Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Banner
Initiate

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Banner »

Maybe something was done to the farm workers that no one has realized and that the IMS is afraid of becoming public knowledge before they can deal with it. Something that perhaps may have serious ramifications if not dealt with promptly.
That could also explain the money - that it's either being used to fund this emergency secret program, or perhaps this is someone taking advantage of the program and using it as cover for their own actions.

I suspect we'll find out in the next installment.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Sorry, I'm not buying that the money is being diverted for anything good, particularly because that is being done through the UN not IMS.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

Banner wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 am Maybe something was done to the farm workers that no one has realized and that the IMS is afraid of becoming public knowledge before they can deal with it. Something that perhaps may have serious ramifications if not dealt with promptly.
That could also explain the money - that it's either being used to fund this emergency secret program, or perhaps this is someone taking advantage of the program and using it as cover for their own actions.

I suspect we'll find out in the next installment.
That "something was done to the farm workers" is a given, CO's results with regards to a group which consists entirely of former farm workers supports that claim, it just isn't clear as to what was done. Fel's "short" story also isn't completely reliable as IIRC, the Faye telepaths can alter memory as well, so while I could say "it's nothing" going by the memories of that story... That isn't to say there hasn't been a memory wipe or block placed upon them, so they don't remember all of what they went through.

The IMS is afraid of something, and "dealing with it" is instead burying it as deep as they can. Which appears to be quite deep as this Chapter revealed.

As to the money on Earth, with as large as the IMS is, the money in the fund for Farm Worker compensation is likely to be a laughable amount of "pocket change" to the Medical Service. They're an organization that spans the Imperium, there probably are "remote outposts" that have budgets which could easily rival the value of that compensation fund in total. The IMS doesn't need that money, I'd be highly surprised if they're touching any of that money themselves, although they're possibly helping mis-direct for whatever reason.

Given the protections in place around the head of the IMS, it seems to me like there is a lot more to be found once they(the Kimdori/Karrines) find their way into that particular rabbit hole. A fair bit of which likely has little to nothing to do with the Farm Workers, but still items of great concern/interest to the Karrines and the Kimdori.