Conviction chapter 13

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Re: Conviction chapter 13

Post by GotToGo »

Not so, not an Exile but something different (survivors of the attack, scientists fleeing the destruction, a natural Karinne, etc.). We have yet to find out who put that huge hole in the Benga's ship the Kimdori found in Andromeda. I feel there is a link there.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

It is implied I think that some ancient alien race of Giants took the ancestors of the faey and placed them on draconis. So it is assumed that the dreamers were another offshoot of humanity transplanted, or more likely a branch augemented for their precognition gifts.

In the books, the faey are said to have four mental abilities that are telepathy, telekinesis, empathy and precognition. The faey are all telepathic which is unique amongst the races, and here we have a race that all precogs. The only thing similar is how all generations are telekinetic, which is due to them being altered. So we guess that it is possible the dreamers and faey were altered to ensured the wide spread of their gifts.

I wonder if out there somewhere there are more offshoots of humanity, altered to have one of the desired abilities. So there might be a branch of full empathy capable psyionic race. We already have the generations, but those giant might have wanted a race of telekinetic abilities. We know there are other abilities, based on a form of clairvoyance that other races posses. The faey are in posses of the most abilities I believe, so is it possible for other abilities to be implanted in their bloodlines.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

GotToGo wrote:Not so, not an Exile but something different (survivors of the attack, scientists fleeing the destruction, a natural Karinne, etc.). We have yet to find out who put that huge hole in the Benga's ship the Kimdori found in Andromeda. I feel there is a link there.
I actually agree that there might be a connection to the supership with that huge hole and whoever put the Dreamers in Andromeda. But that has nothing to do with the Karinnes. According to a comment Fel made once, the Faey are a sub-species of humans that originally came from Earth that went nearly extinct some 40,000 years ago, but they were taken off Earth by a mysterious race, that i suspect was passing through/exploring our galaxy, and placed on Draconis where they thrived. Now, apparently, they also took some of the "faey" to Andromeda where they placed them on another planet and they became the Dreamers. That means that the Dreamers relation to the Faey goes back to before they were taken from earth, not from after they were transplanted on Draconis as you seem to think.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

What I find strange is, they find the super ship with that massive hole and a few months later they are putting those kinds of holes in super ships. The first super ships where destroyed a long time ago. It's hard to fathom two species on the same technological path. Could there be a strange version of time travel involved?
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

lapland wrote:What I find strange is, they find the super ship with that massive hole and a few months later they are putting those kinds of holes in super ships. The first super ships where destroyed a long time ago. It's hard to fathom two species on the same technological path. Could there be a strange version of time travel involved?
More like a desire to destroy those things and it happens to create holes in it. Well... Jasons way to destroy them doesn't seem to result in holes but in small pieces, so it isn't really the same result.

And by all that is holy, do not bring up time travel. That takes the fun out of it, creates lots of strange and unreasonable rules you have to follow or destroy the precious timeline. While a dip into the past always looks sciency and fascinating, i disliked those star trek episodes very much and was happy that star gate only ever touched on it once or twice. Well, there was that stupid movie, but movies don't count. ;)

Seriously, we have a huge universe to play with, we don't need to travel back in time and play with ourselves. Grmpf!
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

MartinK wrote:
lapland wrote:What I find strange is, they find the super ship with that massive hole and a few months later they are putting those kinds of holes in super ships. The first super ships where destroyed a long time ago. It's hard to fathom two species on the same technological path. Could there be a strange version of time travel involved?
More like a desire to destroy those things and it happens to create holes in it. Well... Jasons way to destroy them doesn't seem to result in holes but in small pieces, so it isn't really the same result.

And by all that is holy, do not bring up time travel. That takes the fun out of it, creates lots of strange and unreasonable rules you have to follow or destroy the precious timeline. While a dip into the past always looks sciency and fascinating, i disliked those star trek episodes very much and was happy that star gate only ever touched on it once or twice. Well, there was that stupid movie, but movies don't count. ;)

Seriously, we have a huge universe to play with, we don't need to travel back in time and play with ourselves. Grmpf!

Well stated!!!!
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I doubt the Karinnes even have anything that can make that hole. Its 50 miles in diameter and goes all the way through a moon sized ship. Not only that, but the edges are not jagged, but smooth, and since the ship is salvageable, then that means shock damage to the rest of the ship is minimal. I can't imagine what could do that. Its like a rail gun round going through cheese. That is why I think that this is someone who is very advanced; more so maybe then the karinnes, and the only ones we know about that might fit this is this 40,000+ year old civilization. But its only been 1000 years since the ship has been destroyed so that would suggest they are still around. But i would bet that they are from nowhere near the milky way or Andromeda. I would bet they would have translight drives if i where a gambling man.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

kyli wrote:
I doubt the Karinnes even have anything that can make that hole. Its 50 miles in diameter and goes all the way through a moon sized ship. Not only that, but the edges are not jagged, but smooth, and since the ship is salvageable, then that means shock damage to the rest of the ship is minimal. I can't imagine what could do that. Its like a rail gun round going through cheese. That is why I think that this is someone who is very advanced; more so maybe then the karinnes, and the only ones we know about that might fit this is this 40,000+ year old civilization. But its only been 1000 years since the ship has been destroyed so that would suggest they are still around. But i would bet that they are from nowhere near the milky way or Andromeda. I would bet they would have translight drives if i where a gambling man.
It could also just be a malfunction on the side of the planetoidal ship itself. It's supposed to be quite old and would therefore been quite a bit less advanced technological as they are build currently. So, either something malfunctioned and blew itself apart in that ship, someone performed sabotage and again, an explosion came from inside the ship or some enemy happened to have a weapon that was good enough to create that damage on a suitable less advanced ship than we have today.

Still, Jason can blew those things up with a small module he sends over in a shuttle and protects basically with infantry. It is all about the story and what makes it interesting. Those Death Stars had shafts going from the most vulnerable centermost part right back to the outer surface, just waiting for a star fighter to send some missiles through. And what's most shocking, both of them had that shaft! As if the destruction of the first one wouldn't have highlighted what vulnerabilities to avoid. Uh, wait, or was it just two Death Stars?
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

On Aria, “She’ll be starting puberty soon,” Jyslin noted. “And if she’s truly Faey, that means she should express any time now.” We will know more when and if she expresses - if she can hear and use communion, which I believe she will. Tefler set the precedence with the Pai being able to hear it, but not use it.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

MartinK wrote: It could also just be a malfunction on the side of the planetoidal ship itself. It's supposed to be quite old and would therefore been quite a bit less advanced technological as they are build currently. So, either something malfunctioned and blew itself apart in that ship, someone performed sabotage and again, an explosion came from inside the ship or some enemy happened to have a weapon that was good enough to create that damage on a suitable less advanced ship than we have today.

Still, Jason can blew those things up with a small module he sends over in a shuttle and protects basically with infantry. It is all about the story and what makes it interesting. Those Death Stars had shafts going from the most vulnerable centermost part right back to the outer surface, just waiting for a star fighter to send some missiles through. And what's most shocking, both of them had that shaft! As if the destruction of the first one wouldn't have highlighted what vulnerabilities to avoid. Uh, wait, or was it just two Death Stars?
No way does such damage come from something internal. It would be practically impossible. Also, that shaft isnt really that big of a weakness. Yes, the karinnes did use it to capture one ship, but neither the Megatron units or whatever made that hole through that supership in Andromeda exploit that shaft. I'm not sure if u were implying that or not.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

We know there are dead zones and wastelands in the andromeda territories. A super advanced race could be easily hidden there. The thing is the benga captain claimed that they never encountered weapons that took out their ships so easily. So that means they were either kept secret or no benga survived to share the warning.
.S.A.M.K.M
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Another possibility is it was the Dreamers that had the weapon, but being a small and one world race that they were simply overwhelmed by the size of the Benga's massive fleets.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

GotToGo wrote:Another possibility is it was the Dreamers that had the weapon, but being a small and one world race that they were simply overwhelmed by the size of the Benga's massive fleets.
If that were the case, then the Syndicate would have that weapon after they beat the Dreamers. I think that either the Syndicate doesn't know about whatever destroyed that ship or it is classified "most secret."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Do we know if the dreamers are also telekinetic, and if so how wide spread? If they made the race all precogs and all telepathic, why not other abilities? Multiple abilities would explain how they were so capable of escaping when they come into their power.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

SYED wrote:Do we know if the dreamers are also telekinetic, and if so how wide spread? If they made the race all precogs and all telepathic, why not other abilities? Multiple abilities would explain how they were so capable of escaping when they come into their power.
I am still not convinced that the Feay or the Dreamers were intentionally given their abilities. Its a possibility, i admit, and i do think their abilities stem from that, but was it intentional or accidental or maybe just a side-effect. It does explain though, why every human with a faey ancestor is telepathic, but in other races, have a telepathic father or mother isn't a guarantee that you will also be telepathic. I've always wondered why that was and i guess this could be an explanation.