Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee »

GotToGo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:06 am
Wolfee wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:23 pm
Not a ID wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 pm I'm going to have to go back and check, but I very vaguely recall that some Generations were reported to have died on the Farms. As the FMS presumably verified/reported those deaths, and the FMS was believed to be neutral(and thus reliable) on the matter, they may not have dug much further on the matter. Now to go back and dig through the earlier volumes and see what was mentioned in regards to their search for the Human Generations.

If through sheer dumb (bad) luck one of "early patients" had been a Generation, they might have activated many of the generation abilities by accident, and attributed the outcome to the experiment, at least until Jason happened.

It also would explain why the experiment seems to have been carried out on so many people, because it worked on at least one of the humans...
Did Fel ever say what happened to the Human who expressed while Jason was in school in the first few chapters of book 1?

Either that or the FMS has their own version of Joseph Mengele running around in the background. Or maybe their own version of a black ops biology team to study the "primitive" humans. This may go deeper down the rabbit hole than we think. Lets just hope that the Faey religious leaders aren't some how tied into this... that would be all kinds of bad.
Wolfee and Not a ID,

My worst case Scenario goes way back, which is that the upper level(s) of the FMS were instrumental in the pushing the Faey Houses in the original destruction of Karis to destroy the Generations!

Then even Songa, at her FMS high level, could not get passed the FMS restriction on the data. Also, why the only some of the Farm Workers were restricted to Faey Doctors only which bring to mind - any Faey Doc or only a hand picked few?
Your worst case scenario is pretty grim indeed. Several weeks ago I had a passing thought about how the FMS might have viewed the the Karrines, but was in the midst of writing my final semester paper for my masters and let the thought fly out the other ear. I certainly did not follow that thought all the way back to such a grim possibility. Good job! Interesting indeed! Hopefully Fel will give us an update on chapter 7 or release it soon. I must say looking forward to it.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

GotToGo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:17 pm
kyli wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 pm
GotToGo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Kyle, it's the dream that rules out so many other options. What else fits?
What I mean is that the dream is about something else entirely and has nothing to do with the FMS or the situation on Earth.
Since this a Spoiler Page, I thought you might have option that I missed. Take care.
I'm starting to think that:
GotToGo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:06 am My worst case Scenario goes way back, which is that the upper level(s) of the FMS were instrumental in the pushing the Faey Houses in the original destruction of Karis to destroy the Generations!

Then even Songa, at her FMS high level, could not get passed the FMS restriction on the data. Also, why the only some of the Farm Workers were restricted to Faey Doctors only which bring to mind - any Faey Doc or only a hand picked few?
Is likely to be the valid path forward. IIRC, Fel suggested the "Revolution" would strike "closer to home," and you can't get much closer than right on Jason's doorstep, in the form of a conflag with the FMS on the part of House Karrine would certainly fit that bill.

The imagery with the Dragon being the FMS also potentially works in a "sleeping dragon" kind of context. They established long ago that the FMS is virtually untouchable within Faye Society, and it's a tradition dating back thousands of years. So moving openly against them, or even covertly for that matter, is something that you do at your own peril. ("Waking the dragon")

I kind of like the theory that the FMS is actually the one who set in motion the events that led to the near extermination of House Karrine the last time around. They probably caught wind of the Generations project, and likely a number of other medical(/biological) research projects they felt encroached upon "their turf"and potentially threatened it, with the Karrinne University actually being one such "threat" to them.

The Kimdori investigating what went on with the humans on those farms and how it relates to the FMS is potentially going to dig up a number of other skeletons along the way. Some of which may not truly be dead, even a thousand+ years later.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Are we missing something important? I'm sure we are! Are the Trillanes envolved in someway? Etc.

Now we wait on Chapter 7....
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

I doubt the Trillanes are knowingly involved in whatever the FMS was getting up to on Earth during it's occupation. Their role, if anything, was more likely to be one along the lines of deliberate neglect. In that they simply didn't care much about what happened to the Humans, so long as their quotas were met.

How they responded to Jason's activities in the first books tends to demonstrate to me they weren't overly concerned with "the value of human life" all things considered. Which would make for a prime opportunity for someone looking to do a bit of "black medical research" and not need to be overly worried about other authority figures getting curious about people disappearing.

Pair that with how Faye Society in general treats the FMS and they essentially had a license to kill humans at will without fear of anybody calling them out.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

Thought this should see a mention over here as well:
Fel wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am I should have a LOT to put up in a one or two weeks.

Last chapter, I introduced Kevin Ball and what he's doing over in the game, and this chapter of Revolution will reveal the end of the Grand Crusade and what happens during and after the final battle.

I don't want to spoil that ending in Revolution. I want Kevin's story to reveal that ending.

So, over the last couple of weeks or so, I've been busting my tail working on Kevin's story, and once I finish it up to a certain point, I'm going to release both the next chapter of Revolution and 7-8 chapters of the short story about Kevin, CO, and what happens to him.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Not a ID wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:57 pm I doubt the Trillanes are knowingly involved in whatever the FMS was getting up to on Earth during it's occupation. Their role, if anything, was more likely to be one along the lines of deliberate neglect. In that they simply didn't care much about what happened to the Humans, so long as their quotas were met.

How they responded to Jason's activities in the first books tends to demonstrate to me they weren't overly concerned with "the value of human life" all things considered. Which would make for a prime opportunity for someone looking to do a bit of "black medical research" and not need to be overly worried about other authority figures getting curious about people disappearing.

Pair that with how Faye Society in general treats the FMS and they essentially had a license to kill humans at will without fear of anybody calling them out.
My thoughts are that the FMS weren't really envolved, until Jason showed up as a Generation. The Trillanes are a dark horse that maybe supporting the current FMS efforts and is just one of my many possible plots and sources, these and many others are all running through my warped brain!
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

GotToGo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 pm
Not a ID wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:57 pm I doubt the Trillanes are knowingly involved in whatever the FMS was getting up to on Earth during it's occupation. Their role, if anything, was more likely to be one along the lines of deliberate neglect. In that they simply didn't care much about what happened to the Humans, so long as their quotas were met.
My thoughts are that the FMS weren't really envolved, until Jason showed up as a Generation. The Trillanes are a dark horse that maybe supporting the current FMS efforts and is just one of my many possible plots and sources, these and many others are all running through my warped brain!
If the Trillanes are involved,I'd be highly surprised. That or it involved a very isolated portion of the house.

Jason has since developed a close relationship with that House IIRC, and it is a pretty safe bet that the Kimdori have also been through a LOT of Trillane's stuff during and after the occupation. Something like this should have turned up if it was sanctioned by members in higher levels of the House. The FMS slipping through the cracks would be understandable. House Trillane doing the same on this specific issue would be a monumental failure on the part of the Kimdori.

As such, it is unlikely that any member of high rank in Trillane was involved, at least as a Trillane.
jeffreyC
Novice

Post by jeffreyC »

Not a ID wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 am
If the Trillanes are involved,I'd be highly surprised. That or it involved a very isolated portion of the house.

Jason has since developed a close relationship with that House IIRC, and it is a pretty safe bet that the Kimdori have also been through a LOT of Trillane's stuff during and after the occupation. Something like this should have turned up if it was sanctioned by members in higher levels of the House. The FMS slipping through the cracks would be understandable. House Trillane doing the same on this specific issue would be a monumental failure on the part of the Kimdori.

As such, it is unlikely that any member of high rank in Trillane was involved, at least as a Trillane.
Last I saw Jason would not shed a tear if the Trillanes dropped dead en masse, the only one he had any use for has already changed her name and allegiance to House Karinne.
If the English language had a flag it would have to be the Jolly Roger.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Not a ID wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 am

Am I getting that old that the term "Dark Horse" is past it's time?
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

GotToGo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:16 am Am I getting that old that the term "Dark Horse" is past it's time?
I know what a "Dark Horse" is supposed to be. And as I said, given the larger setting, I gave you reasons for why I don't see that working even with that point on your end. Too much of House Trillane's workings are known(or should be known) to the Kimdori for it to be possible for them to have kept something like that under wraps and outside the knowledge of the Kimdori.

The only possible way that could possibly work is if there is a faction of Kimdori unknown to the Denmother and that "faction" was the one who had members investigating the Trillanes and keeping secrets from their follow Kimdori. Which I don't think is something that could be done easily given the nature of the Kimdori.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

Chapter 9 spoilers within.
Not a ID wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:22 pm Okay, after having read through Chapter 6, I'm guess the FMS was engaging in some "Black Medical Experiments" on the humans who were sent to the farm. And what is being encountered with certain users of CO(or more specifically, the Farm Survivors) is likely an outgrowth of those experiments/"treatments."
Further thoughts on this given the retro-virus: They may have been looking specifically at trying to generate a retrovirus to create telekinetic humans by taking advantage of the close genetic similarity between Humans and Faey. The torture that Mr. Ball remembers from his time on the farm was the FMS attempting to put him under sufficient stress as to force him to express such an ability.

Remember: The Faey have no need for figuring out how to create telepathic Faey, they already are. Although making them more powerful telepathically may have been a branch of investigation they were working on with human proxies. Creating more (powerful) telekinetic Faey on the other hand, that would put them in a better position against other races and even a possibly restored House Karrine. However unlikely they viewed that outcome to be at the time, at least until Songa and Renn pinged their database about the Moridon viral agent.
That the FMS had been performing "black experiements" on humans would also explain why they're very reticent about giving humans permission to practice medicine under their Aegis. As those doctors would both become the most likely to notice(fellow Humans being their likely favored field of expertise) and the most likely to blow the whistle on what happened.

They'd also be the hardest one to shut up/silence, as we go back to their medical practice preference likely favoring fellow humans. As such suddenly reassigning them to a distant backwater world where nobody cares would be hard to explain. (This may extend to the point where the Humans that are getting through are probably the ones interested in Xeno-biology, and thus very unlikely to practice medicine on humans in general--and likely being "encouraged" to practice in locations that likewise minimize their chances of ever encountering any Farm Survivors)
Remains speculation at this time, but it seems much more credible now.
So I'm starting to skew towards this potentially leading to some "revolutionary" changes on multiple fronts for the Humans in particular, possibly others given time. The FMS is also going to face "a reckoning" for what they did.

It doesn't change however, that they evidently found some kind of treatment which seems to greatly enhance the abilities of people well beyond anything they'd otherwise be capable of. They just failed to find the right "trigger" for those effects to become significant. Now it just becomes a question of what was involved in "the treatment" which is enabling all of this.
While it seems that whatever they did to Kevin Ball was presumably "a failure" they probably took some lessons learned from that cohort of unfortunates, and enabled to just go whole-hog on turning people into full-on Generations rather than pursuing half-measures like they were doing during the Subjugation.

The Retrovirus being unleashed and making it both Earth and throughout the Faey Imperium is certainly going to cause "Revolutionary changes" even absent a confrontation with the FMS. And Jason investigating what happened to Kevin Ball is almost guaranteed to be what triggered that retrovirus being released.
I'm also wondering if the Farm survivors on CO are going to start developing telepathic abilities in time, as I kind of suspect they were experimenting with some kind of Human/Faey hybridization process, which is how what's being seen is happening. And of course, given that we know the Faey themselves are actually an offshot of the human race, it isn't entirely unlikely that they could have unintentionally been more successful than they intended.
Moot speculation at this point, the FMS was more "successful" than intended with what they ultimately did. Due to that, we're unlikely to ever know what could have happened otherwise. Unless there is a Farm Survivor out on a KES ship in deep space, or otherwise outside the quarantined systems by dumb luck.