Conviction Chapter 11 {Spoilers}

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Conviction Chapter 11 {Spoilers}

Post by kyli »

SYED wrote:Can telekinesis be used in bionoids, if they go for a full merge? I wonder if the computer aspects of the merge technology can be applied to the kinetic ability. So easier to manipulate compounds and atoms, and other micro and macro forms.
C'mon, you should know the answer to that. No, telekinesis cannot be used through a bionoid merge, and neither can telepathy. Commune can only be used because it uses the biogenic crystals ability to communicate. It in no way matters if a person has telepathic or telekinetic abilities during a merge. They would still be able to commune either way, so long as the bionoid is biogenic. If the bionoid isn't biogenic, then they couldn't commune, tho they could still use gravband to communicate.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

We know Cybi has her own form of telekinesis, imagine what could be done with a generation in communion. If they can divert ship fire, what could they do on such a small scale. I am thinking some kind of micro assembler and fabricator. Sure they won't be able to use it on a huge industrial scale, but it could be used on a small scale.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I didn't think of a use for the quantum entangled computer until just now but the Imperium and the karinnes could both use them the link stargates over extreme distances quickly. The karinnes already use biogenics to communicate in real time but that has a limited range. Well that range might be able to reach a couple galaxies over but its still limited. I always just figured they would set up boigenic relay sites in other galaxies but they really don't need to if they start using entangled computers on star gates and scout ships. In any case, it will probably be awhile before the karinnes out-grow the range of the biogenic relay they finished building in Inception.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Fel wrote:An individual atom breaking into two others does release energy. Quite a bit of energy, actually.
As long as it's above iron in the periodic table; below that, and the energy it takes to rip the nucleus apart is actually less than the energy released when you do.

Similarly, it takes more energy to get something above iron to fuse than you get out of it, which makes sense if you think about it... otherwise, you could split and fuse the same set of atoms continuously, getting energy from nothing. :)
Think about that. A 200 pound lump of uranium can destroy a city.
And it wasn't even a full 200 pounds; according to wikipedia, it was 141 pounds. Which is impressive.

What's _more_ impressive is that only less than 2% of that, somewhere around two pounds, actually took part in the chain reaction -- so the other 139 pounds of incredibly expensive (at the time) uranium was just _wasted_.

And more impressive than that, believe it or not, is that only approximately 7/10 of a gram of uranium was converted into energy.

_That's_ how powerful E=mc^2 is.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

So, are they also affected by the Moridon virus?
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

mjkj wrote:So, are they also affected by the Moridon virus?
Yes, they would be, but I should hope Songa had the foresight to give them the antidote. Once they are immune once, they are always immune, as the antidote remains in their bodies. I'm sure all the generations received the antidote when they joined the house as well as all the kids, assuming at least, that the antidote isn't also contagious. If so, it would not have been necessary to give the antidote to either the kids or the Imperial family.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The benga made quantum computers viable system, and their tech level is known to be less than confederation standard. So I wonder just how far karrine science can improve it.
I want to know what would happen if biogenic crystals were combined in the system. It could offer the possibility to network such computers.
.S.A.M.K.M
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

kyli wrote:
mjkj wrote:So, are they also affected by the Moridon virus?
Yes, they would be, but I should hope Songa had the foresight to give them the antidote. Once they are immune once, they are always immune, as the antidote remains in their bodies. I'm sure all the generations received the antidote when they joined the house as well as all the kids, assuming at least, that the antidote isn't also contagious. If so, it would not have been necessary to give the antidote to either the kids or the Imperial family.
I hope they did...