Random Question

Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Random Question

Post by Fiferguy »

So Fel, I was rereading Subjugation again, and a thought struck me. I was reading where Symone mentions Braveheart, and it got me to thinking: What has happened to all the actors/actresses/support people in Hollywood? Are they still making movies? Or did they get sent to a farm? Were they grouped with the artists, or seen as trivial members of society?

Just a random question I thought I'd throw out there.
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Random Question

Post by Fel »

Everyone involved in the arts is still doing what they were doing. So actors, producers, musicians, and their industries remain.

It's all part of the "overall morale initiative" of the planet, something the Imperium actively cultivates. After all, distracted or amused citizens are not rebelling or dissenting citizens.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Well, unless you're REALLY pissed.... for example... Jason and crew... :wink:
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

I guess Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum are on a farm. They killed too many aliens already ... :)

btw ... Fel. Is there some kind of censorship under the subjugation? Do the faey allow free speech, political talkshows or even movies like "independence day 2" where the humans kick blue skinned aliens off their planet? :)

ohhh ... and because this is the "random question" topic ...

A few days ago, I pulled an old pc game out off my cupboard, Master of Orion 2. During the beginning there are several races to pick from and one of them are the Elysians.

They are blue skinned, have a female dominated feudalistic society and are telepathic. Coincidence?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I played that game too. ;)

Originally, the Faey were going to look like regular elves (which fits into human mythology), with the rest of the Faey base intact. If you look back through Irish/Scottish folklore and myth about the Faerie (their word for elves), you'll find virtually no references to male Faerie...only the females, so that became part of the racial design. Faerie magic and their mythical powers, well, that's just technology and telepathy. But heck, I figured why not make them blue-skinned like the Elerians, because it would look cool.

So, coincidence? Some yes, some no.

And I pay homage to MOO2 in the novel...in the persona of one overly clever young noblewoman named Eleri Trillane.
matrix
Novice

Post by matrix »

Which race did you all play?
I usealy played Humans.
Call me Matrix ,Enzo Matrix.
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

usually a custom made race ... Low-g-planet, creativity and democratic. I think it is one of the best combos.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I used custom.

The ultimate unstoppable combination was Subterranean Creative Unification. The only drawback was trying to feed them all before you go Terraforming.

This combination was nigh undefeatable.
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

An idea struck me since i'm rereding Subjugation. The base in the mountain. It's going to be his bas of operation and education. And he is now educating future pilots.
With the faey tec they could make flight Simultors the would seems real and not the crapy ones we have today. It would make it easyer to train more pilots then one att a time, since he only got one airskimmer.

Just a thought :wink:
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Even with flight simulators today, the problem is not so much the simulator themselves, but the feeling of a real plane vs. the simulator. No matter how much you've flown in a simulator, you still need time in a pilot's chair. It could help, but eventually, he's going to have more ships anyway, so just the one air skimmer isn't a problem for now.
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Fiferguy wrote:Even with flight simulators today, the problem is not so much the simulator themselves, but the feeling of a real plane vs. the simulator. No matter how much you've flown in a simulator, you still need time in a pilot's chair. It could help, but eventually, he's going to have more ships anyway, so just the one air skimmer isn't a problem for now.
yes but as I said could the flightsimulator with feay tech not make it close to reality. Simulate gravity, holografic projctors and make the shutel tumbel about to make it seam more real.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

Hey Fel,
Re-reading Sub.. and I have two questions.
1. What happend to the key that Jason was given. It would help get a lot of equipment for free if he used to to reassign shipments of supplies.
2. Does his skimmer still have the ability to shrug off mpac fire??

Thanks.

Lago