Revolution, chapter 5 (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Revolution, chapter 5 (spoilers)

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Interesting how the speculation on Citadel skills bleeding into the real world turned out to be very true.

I do wonder how the farm recovery effort dropped the ball so badly, and also wonder given how the Faey medical establishment is so freed from normal politics that their ethos of helping all those in need doesn't carry over to mental as well as physical injury. The Faey doctors have got to be aware of the problems (perhaps not in this particular case but for less extreme folks, and if there are people who can show up but can't be helped because the doctor is Faey it only stands to reason that there are worse cases that can't even bring themselves to seek help).

But mostly just a nice slice-of-life-in-the-Grand-Duke's-home chapter.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Revolution, chapter 5 (spoilers)

Post by Wolfee »

SoronelHaetir wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:19 pm Interesting how the speculation on Citadel skills bleeding into the real world turned out to be very true.

I do wonder how the farm recovery effort dropped the ball so badly, and also wonder given how the Faey medical establishment is so freed from normal politics that their ethos of helping all those in need doesn't carry over to mental as well as physical injury. The Faey doctors have got to be aware of the problems (perhaps not in this particular case but for less extreme folks, and if there are people who can show up but can't be helped because the doctor is Faey it only stands to reason that there are worse cases that can't even bring themselves to seek help).

But mostly just a nice slice-of-life-in-the-Grand-Duke's-home chapter.
I found the CO skills bleeding into the real world interesting... and I found the Farm issues odd - I would have thunk this would have all been resolved by now. It will be interesting to see what Fel does with this.

Not to mention - I wonder who is coming to "visit"
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

I was also wondering how come that guy got a jack installed if he is so faey phobic and that almost all doctors at the Imperial medical service at terra are faey. Also how is he able to work at a faey company ?

I think there is some corruption going on; also Jason is partially to blame as he had claimed terra for his own house but then he left in the middle of the night for karis (back in subjugation) he was highest executive responsible for terra when terra was part of house Karinne.

He should have made sure all the people who were displaced, kidnapped, sold in slavery, suffered property loss etc should have had their cases investigated and resolved and then offered counseling. As it was a huge number of people who traumatized; there over 3 million terrans who were sold into slavery they should have all been in counseling.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

betatester wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 am I was also wondering how come that guy got a jack installed if he is so faey phobic and that almost all doctors at the Imperial medical service at terra are faey. Also how is he able to work at a faey company ?
Where he works only has a few Faey executives working there, the vast majority of the employees are human.

He decided to try to break his phobia by working there. It didn't work, but the fact that he almost never sees a Faey at work is why he still works there.
betatester wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 am I think there is some corruption going on; also Jason is partially to blame as he had claimed terra for his own house but then he left in the middle of the night for karis (back in subjugation) he was highest executive responsible for terra when terra was part of house Karinne.

He should have made sure all the people who were displaced, kidnapped, sold in slavery, suffered property loss etc should have had their cases investigated and resolved and then offered counseling. As it was a huge number of people who traumatized; there over 3 million terrans who were sold into slavery they should have all been in counseling.
And you'd be correct. Jason left the welfare of the farm survivors to the U.N. when he left for Karis, and he's positive that instead of helping them, someone in the department that runs the program is stealing the money instead. He knows that he's partially to blame for what's happening.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Fel wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 pm
betatester wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 am I was also wondering how come that guy got a jack installed if he is so faey phobic and that almost all doctors at the Imperial medical service at terra are faey. Also how is he able to work at a faey company ?
Where he works only has a few Faey executives working there, the vast majority of the employees are human.

He decided to try to break his phobia by working there. It didn't work, but the fact that he almost never sees a Faey at work is why he still works there.
betatester wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 am I think there is some corruption going on; also Jason is partially to blame as he had claimed terra for his own house but then he left in the middle of the night for karis (back in subjugation) he was highest executive responsible for terra when terra was part of house Karinne.

And you'd be correct. Jason left the welfare of the farm survivors to the U.N. when he left for Karis, and he's positive that instead of helping them, someone in the department that runs the program is stealing the money instead. He knows that he's partially to blame for what's happening.

Fel,

How did he get Jacked without being with a Faey doctor?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

GotToGo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm
Fel wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Fel,

How did he get Jacked without being with a Faey doctor?
Because while the Faey dominate the Medical Service, there ARE other races in it.

And a jack implantation is an outpatient procedure performed at clinics all over Terra. You make an appointment, and when it's time, you go in and 40 minutes later you walk out with a jack. Doctors aren't assigned to that kind of thing, so the Medical Service didn't assign a doctor to do it.

And there's a reason they're only assigning him Faey doctors that you'll discover in the future.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

So I'm leaning towards the Dragon is going to end up being the Faey Medical Services who have been un-challenged thru out Faey history as untouchables during the Faey Civil Wars and could cross into all the Noble Houses areas?

As Revolutions are not only like the American and French Revolutions, but also include the Industrial and Scientific Revolutions.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

Yes I am also leaning towards Imperial Medical Service being the dragon that has been unchallenged since time immemorial and when Jason uncovers whats happening at Terra and starts investigating deeper that would lead him further down the rabbit hole and then he will start to fight that and maybe Dahnai would also join him when she learns what Jason has uncovered
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

The questions are what has changed the IMS from being the caring hands of healing, is there outside pressure on them, have they grown arrogant, or even another twist? All I really know is that Fel will surprise and amaze us again! :o

Also has the Earths Gamekeeper dropped the ball?

Let Thank Fel for all he does for us!!!!
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

GotToGo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:37 pmAlso has the Earths Gamekeeper dropped the ball?
Interesting thought....but is it the Gamekeeper's job to be checking up individuals such as former farm workers? On the other hand if the reaches into the Terran government... may be it is something she should have discovered!? We might be able to argue that it doesn't fall into her bally wick, but I don't think the Den Mother would agree.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Hey Wolfee, wondered when you would add your two cents in. Glad you did.

On Den Mother I fully agree, but she (Earth Gamekeeper) is a young pup and done a wonderful job; until now maybe. And the source is a out of left field (Baseball term for you non-Americans, means it is something rare).

Doesn't tell us why they keep assigning him to Faey Docs, even when Fel tells above that they have non-Faey available? You think like me that Fel going to surprise us all?
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

GotToGo wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:58 am Hey Wolfee, wondered when you would add your two cents in. Glad you did.

On Den Mother I fully agree, but she (Earth Gamekeeper) is a young pup and done a wonderful job; until now maybe. And the source is a out of left field (Baseball term for you non-Americans, means it is something rare).

Doesn't tell us why they keep assigning him to Faey Docs, even when Fel tells above that they have non-Faey available? You think like me that Fel going to surprise us all?
I'm hoping the trip to earth simply turns out to be a case of financial corruption somewhere in the chain of things. Having a large over arching financial conspiracy in the Faey medical service is one thing. But having them be an enemy to the point where they may be are or may be have experimented on individuals... that gets just a little to evil and convenient & easy for my tastes, given some of Jason's thoughts about how the Karinnes experimented on themselves or viewed other Faey just before they were eliminated. On the other hand it could be someone in Kim's government who is up to some financial shenanigans or may hap someone who was programmed by the Trillane's who wasn't detected before now... ya never know.

I am hopping this isn't the big "fight" or "enemy" Fel hinted at a while ago. I am hoping for some extra-galaxy Faey to show up. They rule at least one galaxy may be multiple galaxies and they have noticed someone moving around. Either that or a real old race (First Ones type status - see Babylon 5). Or mayhap something along the lines of my favorite quote from War of the Worlds Book 1, chapter 1 "Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us." I am definitely looking forward to it!
jeffreyC
Novice

Post by jeffreyC »

Fel wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 pm Jason left the welfare of the farm survivors to the U.N. when he left for Karis, and he's positive that instead of helping them, someone in the department that runs the program is stealing the money instead. He knows that he's partially to blame for what's happening.
That has been SOP at the UN for so long that anyone who does not automatically expect it should be considered too naive or too negligent to run a government.
If the English language had a flag it would have to be the Jolly Roger.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

jeffreyC wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 pm
Fel wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 pm Jason left the welfare of the farm survivors to the U.N. when he left for Karis, and he's positive that instead of helping them, someone in the department that runs the program is stealing the money instead. He knows that he's partially to blame for what's happening.
That has been SOP at the UN for so long that anyone who does not automatically expect it should be considered too naive or too negligent to run a government.
JeffreyC - Nice post chief. Agreed - that is where I hope Fel goes with this. That somewhere in the UN there is someone who has their fingers on the checkbook and the patient scheduling system and is using the access to pocket the money while making it look like things are being done.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Wolfee wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:23 pm
jeffreyC wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 pm
JeffreyC - Nice post chief. Agreed - that is where I hope Fel goes with this. That somewhere in the UN there is someone who has their fingers on the checkbook and the patient scheduling system and is using the access to pocket the money while making it look like things are being done.
Hey it's going to lead to where/who is getting the money in-the-end. My bet is still the Faey Medical Service, as their actions seem really sinister.