....Oh.

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
dstar
Sorcerer

....Oh.

Post by dstar »

So I'm re-reading Conviction, and just got to chapter 10, and realized something.

Miyai infected her family with a retrovirus that turned them into Generations.

Earlier in the series, Cybi worked with the Kimdori to have Jason altered by a retrovirus to ensure she could never hurt him again.

Coincidence? I think not.
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: ....Oh.

Post by SYED »

Depending on when the child was conceived, Jason could have passed it on. Or the kimdori in analysis of his children, decided to be safe so had them treated to ensure no possible future complications. This interference could lead to Jason and his kids being ground zero for gene issues.
.S.A.M.K.M
baldy
Novice

Post by baldy »

If I remember correctly both Jason and Rahne had issues due their half human biology. Cybi had Jason’s genes fixed first so that he would not be hurt if he needed to defend the planet, then Rahne was to be done. Don’t remember reading that Rahne was fixed. Jason’s children with Faey did not have Jason’s problem when Cybi scanned them.
Granted both the consortium and the syndicated have done horrible things in Jason’s galaxy, the consortium was by far worse with the planet killer. Based on Fel’s comments, I believe something monumental is going to happen which causes Jason to want Retribution. Time will tell.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

dstar wrote:So I'm re-reading Conviction, and just got to chapter 10, and realized something.

Miyai infected her family with a retrovirus that turned them into Generations.

Earlier in the series, Cybi worked with the Kimdori to have Jason altered by a retrovirus to ensure she could never hurt him again.

Coincidence? I think not.
Miyai was conceived before Jason was altered. So, yes, its a coincidence.
baldy wrote: Based on Fel’s comments, I believe something monumental is going to happen which causes Jason to want Retribution. Time will tell.
Possibly, but i think the title refers to Jason's retribution on the syndicate for there treatment of Aria and the dreamer race. Knowing Fel though, it might be something else.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

We know there are dead zones and places they literally can not reach in andromeda. So build jamming stations to cripple their long range and mid communications, so their ability to react and act are serverly restrained. The monetary costs alone are staggering. Leaving them vulnerable to future strikes.
.S.A.M.K.M