Subjugation Where does it go from here?

Delvfar
Initiate

Subjugation Where does it go from here?

Post by Delvfar »

Hello all

I am new to the workd of Fel and I have truly enjoyed my time reading them.

I especilly Liked Subjugation and was disheartened to see it had not been updated or added to since January.

Is this a suspended story? Will Fel Continue To add chapters to it?

Hopeful of some positive answers.

Delvfar :)

Edit by Spec8472-in-picky-spelling-mood: There's a <i>u</i> in Subjugation :P
Theater is Raido with the LIGHTS ON!
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Subjugation Where does it go from here?

Post by J-Man5 »

He will probably return to the Subjugation Universe when he 1) tires of the current chapters of Demon's Bane or 2) reaches a writer's block on Demon's Bane or 3) finishes Demon's Bane.

Fel is extremely busy with school (Physics major) and work. Writing is a pastime/hobby that he enjoys and so do the rest of us.

If you have only read Subjugation I'd seriously sugesst that you read the Chronicles of Tarrin Kael. That should keep you reading for quite a while or at least until the next chapter comes out. Then start reading it again for the many many things you missed the first time.

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

yes, Subjugation is going to be updated, as J said, but there is no plan at the time to start moving on it again. I have the next chapter half written, got over my writer's block concerning Subjugation and worked out the outline for the rest of the chapter, but I'm just too busy to sit down and finish it up.

I work on the stories in stages...when I run out of inspiration in one, I move to another, but always when I'm not busy with work or school.

I've even done more backstory work on Subjugation, filling in some noble houses, planets, fleshed out the cultural hierarchy of the Kimdori in the Subjugation reference binder...it gives me something to do between classes. ;)

***************SPOILER***************

Where does it go from here?

Well, there's going to be lots and lots and lots of intrigue, conflict, open warfare, and revelations as Jason and his fellow resistance fighters come into conflict against the soldiers of Trillane in an armed rebellion, even as the Kimdori seem to manipulate Jason, the Faey, and everyone else in their own private little game that only they understand.

Even while he struggles to evict Trillane from control of Earth, using all the cunning and trickery which has become his trademark and playing a dangerous game of balance by combating Trillane without invoking the wrath of the Empress, Jason both expands his understanding of Faey technology and tries to unravel the mystery of the telepathic ability of the people of Earth, as well as try to unlock the mystery that the enigmatic Kimdori keep placing in front of him.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Delvfar
Initiate

Post by Delvfar »

Thanks for the swift replies folks!

I look forward to the next additions of Subjugation!!

As a side note I found your stories through a recomendation from a reader/write I follow on another website devoted to writing.

I think that your stories would fit Very well with what is posted there
and you would gain a large following very quickly!

Either BeyondthefarHorizions.com
Or Storiesonline.com Would be a great place!!

Thanks again for the great stories and yes I am starting Tower of Scorcery Tonight!!

Delvfar :D

Ed: More u's added :roll:
Theater is Raido with the LIGHTS ON!
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Welcome Fellow Fel Addict.

You will soon find that your sleep is deprived due to reading and not being able to put down Fel's Chronicles of Tarrin Kael and will probably re-read them many times. Welcome to the Addiction!!! There are many of us. You will be assimilated.

J-Man5
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

J-Man5 wrote:Welcome Fellow Fel Addict.

You will soon find that your sleep is deprived due to reading and not being able to put down Fel's Chronicles of Tarrin Kael and will probably re-read them many times. Welcome to the Addiction!!! There are many of us. You will be assimilated.

J-Man5
Correction... You HAVE been assimilated. :twisted:

Love your stories Fel. Wish I could find out where Barnes & Noble are hiding the hardcopies though. :wink:

Fawks
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Delvfar wrote:I am new to the workd of Fel and I have truly enjoyed my time reading them.
Welcome. If you hadn't gathered already, you're in good company when it comes to people who really enjoy reading Fel's works. :)

Re the Spelling corrections, don't fret - I was just being picky :)
freethrow
Sorcerer

Post by freethrow »

J-Man5 wrote:Welcome Fellow Fel Addict.

J-Man5
Isn't that the truth. If he is just starting the Tower he will be very sleepy for several days to come. And like us, very anxious for more when he finishes.

I second the welcome to the the family.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

freethrow wrote: Isn't that the truth. If he is just starting the Tower he will be very sleepy for several days to come. And like us, very anxious for more when he finishes.
Probably weeks, depending how fast he reads, there are six and a bit books after that one!

Delvfar, welcome to the family/addiction :D !
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Journeywoman wrote:
freethrow wrote: Isn't that the truth. If he is just starting the Tower he will be very sleepy for several days to come. And like us, very anxious for more when he finishes.
Probably weeks, depending how fast he reads, there are six and a bit books after that one!

Delvfar, welcome to the family/addiction :D !
Yup, weeks of late nights and days of hollow looking eyes is what happened to me. It got bad enough that I had to reformat to larger type and print the stories to read under an old incandescent lamp. My 50 year old eyes needed a break from the monitor screen and the bed and easy chair were both more comfortable than setting in front of the computer.

--
Were Fan
canilash
Talent

Post by canilash »

I do not feel addicted. Well, a bit, but that's normal for me. I've been addicted to every series I have started reading, be they moderately good. I think I liked more subjugation than the chronicles of Tarrin Kael, however. I assume it was written later, as the writing style is better. What partially turned me down from Tarrin is the emphasis put on his psychology, and the fact that he keeps pitying himself, and at lenght, no less. At the end, I just skipped those parts, because they were redundant.
kanifeli
Novice

Post by kanifeli »

just keep reading...

i started telling myself i'd go slow, make it last so that there would be more chapters to read but i ended up reading the whole thing in just under five days (lucky i was on summer vacation or i would have missed a lot of classes). trust me it keeps getting better and better.