Conviction chapter 13

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Steve.K.Bates
Novice

Conviction chapter 13

Post by Steve.K.Bates »

Seems I was correct in guessing the precog is Faey...
Steve.K.Bates wrote:Getting back to the precogs, the consortium discovered the Exiles and commandeered their equipment and some of their
people. So what happens to the people after a thousand odd years?? Well, can any of the races in the Consortium breed
with the Faye? If not, what happens to the gene pool? Do you hear banjos? Mutations are going to occur, and one very
possible mutation would be a precog...
It wouldn't be impossible for the Benga to capture one or two and build the Oracle system around them. Apparently they've
had the system for some time, as the battles they had to win were successful...

Just as an asides, how did the Benga get so competent at talent combat??
Hello World
Initiate

Re: Conviction chapter 13

Post by Hello World »

Well, that was definitely an amazing rush. I was actually tensing up a bit and shaking from the adrenaline when reading the operation (having similar symptoms to taking drugs when reading this is probably not a good thing...). And wow, Faey are one heck of a super-race aren't they? I mean, some form of genetic adaptability, 100% telepathy, a Generations branch race, and now the Oracles? That's ridiculously impressive. Makes you wonder how they were almost driven to extinction by the plain old Homo Sapiens. Or maybe they were genetically enhanced by the super-race that moved them?

Anyways, I wonder what would happen if the Generations crossbred with the Oracles. You would get a super telepathic, telekinetic, biogenic-capable being with faint precognition powers (assuming that the precog is not affected by biogenics or Generation-genes).

Steve.K.Bates wrote:Seems I was correct in guessing the precog is Faey...
Well, I think you're allowed a well-deserved "I told you so". To be honest, although I read your comment back then, I thought it was highly unlikely. Make you wonder though, if the Consortium were the ones who kidnapped the Faey, how would the Syndicate have gotten their hands on them? And to do it to such a degree that the Consortium had no idea of the Oracle system? Especially since they were at a state of war (I think) during that time.
Last edited by Hello World on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

edit: sorry while i was typing this, another spoiler page was created. But i deleted my original comment and moved it here. I didnt read the comments above first tho. So this is my original comment below.....

Just WOW!! I'm speechless! Now i'll precede to tell you why i'm speechless. :lol: :wink:

Cybi controlling all those bionoids breaks Jason's rule that one bionoid per CBIM. But if he wants to take it a step further and create millions of bionoid workers to construct ships or 3D toys or anything really and have a CBIM control them. They could build things super fast through both sheer numbers and everything they need to know to do their job perfectly. Not to replace the work corce though but instead to complement it.

The Oricale being a faey immediately made me consider two possibilities. First one is the obvious conclusion that Jason arrived at, that they are descended from the Exiled the consortium took. That very well could be the case, but it has two flaws. Flaw number one is how long the syndicate have had precogs. I can't know for sure but i got the impression that they have been slowly beating the consortium from an eerily number of major battles won, for hunderds, if not thousands of years. Second flaw is time it would take for precognation to develop and/or evolve. It can't just pop up in an entire race just like that.

So that brings me to the second possibly, and that is that the Dreamers were transplanted off earth along with the faey, and taken to Andromeda by this mysterious race that passed through the galaxy some 40k years ago. Now, it might be slightly far-fetched but its a possibly. We will have to see in the next chapter if her DNA matches with a family from Exile and if not, what conclusions the doctors reach. Or Fel could juat break the bubble and tell us. :wink:

And i got the POV i wanted. Not sure if fel had it planned or he decided to humor my request from last chapter spoilers discussions. Thanks for that anyway.

At least one more chapter to go or maybe two short ones!! I guess since the end is so close, the syndicate will surrender for sure tho maybe not right away. Thats a lot of superships the Confederation will have to play with.

And for those of u who havent heard, the title of book 8 of the Subjugation Universe is "Retribution". 8)
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

Where did you hear that the next book would be titled "Retribution" ?
If the next book is Retribution; I think that means revenge on Consortium for their invasion of milky way.

I still think the Oracles are descendants of Faey taken from exile. and Consortium and Syndicate have been fighting for a long time that planets exchanging hands is possible.

That Benga bitch Sha Ra is just playing with fire; Jason should just nova Oasis star and take out that whole fleet with it.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kyli wrote:So that brings me to the second possibly, and that is that the Dreamers were transplanted off earth along with the faey, and taken to Andromeda by this mysterious race that passed through the galaxy some 40k years ago. Now, it might be slightly far-fetched but its a possibly. We will have to see in the next chapter if her DNA matches with a family from Exile and if not, what conclusions the doctors reach. Or Fel could juat break the bubble and tell us. :wink:
This is correct, so you get a cookie. The Dreamers are NOT Exiles. And Jason pursues that mystery all through the remainder of this entire story.

It is IMPORTANT.
betatester wrote:Where did you hear that the next book would be titled "Retribution" ?
I told him on Twitter.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

If Jason finds out that Faey and dreamers are human transplants he is definitely going to take it personally that anyone is abusing his people. Does that also mean Jason can take over the Imperial throne since humans came first and Earth is the true home of the Empire.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Fel wrote: This is correct, so you get a cookie. The Dreamers are NOT Exiles. And Jason pursues that mystery all through the remainder of this entire story.

It is IMPORTANT.
Munch, munch, really delicious cookie Fel. Now i'll take a guess about when he discovers this revelation. Say, somewhere is book 10. :wink:
betatester wrote: If the next book is Retribution; I think that means revenge on Consortium for their invasion of milky way.

That Benga bitch Sha Ra is just playing with fire; Jason should just nova Oasis star and take out that whole fleet with it.
I think u meant revenge on the syndicate. I tend to agree with that, but the consortium fleet is also still on its way. But since they use primarily torsion weaponry, i wouldnt say they are a very big threat. Still 100, 000 ships is a lot...

The problen with destroying the fleet at Oasis with a nova is that, number one, it destroys all those ships that the Confederation could use if they surrender. And number two, it would destroy the system, which Jason is looking forward to colonizing. But i'm not sure if Sha Ra will surrender or if i even want her to surrender. Part of me hopes that the fleet mutinies when/if Sha Ra refuses to surrender and then they surrender and hand Sha Ra over to the Confederation gift wrapped.
lapland wrote:If Jason finds out that Faey and dreamers are human transplants he is definitely going to take it personally that anyone is abusing his people. Does that also mean Jason can take over the Imperial throne since humans came first and Earth is the true home of the Empire.
Jason wouldn't want the Imperial throne and he would definitely not claim it. I think the Faey will have quite the shock when they discover they were transplanted. But i doubt they will solve the mystery right away. All they will know right now is that the dreamers aren't descended from the Exiled and they might get intel from Andromeda that they have been in Andromeda for a long time. I'm sure Jason will be very confused.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I am surprised that the systems around the oracle child weren't fail-deadly. Cutting power and control should be enough to tell the kill devices to activate.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Hmmm, the beacon - could it not be made by nanites? - or a nanite beacon?

...and I wonder why that beacon was not visible on the camera to sha ra when Jason was doing the demonstration?
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

SoronelHaetir wrote:I am surprised that the systems around the oracle child weren't fail-deadly. Cutting power and control should be enough to tell the kill devices to activate.
Well it's easy to overlook such a thing when from the Benga point of view. In order to capture the Oracle, first you have to reach, land and breach one ship in a fleet of thousands. Second, you have to fight through to the correct section of a small planet sized ship which probably has your elite troops and strongest psionics. Thirdly, disable a dozen failsafe execution units when you get there. Fourthly, do all that before before one of guards activates one of the dozen normal execution units, or simply shoots the oracle. And finally, hope that the Benga have not been forewarned by the Oracle's subconscious dream predictions in the first place.

I think that it's safe to say that no one in the Syndicate could reasonably predict that one of the small disjointed empires in the Milky Way would have the ability to bypass all their security, gather complete schematics and launch a precision incursion into a secure room from a weeks worth of hyperspace travel away.

:evil: I am both frustrated and admiring of Fel for still teasing us about how we haven't seen how powerful the Generations and CBIMs really are yet. We now have a few more races that show other possible psionic abilities and efficiencies that perhaps the Generations can duplicate. Gora's Law has been proven both accurate generally and specifically false in number of very important ways. The KMS is stretching its technological lead over the rest of the galaxy (in particular Project F and G also with the bionoids and nexus wormhole) which could scare the rest of the CCM. The CCM have no idea that the Karinnes and Kimdori have a number of operations ongoing in Andromeda. We still know next to nothing about the shaman abilities.

:twisted: :twisted: Two particular threads have been dangled in the last few chapters. One is that with strong spacial distortion, mild predictive abilities and a Muri finder ability a Generation could theoretically blind teleport oneself or create a wormhole for others to use. Perhaps even jump a ship like the Tianne when merged. Two, the throwaway lines about possibly not needing an original body due to bionoids and the hints of shaman abilities suggest a number of possibilities such as (a) preserving consciousness artificially, (b) true transference into a bionoid along with psionic abilities, (c) astral projection over to other galaxies.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

mjkj wrote:Hmmm, the beacon - could it not be made by nanites? - or a nanite beacon?

...and I wonder why that beacon was not visible on the camera to sha ra when Jason was doing the demonstration?
I accidentally edited out the sentence explaining that. The beacon used its engines to enter the wormhole from the other side just as it collapsed, which caused it to be destroyed in transit and arrive on Nexus One in flaming pieces, on the reverse side of the wormhole.

They're two-way in both ways. They can be used from either side, and ENTERED from either side of the wormhole itself. Enter from the "front," you exit from the "front" on the other side. Enter from the "back," you exit from the "back."

This is something that standard Stargates can also do, but they only permit travel through one side of the Stargate for traffic control purposes. They don't want ships moving towards each other, it creates too much of a risk of ship collisions.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

expedient wrote::twisted: :twisted: Two particular threads have been dangled in the last few chapters. One is that with strong spacial distortion, mild predictive abilities and a Muri finder ability a Generation could theoretically blind teleport oneself or create a wormhole for others to use. Perhaps even jump a ship like the Tianne when merged. Two, the throwaway lines about possibly not needing an original body due to bionoids and the hints of shaman abilities suggest a number of possibilities such as (a) preserving consciousness artificially, (b) true transference into a bionoid along with psionic abilities, (c) astral projection over to other galaxies.
Oh come now, you've read my work long enough to know that even the most innocuous little blurb might come back to reveal its true meaning three books down the line...if I'm not laying down red herrings to keep you guessing, anyway. ;)

But I will give you one little tidbit, to let you chew on it for a while.

The Parri had those oye trees planted at Jason's house and in front of the CBIM facilities for a REASON.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Fel wrote:The Parri had those oye trees planted at Jason's house and in front of the CBIM facilities for a REASON.
You mean other than to provide a nice snack in a shady place? :roll:

What kind of hint is that? The red herring here is the singular "reason". I think it's clear they have a number of "reasons".
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Fel wrote:
mjkj wrote:Hmmm, the beacon - could it not be made by nanites? - or a nanite beacon?

I accidentally edited out the sentence explaining that. The beacon used its engines to enter the wormhole from the other side just as it collapsed, which caused it to be destroyed in transit and arrive on Nexus One in flaming pieces, on the reverse side of the wormhole.

They're two-way in both ways. They can be used from either side, and ENTERED from either side of the wormhole itself. Enter from the "front," you exit from the "front" on the other side. Enter from the "back," you exit from the "back."

This is something that standard Stargates can also do, but they only permit travel through one side of the Stargate for traffic control purposes. They don't want ships moving towards each other, it creates too much of a risk of ship collisions.
Thank you for the clarification, Fel :)
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

One thing I've suspected about the oye trees from the beginning is that they are doing something very similar to the Kimdori and the CBIMs by preserving useful knowledge and insights from those under their protection.