Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:54 pm

miraborn wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 pm
Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 am
imthejman85 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm
I doubt Songa knew anything about it. Her and Rann were small time doctors when they were brought in by the Kimdori.
The above is all that needs to be said in order to establish the probability that Songa or Rann had anything to do with what had been going on in the farms. Given how the Kimdori view the Generations, it's a safe bet they thoroughly screened anybody they introduced to Jason. That this seems to be news to them as well, indicates they found nothing back then, ergo Songa knew nothing.
You raise a good point, which also implies the Denmother will similarly be having a conniption fit about the matter. I hope Kiaari isn't caught in the crossfire.
Miraborn you raise a good point - and you said it more succinctly thank we did...
Wolfee wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:44 pm
GotToGo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:37 pm
Also has the Earths Gamekeeper dropped the ball?
Interesting thought....but is it the Gamekeeper's job to be checking up individuals such as former farm workers? On the other hand if the reaches into the Terran government... may be it is something she should have discovered!? We might be able to argue that it doesn't fall into her bally wick, but I don't think the Den Mother would agree.
GotToGo wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:58 am
Hey Wolfee, wondered when you would add your two cents in. Glad you did.

On Den Mother I fully agree, but she (Earth Gamekeeper) is a young pup and done a wonderful job; until now maybe. And the source is a out of left field (Baseball term for you non-Americans, means it is something rare).

Doesn't tell us why they keep assigning him to Faey Docs, even when Fel tells above that they have non-Faey available? You think like me that Fel going to surprise us all?
GoToGo and I did in the chapter 5 spoilers discussion. I am just wondering where Fel is heading with all of this in the end!

Not a ID
Sorcerer
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:21 am

I'm inclined to think the Denmother may be upset, but it isn't just the Gamekeeper on Earth that dropped the ball on this. The Gamekeeper overseeing the Faye in general during Earth's occupation dropped it as well, this should probably have been something they knew about before Jason's "little" rebellion even started back on Earth.

More generally, the Kimdori will likely acknowledge it as one large blindspot they allowed to develop with regards to the FMS in general. More specifically though, I think the final conclusion is that the situation was "outside the scope" of their normal taskings, so none of the Kimdori were being "overly negligent" in carrying out their duties. It was simply an issue of complacency that had developed in regards to the FMS and its activities because they've had such a long history as not being a flash point for problems, and thus a low priority for more than "routine monitoring." Which given the nature of what was evidently going on, "routine monitoring" likely would have taken an extreme case of dumb luck on the part of the Kimdori for uncovering anything.

Now whether or not they're able to establish if it would have eventually been detected had that program remained active long enough. That's another matter. As it is, I think the program was shut down the moment that the Faye discovered there were human telepaths(without medical intervention), and the only "active" part of the program from then on was the cover-up. So nothing much to detect.

Of course, the other consideration is if the Kimdori made any promises to Jason in regards to monitoring that program to make sure it was being administered properly. Based on Jason's reaction so far, I'm guessing he didn't ask for that, and they didn't offer. That's one he is probably going to be kicking himself over as he "should have remembered" that the pre-occupation UN was notorious for corruption, and expecting those officials to not revert to form once back in charge was a bit naive on his part. There should have been more, and better, oversight on that program.

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:21 pm

I'm getting an impression from Fel's writings that what the FMS has been doing is much more serious than just a "Cover Up". I starting lean toward the FMS sees the Generations as un-natural and are to be suppressed and might have even active participates in the original destruction of Karris.

Remember the dream - Jason and Dahnai with swords facing a Dragon! That seems show a much more serious issue than just a cover up!

The issue with Department of Farm Management might be a separate issue and they're just a bunch of thieves.

My two cents and waiting yours. :shock:

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 am

GotToGo wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:21 pm
I'm getting an impression from Fel's writings that what the FMS has been doing is much more serious than just a "Cover Up". I starting lean toward the FMS sees the Generations as un-natural and are to be suppressed and might have even active participates in the original destruction of Karris.

Remember the dream - Jason and Dahnai with swords facing a Dragon! That seems show a much more serious issue than just a cover up!

The issue with Department of Farm Management might be a separate issue and they're just a bunch of thieves.

My two cents and waiting yours. :shock:
I like that idea. Try this one on for size - the FMS leadership knows Dahnai is a generation!? Yes the Guard knows - but the FMS is its own "kingdom" as it where inside the Faey Imperium and has been for hundreds if not thousands of years... they have gotten used to thinking they are untouchable.

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:59 am

Wolfee wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 am
I like that idea. Try this one on for size - the FMS leadership knows Dahnai is a generation!? Yes the Guard knows - but the FMS is its own "kingdom" as it where inside the Faey Imperium and has been for hundreds if not thousands of years... they have gotten used to thinking they are untouchable.
Remember Dahnai was change to a Generation, not born one, ummmhhh? :wink:

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 pm

GotToGo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:59 am
Wolfee wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 am
I like that idea. Try this one on for size - the FMS leadership knows Dahnai is a generation!? Yes the Guard knows - but the FMS is its own "kingdom" as it where inside the Faey Imperium and has been for hundreds if not thousands of years... they have gotten used to thinking they are untouchable.
Remember Dahnai was change to a Generation, not born one, ummmhhh? :wink:
Agreed, but there are doctors in the palace and it has been 3+ years since Dahnai was changed not sure how often the Faey would run some kind of DNA scan. You know that curiosity is an itch that must be scratched and everyone knows one of Dahnai's daughters is a generation - so the FMS might have gotten snoopy.

Fel - How is Jason's and Dahnai's daughter doing? Has she started to stay at Jason's for periods of time?
Last edited by Wolfee on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kyli
Sui'Kun
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by kyli » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 am

I personally think the dream is separate from the FMS. I think I'll be disappointed if its connected.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold, and revenge is sweet, so for all intents and purposes, revenge is ice cream."

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:05 pm

kyli wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 am
I personally think the dream is separate from the FMS. I think I'll be disappointed if its connected.
Kyle, it's the dream that rules out so many other options. What else fits?

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Wolfee wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Fel - How is Jason's and Dahnai's daughter doing? Has she started to stay at Jason's for periods of time?

Wolfe, didn't Dahnai keep her house on the strip where Jason is when she got her Island Palace? And she see already has a daughter staying with Jason, married to his son. Yeah, I know your who referring too, her oldest and heir to her title.

User avatar
kyli
Sui'Kun
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by kyli » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 pm

GotToGo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:05 pm
kyli wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 am
I personally think the dream is separate from the FMS. I think I'll be disappointed if its connected.
Kyle, it's the dream that rules out so many other options. What else fits?
What I mean is that the dream is about something else entirely and has nothing to do with the FMS or the situation on Earth.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold, and revenge is sweet, so for all intents and purposes, revenge is ice cream."

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:36 pm

GotToGo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm
Wolfee wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Fel - How is Jason's and Dahnai's daughter doing? Has she started to stay at Jason's for periods of time?

Wolfe, didn't Dahnai keep her house on the strip where Jason is when she got her Island Palace? And she see already has a daughter staying with Jason, married to his son. Yeah, I know your who referring too, her oldest and heir to her title.
Yes, she "kept" it but Jason moved the house on the strip to her island.

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:17 pm

kyli wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 pm
GotToGo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:05 pm
kyli wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 am
I personally think the dream is separate from the FMS. I think I'll be disappointed if its connected.
Kyle, it's the dream that rules out so many other options. What else fits?
What I mean is that the dream is about something else entirely and has nothing to do with the FMS or the situation on Earth.
Since this a Spoiler Page, I thought you might have option that I missed. Take care.

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Not much of one, other than that Raisha and her twin are 8 years as Jason would count it and 9 years old as Dahnai would count it. This would put them at 1-2 years old than Bethany and Siyae in Revolution 5... so I'm just kinda hoping that Fel would touch on them again. Also isn't it about time that Rann and Shya begin Rigger training? Per Revolution 5 they are now in the 13-14 age range where Sirri started her training.

Also thing that would be nice for Fel to touch on would be a quick update on the terra-forming project on the other planet in the Karis system.

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:47 am

Wolfee wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:02 pm
Not much of one, other than that Raisha and her twin are 8 years as Jason would count it and 9 years old as Dahnai would count it. This would put them at 1-2 years old than Bethany and Siyae in Revolution 5... so I'm just kinda hoping that Fel would touch on them again. Also isn't it about time that Rann and Shya begin Rigger training? Per Revolution 5 they are now in the 13-14 age range where Sirri started her training.

Also thing that would be nice for Fel to touch on would be a quick update on the terra-forming project on the other planet in the Karis system.
Wolfee,

Now your trying to give Fel more IDEAS than he already has, LOL

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:06 am

Wolfee wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:23 pm
Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 pm
I'm going to have to go back and check, but I very vaguely recall that some Generations were reported to have died on the Farms. As the FMS presumably verified/reported those deaths, and the FMS was believed to be neutral(and thus reliable) on the matter, they may not have dug much further on the matter. Now to go back and dig through the earlier volumes and see what was mentioned in regards to their search for the Human Generations.

If through sheer dumb (bad) luck one of "early patients" had been a Generation, they might have activated many of the generation abilities by accident, and attributed the outcome to the experiment, at least until Jason happened.

It also would explain why the experiment seems to have been carried out on so many people, because it worked on at least one of the humans...
Did Fel ever say what happened to the Human who expressed while Jason was in school in the first few chapters of book 1?

Either that or the FMS has their own version of Joseph Mengele running around in the background. Or maybe their own version of a black ops biology team to study the "primitive" humans. This may go deeper down the rabbit hole than we think. Lets just hope that the Faey religious leaders aren't some how tied into this... that would be all kinds of bad.
Wolfee and Not a ID,

My worst case Scenario goes way back, which is that the upper level(s) of the FMS were instrumental in the pushing the Faey Houses in the original destruction of Karis to destroy the Generations!

Then even Songa, at her FMS high level, could not get passed the FMS restriction on the data. Also, why the only some of the Farm Workers were restricted to Faey Doctors only which bring to mind - any Faey Doc or only a hand picked few?

Post Reply