Conviction chapter 13

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Re: Conviction chapter 13

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I have an idea for how to do the super-ship damage, have a worm hoe, star gate, whatever, only it doesn't need a frame the way Faey equipment does. The weapon form creates a gate that is larger than whatever creates it, then just send the thing straight through the super-ship. Nice neat edges, no damage to the areas that don't get transported, possibility of survivors in areas away from the hole.
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

The massive hole through the super ship reminds me a lot of the damage done by Point Singularity Projectors used by the Magog World Ship from the TV show Andromeda(nudge nudge wink wink). The only thing with that though is those are basically artificial mini black holes IIRC. In the show they seem to make nice round holes with basically clean cuts on the edge, but in reality I doubt an artificial mini black hole would actually leave such a clean cut, sci-fi TV show not withstanding. Still, maybe that's where Fel got the idea from? Who knows...
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I wonder if it is possible to fake a space quake. Something like that might be enough to force the benga to abandon the dreamers. We know they are limited to a small stable wormhole, but could they use a similar system to forcibly warp space.
.S.A.M.K.M
Steve.K.Bates
Novice

Post by Steve.K.Bates »

Steve.K.Bates wrote:Seems I was correct in guessing the precog is Faey...
Well, I think you're allowed a well-deserved "I told you so". To be honest, although I read your comment back then, I thought it was highly unlikely. [/quote]

I was right, and I was wrong, I'm man, and old enough, to admit I didn't think it through. We are reading Fels tale...
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

One thing I really don't get in this chapter is how there isn't a doctor waiting for the rescue party to get back.

Okay, they didn't know how horrific Aria's condition would be but there was still the possibility of injury to deal with.

Especially as they had a doc on the station earlier to check whether going through the gate did any damage, it simply makes no sense to me that Jason wouldn't have said "Hey, mind if you stick around a few hours until we're done here?"
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Because even a genius can sometimes not be very smart.

And, to be fair to Jason, he pushed them so fast, he didn't really even think of anything outside of getting there as fast as possible. He didn't even have a backup team in reserve to come in and assist if they got pinned down, which would have been smart strategy.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.