Citadel Online

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Citadel Online

Post by kyli »

No they arent in CO but in Revolution, it says they are immune to the virus for some reason. So they won't be Generations.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

kyli wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:43 am No they arent in CO but in Revolution, it says they are immune to the virus for some reason. So they won't be Generations.
Probably something funky like they chose not to be changed, so they aren't.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

GotToGo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 pm Hey did I miss the Parri being in any of the chapters of Revolution or CO? Nor the effects of the pandemic on the Parri. Ummh?
The Parri are immune to the virus.

This is mentioned in Revolution.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Fel wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:19 pm
GotToGo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 pm Hey did I miss the Parri being in any of the chapters of Revolution or CO? Nor the effects of the pandemic on the Parri. Ummh?

Sorry, I missed it the first time thru. Immune or advanced beyond it, but that would result into the same thing.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Fel wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:19 pm

But is it because they choose to be immune? :P Or like GotToGo says, are too advanced for the virus to affect, or maybe because you the author didn't want them to be, so they aren't :P
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Which meant that Earth would never be attacked by anyone again — at least from in our galaxy
DUN DUN DUN - Foreshadowing!
baengi
Initiate

Post by baengi »

Not related, but does someone remember if there was a description of the karinne crest somewhere and what it was like?
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

The orginal crest was two waves with a star between them. Jason later added the legion Phoenix between the waves.

I've posted the last couple books on the forum in general and the cover image I use is the closest image I've seen to the karinne crest, though it's not perfect. The Phoenix dominates the image, but since it was added by Jason, that suggests that the waves and star should be able to stand alone, which they absolutely do not.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
baengi
Initiate

Post by baengi »

thanks
Kacoo
Initiate

Post by Kacoo »

GotToGo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:04 pm With the Faey being 100% telepathic and use to reading the surface thoughts of all the non-telepathic persons in the other races. Once all the others races are through the change and can close themselves, how will the Faey feel being unable to read those surface thoughts that they have been accustomed too?
Yeah there was some lines in book one or two where Jys said that Faey don't travel outside the imperium because they get pretty much are hated everywhere else or the governments suspect that they are spies so limit their travels. The virus will probably open up alot of new markets for them
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

GotToGo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:04 pmWith the Faey being 100% telepathic and use to reading the surface thoughts of all the non-telepathic persons in the other races. Once all the others races are through the change and can close themselves, how will the Faey feel being unable to read those surface thoughts that they have been accustomed too?
There probably would be a short adjustment period for them, but I doubt it would take very long, especially with the Kimdori sense thing going on.

Basically it'll just become just like they were somewhere that was almost universally either Faey or telepathic in its population makeup.

As Kacoo mentioned, if anything, it'll be a somewhat welcome change, as it means they can travel to a lot more places in person and feel welcomed rather than feel like a pariah that should leave as soon as possible.
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

All faey are telepathic and hence they are used to seeing a lot of closed minds. So to a lay faey nothing changed really.

For faey that interacts with other empires, most deploy telepaths they have for working with faey. Naturally they too will close their minds when interacting with Faey.

Only Karrine faey has interactions with lay citizens without talent and Karrines are about respecting the privacy of others. So they too don't peek much.

So my opinion is nothing would change for Faey. However that might not be the case for other empires with less telepaths. They would face the disadvantages.

Someone like Mikana Strongblade (during her time in Shio) who was used to hearing the surface thoughts will feel a bit different.

But a saying I've read about hearing surface thoughts might apply here.
Hearing others thoughts would be like dragging you in the middle of sea. The moment you lose your concentration you will be dragged down by them
So I think the telepaths would not feel any different atleast decent ones
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Fel wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:11 am Glad you liked it. I'm still not sure I edited it correctly though. In the original version, Xen gets Touched by the Djinn off the sea giant prince, but then I realized he couldn't possibly get skilled enough in using it by the end of the Grand Crusade to make the battle at Freeport work. So, I gave Savar the Legendary skill instead and retconned seven entire chapters so that he had the skill at the beginning of the story.

I had to do some major edits and rewrites to work that into the story, then fix the 2 chapters after he got the skill in the original story to make it make sense.
Honestly, given all the various calendars you had to deal with _plus_ in-game time, you did a remarkable job avoiding continuity errors. I have a gut feeling that there's one _somewhere_, but I'll be damned if I can point with it, which is something on your part.