Retrubution Chapter 11 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Retrubution Chapter 11 [Spoilers]

Post by Wolfee »

dstar wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 pm.......... I think that, whether Jason realizes it or not, the scene at the end of the last chapter where Dahnai pulls him back from the brink represents a turning point for the Faey. (I'm certain that Dahnai doesn't realize it.)
[/list]
I dont agree on this part. Dahnai is sticking true to form. Oh I am not implying she is totally serious about not losing Jason, she is also looking out for number 1. Yes the Faey can recognize when someone is having a little "dark side" moment...but the change you are suggesting has not occurred with the Faey Nobility or even I believed the general population as yet. It will take generations to make this kind of step forward in the public mindset, let alone the noble houses.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Wolfee wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:21 am
dstar wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 pm.......... I think that, whether Jason realizes it or not, the scene at the end of the last chapter where Dahnai pulls him back from the brink represents a turning point for the Faey. (I'm certain that Dahnai doesn't realize it.)
[/list]
I dont agree on this part. Dahnai is sticking true to form. Oh I am not implying she is totally serious about not losing Jason, she is also looking out for number 1. Yes the Faey can recognize when someone is having a little "dark side" moment...but the change you are suggesting has not occurred with the Faey Nobility or even I believed the general population as yet. It will take generations to make this kind of step forward in the public mindset, let alone the noble houses.
Yes, it will take generations -- but it always has to start somewhere.
Kacoo
Initiate

Post by Kacoo »

dstar wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:39 pm
[/list]
It seems to me that no matter how gifted Jason is at making friends and influencing people, that changing Dahnai's core values over the space of a decade is a stretch(unless there is some generation dna having some effect :evil: ) While she as a person may love him and be on the brink of change. It seems to me that there is still the EMPRESS(note the capitals :D ) that she will never be able to overcome, butt it is how Fel wills it so for all that it counts she could be the last Faey to change their stripes to Jasons mindset.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Kacoo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:06 am
dstar wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:39 pm

It seems to me that no matter how gifted Jason is at making friends and influencing people, that changing Dahnai's core values over the space of a decade is a stretch(unless there is some generation dna having some effect :evil: ) While she as a person may love him and be on the brink of change. It seems to me that there is still the EMPRESS(note the capitals :D ) that she will never be able to overcome, butt it is how Fel wills it so for all that it counts she could be the last Faey to change their stripes to Jasons mindset.
Hmm. I think maybe I haven't actually conveyed what I mean here.

I don't mean Dahnai has changed in any particularly noticable way.

I mean that sometimes an avalanche starts because a pebble is dislodged, which knocks others loose, which knock others loose, and then there's a mountain coming down the mountainside. That's not what I'm saying this is.

Sometimes a pebble is dislodged, which puts it in a position to allow several others to be dislodged a couple of years later, and then a few years after that each of those dislodges a dozen each, and those dislodge a couple dozen each over the next decade, and after a few hundred years the entire mountainside is down in the valley.

If you ask anyone, at any point, how it happened, they couldn't tell you... but it all came down to that one pebble back at the beginning.

No one except the Parri might recognize it, although I don't know that Jason could be ruled out, but this might be the turning point even if no historian is ever able to realize it.

Or, of course, Fel could say I'm completely wrong here. How would I know? I'm not the author. :)

(To be fair, if I was, I hadn't thought of the idea, and it fit in with my plans for the rest of the series, I'd steal it so hard no one would ever remember anyone else ever thought of it, so this whole thread would vanish _and would never have existed_. But then my late wife taught me to be Evil, despite my tendencies towards paladinhood.)
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Fel,

Any chance of getting a progress report on Chapter 12?

Thanks in advance whatever the news is.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

GotToGo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:53 am Fel,

Any chance of getting a progress report on Chapter 12?

Thanks in advance whatever the news is.
Fel said its halfway done on another thread.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?