The value of generations

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

The value of generations

Post by SYED »

It has been said generations have two key factors desired by the different nations. The strength of their powers can be artificially augmented and they can create a mind to machine linking ability. With the introduction and wide scale use of the jack technology, does offer generation some protection.

The thing is they have another valuable aspect, every generation is both a telepath and telekinetic, and it breeds true. The faey are the sole fully telepathic race, usually mental abilities is a minority of a race. I wonder if other mental abilities if introduced would then breed true. In the dreamers race, not all are oracles so they are in a minority. Imagine if Aria has kids with a generation, introducing viable precognition into the house permanently. Sure the power of these abilities will vary, but they will be there.

I wonder if there are other subtypes of mental gifts similar to listeners. Imagine a whole house with the gift, that would be a valuable advantage against other telepaths.
.S.A.M.K.M
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Re: The value of generations

Post by SoronelHaetir »

There is no reason to believe that the precognitive power would breed true, we have been told that the telekinesis does because that was specifically engineered into the Generations line.
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: The value of generations

Post by SYED »

I am betting that the dreamers were similarly engineered to produce stable oracles. The generations had to be made to all be telekinetic. I am betting the faey were altered to be all telepathic. For all other races, the telepathic gifts were only active in a minority of the population. Yet in a race we know to be interfered by a more advanced race, they are fully telepathic. The generation DNA is said to be more malleable/adaptable, so if combined with the dreamers DNA, it might enhance the gifts present.

The thing is why did the Karrines not work to enhance and augement empathy. Precognition led to madness, but empathy is a valuable gift. So why did they not add that to the gene nome .
.S.A.M.K.M