Insurrection: Spoilers Chapter 2

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Insurrection: Spoilers Chapter 2

Post by Hearly »

Ok, one thing I've been thinking about, this new person who is a generation, what if she is a Higher rank than him? if so would the house go to her? (hence the brainwashing her to be loyal to trilliane's)

Fel's never really touched on it, Also once Rann married the girl, wouldn't Jason's house become a Highborn house at that point (from earlier mentions on how a house became a Highborn)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Re: Insurrection: Spoilers Chapter 2

Post by boballab »

Well Fel never explained how the houses worked but my guess there is an ancient law that would allow the female human generation to challenge Jason for head of the house, probably would have something to do with a telepathic dual. Now since she is Female and of the same line as Jason she would be telepathically stronger then him same way that Myleena is.

As to Rann's intended bride and him. The way the contract is worded Rann is the designated heir to the Karrine Title and Dahanni's daughter joins House Karrine, not the other way around.

It will be interesting to see how Fel gets Jason out of this jam. Since she is a generation she can sense the Kimdori. She will also probably have Mindbender training after she was brainwashed and since she will be stonger then Jason and if one of my other guesses is right she will have a gestalt as well. That will mean that Jason probably won't be able to de-program her and she might be even stronger then Yana. If thats the case there is only 2 people that might be able to deprogram her: Myleena in gestalt or what Fel hinted at in chapter one, the strongest telepath in the Imperium Jason and Yana's daughter.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

I guess we are moving the discussion here.
I had the same thought as Hearly about the challenging Jason's authority thingy. But the houses and successions seem to be organized in classic medieval royal house way. It can't be "rule of the strongest" because every time a new strong telepath is born the house would rearrange. It's a line of succession thing and Jason is the recognized Grand Duke Karinne...

I kinda doubt the new brainwashed generation can really be a problem to take down on a planet full of hostile, to her, forces, Kimori, Jason and Yana and what not... and considering she is ligally Jason's subject so no one can say boo to him if he shoots her in the middle of a street during the day...

I suspect Fel will be surprising us with something soon, i hope it will be really soon not only book timeline speaking....I'm really hooked...
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Metatrone wrote:I guess we are moving the discussion here.
I had the same thought as Hearly about the challenging Jason's authority thingy. But the houses and successions seem to be organized in classic medieval royal house way. It can't be "rule of the strongest" because every time a new strong telepath is born the house would rearrange. It's a line of succession thing and Jason is the recognized Grand Duke Karinne...

I kinda doubt the new brainwashed generation can really be a problem to take down on a planet full of hostile, to her, forces, Kimori, Jason and Yana and what not... and considering she is ligally Jason's subject so no one can say boo to him if he shoots her in the middle of a street during the day...

I suspect Fel will be surprising us with something soon, i hope it will be really soon not only book timeline speaking....I'm really hooked...
Just remember she was on her way to Prius where Dahanni is going and the Denmother felt that it wasn't for a failed assissnation attempt. That leads to only 2 conclusions that I can see.

1. She has Mindbender training and is there to get into someones mind probably a Guard then get to the Empress and try to bend her mind. on the other hand:

2. There is an ancient custom similar to what Jason used that would allow her to challenge him and it must be done in front of the empress. If she showed up wearing a Gestalt and doing telekinesis Dhanni would have to recognize her as a Karrine and allow the rite or whatever.

thats the only 2 things that I can think of that fufills her mission and the Denmothers feelings. I also believe that the Denmother doesn't want Jason anywhere near her so its going to be interesting.
Blyker
Sorcerer

Post by Blyker »

I dont understand the problem with the mpac shields. Didnt Jason design something against the mpac back when he was in Huntington?
MadCujo
Talent

Post by MadCujo »

Blyker wrote:I dont understand the problem with the mpac shields. Didnt Jason design something against the mpac back when he was in Huntington?
Postulated never built.

Mad Cujo
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

After rereading some of the Subjugation chapters I think the Female generations job is to keep Jason distracted and away from what he needs to do at the minimum. Also since she is a Generation the Kimdori might be forbidden to help Jason against her, the same way Kimdori working for other houses don't interfere against one another in the Game. The Generations are considered Kimdori by the Kimdori so that rule may apply. I think we will find out she is the Female Version of Jason. She will have the same intuitive grasp of engineering that Jason and Myleena have, be a strong telepath and telekinetic. We all know how dangerous Jason was against Trillane and that might be what she is to do against Jason. LOL just think at the end of the story and they get her deprogramed Cybi, Jyslin, Miaari and the Denmother will want her to get pregnant by Jason to continue a more pure Human Generation line. That should be good for a few laughs as they try and convince the 2 of them to do the nasty.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

I doubt that the Kimori won't interfere. Their goal is the protection of the Generations as a whole, Karinnes and Karis, not every signle one. It's a fine distinction, this woman is a threat to the Karinnes not only Jason on a personal level and the ties of the Kimori are with House Karinne.

p.s. btw am I the only one who's getting the feeling that this short story will not be so short. :D I mean it's 3 weeks until Myleena's hyperspace disturbance thing is ready, and I think it will be involved at some point...:)
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

This question probably shows that I have been watching too much anime but...Is the name of the planet "Menos" in insurrection2 a reference to the large hollows in Bleach?