Retribution, chapter 4, possible ideas and theories (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Retribution, chapter 4, possible ideas and theories (spoilers)

Post by SYED »

On the update thread, it was mentions the esteemed author has began work on the next installment. I thought we might as we start posting until it is ready.

We guess we will see the big con. Jason tricking the benga into abandoning the dreamers, due to rigged precognition. To their knowledge a terrible disaster is going to strik, wiping out the system. Jason has set it up so they will detect the oncoming cataclysm with only hours to spare I think. The forces in system will generally leave, except for a small naval force that would use orbital bodies to shelter their ships.

The thing is Jason has timed this operation carefully. He knows when the threat will hit the system, so able to calculate the safest location in system, the benga could take shelter. Not only can he use that to aid his attacks on them, due to the very large scale ship construction practices. They would either limit the force to the smaller ships, or place the big ships further enough to away so not to upset the planetary orbits of any body in the system. I could see this allowing Jason to jump in with him in between the syndicate sacrificial ships and the dreamers. Further ensuring he can protect the dreamers from their former masters.

While the benga might be aware of the confederation naval ability, they might not believe the sheer scale of it. And why would they share such information widely amongst their dedicate home ships. The tactics and technology of the fleet might be just as suprising to this force, as it was to the invading fleet sent by andromeda earlier.

I wonder if the benga would react quick enough request reinforcements. I could see Jason setting up his indicators just as quick, local space would be quickly defended. But in the time it takes for the field to expand, I could see enemy ships getting trapped far from the fight and support. Easy pickings for the fleet later on.
.S.A.M.K.M
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Retribution, chapter 4, possible ideas and theories (spoilers)

Post by Wolfee »

Looking forward to chapter 4!