Revolution Ch 4 (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Re: Revolution Ch 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo »

Fel has made some comments that it also maybe a little closer to home, he does love to surprise us!
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

GotToGo wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:42 pm Revolution is an internal revolt or idea, so what's ya'lls ideas? Is it revolt with KES, Coalition past or present members, within the Benga, others? I could see a couple of previous members getting frustrated and banding together to attack them, but I suspect it going to be a surprise to most fo us.
Hadn't really considered "the idea" part of things with regards to Revolution, as most of us defaulted to the more militaristic usage.

In that respect, Citadel Online, the simsense MMORPG the Karinnes are working on might be such a catalyst in terms of causing a sudden change in thinking and/or practices. Maybe even more than most would expect if some of the stuff "crosses over" back into reality as has been speculated in the past.

But I have doubts about that option.

The Prakarikai are an option and would certainly fall within the "closer to home" criteria, but while that could be messy, I doubt it would qualify as a major event for the Karinnes are concerned.

The Coalition and the internal circumstances of their departure from the Confederation makes them a likely suspect for potentially creating an interstellar nightmare. Particularly if there are internal divisions in regards to how to use the tech they've developed in the interim. A substantial portion of them were likely more than fine with Jason's restrictions as they weren't particularly onerous. The ones who really wanted to develop it themselves so they didn't have to worry about said restrictions however.....

So I guess I've now talked myself into a potential Coalition Civil war type scenario where one side is seeking assistance in helping curtail the abuses of the other members.
Spoiler
Show
So, Holikk being Holikk, he did his best to establish as many ties with his former allies as possible from the outside, building a large network of trade deals and research agreements with members of the Confederation, the Karinnes and the Imperium being the most prominent among them. Those deals were exclusive to the Subrians, which ensured that they would remain the most powerful and advanced empire within the Coalition.
Also points to a potential flash point in the Coalition. If the Subrians take a page from the Karinnes and/or the Ruu after they have their own relevant technical breakthrough and refuse to simply share it with the rest of the Coalition, they might need some modicum of help in dealing with what gets knocked over.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

Also surprised nobody else picked up on this item so far:
“Quite interesting,” he said. “I had never conceived of a society where there are no family names.” He looked at Jason. “And I must ask. Do robots have official standing in your society?”
Jason had to chuckle. “This isn’t exactly a robot, Captain,” he replied. “It is, but there’s a living being operating it in a way that’s difficult to explain. I can see and hear through the machine, and can control its movements from where I am.”
“No doubt through the telepathic interface I’m sensing,” he said, looking carefully at the bionoid. “I can hear it, but I can’t understand what it says.”
“Precisely so, Captain,” Jason told him.
The Captain could hear the biogenic commune? Something tells me the Kimdori will be keeping an eye on these guys, and they're going to be heard about again later.
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

The Kimdori can live for hundreds or even thousands of years and are quite hard to kill. Remember Zaa was alive when the Karrines were destroyed even if she wasn't the Denmother at the time. That was 1300+ years ago. I get the feeling there are more Kimdori than you might think. If not for the breeding restrictions they would eventually flood he whole galaxy.
SoronelHaetir wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:26 pm Fel,

The not talking with folks part makes sense, it is the exploration when they aren't going to talk that confuses me. What exactly are they hoping (or fearing) to find?

The Kimdori on the other hand makes perfect sense, they might not be talking either but that doesn't mean they are going to ignore the civilizations they do find. Covert infiltration is a very different thing from deliberate avoidance. Assuming of course that there are even enough Kimdori available to do the job, given Kimdori breeding restrictions - needing clan leader approval to even seek a suitor - I get the sense that there aren't that many of them (or do the restrictions only apply to certain elite clans while most Kimdori just go about living).

Or maybe it's a matter of partnership, the KES finds civilizations and the Kimdori then go study them. Although I suspect any civilization that discovered hidden Kimdori would be less than thrilled after being told their territory would be avoided. Sounds like a way to turn paranoia up to 11.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Post by D.F. Thompson »

Hello World wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm My money is on the next major conflict event being one of the nations finding out another lower-tech space faring civilization and trying to annex them but that may be just me.
There is also the possibility of the KES discovering the mystery race that possibly seeded the galaxies.
GotToGo wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:42 pm Revolution is an internal revolt or idea, so what's ya'lls ideas? Is it revolt with KES, Coalition past or present members, within the Benga, others? I could see a couple of previous members getting frustrated and banding together to attack them, but I suspect it going to be a surprise to most fo us.

Just starting my count down to the next chapter. And most of all Thanks Fel!
Perhaps that implied mystery race could possibly not like the idea of what Jason and the Karinne’s are doing. Sorta seeing it as children playing with fire, and in a misguided attempt to correct their wayward children. Thus the revolution.
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =