Faey medical tech

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Faey medical tech

Post by J-Man5 »

Since the Faey are so much further ahead in many areas including medical sciences I was wondering what they used to treat the majority of illnesses. Do they use gene engineered biomeds? Or new and unknown chemicals? Can they fix DNA? Do they use cloned organs?

What I'm trying to get at is, once someone isolates the differences between a truly non-telepathic human and a telepathic human could a virus be created or nanobots be used to turn on the telepathic abilities of every human on earth? Jyslin and Symone in chapter 5 (I think) said other races had 1% or less of their population who were telepaths. If you used 0.1% of humans that would still be more than 6 million human telepaths. Seems like the human race could then have some say for themselves then.

J-Man5
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Faey medical tech

Post by Lochar »

I'm assuming that the telepathy is something that would have to be engineered from birth, not something you can throw at people well past any reasonable age to learn something as complex as telepathy.

And given the fact that I don't think humans would like their offspring to be telepathic I doubt it would happen. I think they'd rather strip the Faey of their telepathy and make them closer to human than to take their children and make them closer to Faey.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

The problem with bioweapons is that its impossible to stop them from mutating. Since humans and faey seem genetically compatable, and virus designed to affect humans could also affect the faey.

Even if they could though. The faey seem much more interested in telepathically labotomising psychic humans and turning them into zombie spies.

ANTIcarrot
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Not "zombie" spies...just reprogrammed to be loyal to the Imperium.

It's just that such reprogramming, which does rewire the brain, causes personality changes, and can affect intelligence. How it affects a brain is unique to that brain and the skill of the person doing it.

It's actually possible to make someone smarter using telepathic reprogramming techniques. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:Not "zombie" spies...just reprogrammed to be loyal to the Imperium.

It's just that such reprogramming, which does rewire the brain, causes personality changes, and can affect intelligence. How it affects a brain is unique to that brain and the skill of the person doing it.

It's actually possible to make someone smarter using telepathic reprogramming techniques. ;)
Streamline neural paths.

But of course, that streamlining doesn't mean much if all they want to do is spy.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

It might also depend on how opposed such a person would be to such loyality. A person who thinks the Imperium is a great idea would probably be affected hardly at all, but a philosopher who could work out from base principles why the Imperium is a very very bad idea could be completely destroyed. In the later case it is also arguably an act of murder. And most definately an act of slavery.

If that does happen. Jyslin seemed fairly certian when it was discussed, but she is a fairly low ranking marine, and not exactly the smartest cookie in the tin. She might be wrong about how Imperium Intelligence would conduct itself - if indeed the poor human girl makes it that far.

ANTIcarrot.