Sub Chap 2 & 13 ramblings.

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Sub Chap 2 & 13 ramblings.

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel,
After the language insertion this happens:
And now he'd been taught their language. Just another step down the road of making him an obedient subject of her Imperial Majesty.

He drifted off to sleep with that image floating in his mind...wearing one of those flowing robe-like upper garments the Faey favored, loose shirts with tails that dropped to their shins and flared sleeves with tails on them themselves nearly a foot long, and those loose-fitting pants, or robe-like skirts that both sexes occasionally wore. That would have been even worse. Wearing Faey clothes, speaking the Faey language, and standing in front of the featureless figure sitting on the throne of the Empire, bowing like an obedient lapdog.
Is this a prophetic dream due to the reaction of Jason's latent telepathic abilities coming more to the fore due to the language insertion? Is it a future viewing or just a nightmare conjured by his imagination?

I can eventually see Jason as the head of a new noble house for the Faey.

Will the new doctors figure out the DNA comonality all the human telepaths have?

I personally think there was Faey DNA introduced well into the past or human DNA into the Faey. For two systems to "evolve" into so similar species is next to impossible.

I'm wondering if Jason and Jyslin will have kids with a blue skinned fade job.

Also from a prior comment by Fel either here or on IRC I think the Faey had visited Earth in it's past and are known as Elves in our mythos.

They have a much shorter recorded history than humans.

They may have evolved here along with humans and were "taken" elsewhere by someone else. This "greater" power could also be what is behind the ever present and loyal Kimdori (Were-kin, shapeshifters).

Mirari and Kirari (aka Kate) both keep espousing Trust and Faith. This screams of a God or Goddess. Now there is no "magic" in this universe but it has been said that the line between highly advanced technology and magic is a line only understood by the wielder. To those of lesser understanding it could appear to be magic. Even Niami would tell this to Tarrin. She is mostly powerful due to her understanding of everything. Could this God or Goddess be the same as the one who relocated the Faey (elves) from Earth?

Hrmm. Things to think on and ponder.

J-Man5
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Re: Sub Chap 2 & 13 ramblings.

Post by Journeywoman »

J-Man5 wrote:Fel,
After the language insertion this happens:
And now he'd been taught their language. Just another step down the road of making him an obedient subject of her Imperial Majesty.

He drifted off to sleep with that image floating in his mind...wearing one of those flowing robe-like upper garments the Faey favored, loose shirts with tails that dropped to their shins and flared sleeves with tails on them themselves nearly a foot long, and those loose-fitting pants, or robe-like skirts that both sexes occasionally wore. That would have been even worse. Wearing Faey clothes, speaking the Faey language, and standing in front of the featureless figure sitting on the throne of the Empire, bowing like an obedient lapdog.
Is this a prophetic dream due to the reaction of Jason's latent telepathic abilities coming more to the fore due to the language insertion? Is it a future viewing or just a nightmare conjured by his imagination?
Since I'm currently learning Chinese so I've never assumed that it wasn't part of the imprint. I being able to visualise what a word corresponds to means you can use it, correctly, and know what it corresponds to. It's like learning the word blue, if you don't know what it is or the shade, what's the use of knowing it: 'Oh, that's lovely blue grass you've got there'!
So it would makes sense that the imprint would include this information.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Sub Chap 2 & 13 ramblings.

Post by J-Man5 »

See I didn't get that feeling that the subservience was from the language insertion. It seemed more like a dream or a premonition or prophecy to me. But Jyslin inserted a picture of herself at the same time. Possibly she inserted a subservience to the Empress at the same time possibly not even knowing she did it. Something that was preprogrammed into her and every other Faey.

J-Man5