Revolution Chapter 2 (Spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Revolution Chapter 2 (Spoilers)

Post by kyli »

I can definitely see Citadel Online being extremely popular, and making a ton of money. What would also be popular I think is if they took some popular shows, or even books and converted the invented worlds into immersive VR. Just real life examples would be Star Trek or Star Wars. People could visit those simulated worlds as if they were real and possibly become a Jedi. Imagine your favorite book series becoming a simulated reality. Visit the Wheel of Time world and help the fight against the Dark One, or The Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thones, or Sennadar worlds. Lots of work for each one of course but if its already popular, half the advertising work is done and there is already a solid fan base to work with.

As soon as I read the part about the Syndicate abandoning 3 million solders, I knew what I would do with them. Jason didn't disappoint and did almost exactly what I would have.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Re: Revolution Chapter 2 (Spoilers)

Post by betatester »

Honestly I am fed up of Jason getting beat up by his own bodyguards; once was alright as a joke but every time that Jason wants to do something or go somewhere unexpected or unplanned; that he has to beg permission from his own guards is ridiculous otherwise he gets a beatdown by his own guards. WTF!

He is ruler of house Karinne not fucking AYA.

Bodyguards do not harm their clients unless its an emergency or hostile situation. Bodyguards are supposed to guard him; just have him shadowed by a frigate at all times and have other bodyguards in mecha or armour all around him and let him do whatever the fuck he wants and just provide passive and active security. whenever he is in public on a Karinne planet just tighten that circle of bodyguards around him and when his in private at home or office expand that circle and provide passive security and active security around his residence or office.
She does not need to be up his ass all the time.

The secret service DOES NOT PUNCHES the PRESIDENT(even if he is a douchebag)

If Aya is so anal about his security she can just form a big concentric circle of security around him and guard him that way. they always know where he is located with his getalt. Even this chapter when he went to Tir Tairngire she can just come and guard around him instead of just disturbing him when she can see that he is asleep and resting.

Seriously this is getting into borderline domination fetish.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

betatester wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 pm Seriously this is getting into borderline domination fetish.
Now you're starting to understand Aya's personality a little bit. ;)

Don't assign human conventions to the Imperial Guard. Unlike the Secret Service, they ARE in charge. They are one of the most formidable powers within the Imperium, because they have direct access to and tremendous sway over the Empress. There are times in the Imperium's past when it was the commander of the Imperial Guard that was actually running the Imperium.

The Empress holds her throne by the grace of the Imperial Guard. If they don't think you're a worthy Empress, they will REMOVE you.

Aya is in an amusing position, dealing with someone she's assigned to protect that won't obey her when it suits him. No Imperial Guard has ever run into this before, and she's dealing with it the only way she knows how. The fact that Jason is a man, and Aya is sexist, makes it even more darkly amusing to me.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

Hey Fel I was wondering whats the total active fleet size of the KMS at the present time; as that the fleet that's going into flat space to confront 100,000 Consortium ships. and whats the total scope of the fleet building program that Jason is implementing?

What would be KMS's final fleet size and composition?
I know that you are diving the KMS into four fleets for each quadrant of the Milky way galaxy.
Also I think you should install CBMOM into each capital ship as then they would same in all aspects and can blend together in a fleet action instead of being singled out and identified and attacked

Also weren't the frigates too small to have any extra space; So how did the Karinne's fit the translight drive into it along with IP amour generator?
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

If the Syndicate is pulling out of Andromeda wouldn’t they essentially be giving their star systems to the confederation? The Confederation would then give over their holdings to the only corporation in Andromeda that assisted the Confederation. Thus Jason’s new corporation now has many star systems it can now sell to others and pay ALL of their expenses for anything they want to do. They may even make enough to put a director on the counsel.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

The Consortium is abandoning those systems and essentially conceding them to the Syndicate.

For the Milky Way Confederation to take over those star systems would require a massive effort in military and logistical sense; even if they just in turn hand them over to a single megacorp. And they won't commit to such an operation as that would put them directly in the cross hairs of Syndicate with its fleet of 3million ships coming for them.

Their is no megacorp that is assisting the Confederation; it's the Kimdori that are using their computer system via espionage and hacking.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

I sometimes mix up to two Andromeda groups.

That said, the group taking over the galaxy, hasn’t done so yet, and they just got into a major fight with the Confederation and lost. Since the Confederation is actively helping to evacuate the other group, they likely will not want to go all out war until they know what the outcome is going to be. In steps Jason minor corporation to lend logistics. Formed from the group that the Confederation had captured and was later abandoned. So when the Confederation pulls out after evacuating all they need to, they announce they are turning over control to the corporation. Little do the remaining inhabitants of Andromeda know that the Confederation is still in control because they own the corporation. The corporation announces all or most of the star systems are for sell. Even if they have to give hefty sums to the mega corporations it will prevent further losses and the corporation that belongs to the Confederation will become very wealthy. The Benga will respect the corporations logistic help for the abandoned property. This a new corporation could become a major player in the government, perhaps even becoming a mega Corp. Given no one knows how well armed the new Corporation is and how closely allied they are with the Confederation it would be better to simply buy the systems then continue to fight for them, at possibly have great loss.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I definitely wish I could play Citadel. Vanguard is just a jacked up (pun intended) team fortress but Citadel is something much more than anything currently existing.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

The Confederation doesn't and won't own the Consortium systems. If they tried that, they would be back to war with the Syndicate. The Syndicate have no reason to let the Confederation claim these essentially undefended systems and the Confederation couldn't defend them. And giving it all to a single corporation? No offence, but that has to be one of the craziest (and not in a good way) ideas I've heard in a while. Jason's minor shadow corporation would get torn apart.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Vanguard seems more a scaled up Battlefield/Battlefront game seeing as you can go from infantary to space feets IIRC. That said Citidal would be pretty amazing as well.

And yeah there's no way you could take even the vastly reduced territory of the Consotrium and give it to one Shadow Organsiation. The resoucess it would take would be truly insane (even setting up Jason's shadow corp is nothing in comparison).
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:46 pm
betatester wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 pm Seriously this is getting into borderline domination fetish.
Now you're starting to understand Aya's personality a little bit. ;)

Don't assign human conventions to the Imperial Guard. Unlike the Secret Service, they ARE in charge. They are one of the most formidable powers within the Imperium, because they have direct access to and tremendous sway over the Empress. There are times in the Imperium's past when it was the commander of the Imperial Guard that was actually running the Imperium.

The Empress holds her throne by the grace of the Imperial Guard. If they don't think you're a worthy Empress, they will REMOVE you.

Aya is in an amusing position, dealing with someone she's assigned to protect that won't obey her when it suits him. No Imperial Guard has ever run into this before, and she's dealing with it the only way she knows how. The fact that Jason is a man, and Aya is sexist, makes it even more darkly amusing to me.
So the Imperial guard is the Imperium's version of the Praetorian guard - if they are truly beyond reproach - unlike the Roman Praetorian guard it wouldn't be a bad thing.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I do have one I want to nit-pick Fel - please stop naming characters with names that start with C or M - variety is the spice of life! Especially characters that start with M... because when you then use a nickname for the character whose name starts with M - it can be a bit of a pain to figure out who your talking about.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

They would not have to hold the systems. Just sell them at a greatly reduced price. The threat that the Confederation posses would make even the largest of the mega corps think twice about open warfare. The Confederation has already proven they can traverse between galaxies and appear in any star system and deal a death blow to it, including the home worlds. Those 300 million ships would seem like ants to a tank that is the Confederation. Even if the shadow Corp only claimed one system for their efforts they could fully pay for the start up and operational cost for the shadow Corp. it’s just one way to get a lot of money quickly.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Its just asking the Syndicate to attack. One of the main reasons they currently have for not attacking is they have no easy access to the Confederation. The Syndicate would just move in and claim those planets while laughing at the Confederation. And the CEO board members have millions of planets to hide in so the Confederation couldn't find them easily (from their point of view, they would be impossible to find). The profit of the Consortium systems will ensure they claim it no matter what and they see no reason to pay for it and I'd agree with that assessment.
jeffreyC
Novice

Post by jeffreyC »

One thing that puzzles me;
In one of the earlier books Jason says about a couple of his daughters that aside from ear shapes, skin and hair colors they look exactly like baby pictures of his (Jason's) mother.
How is it that he could remember what baby pictures of his mother looked like, yet cannot remember what she looked like as an adult?
He saw her as an adult for far more time than he would have spent looking at baby pictures, and would have seen adult pictures of her up until he lost the albums that also had any baby pictures.