FTL systems

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

FTL systems

Post by SYED »

There are three I know of, and they are worth a lot in battle.

There is an unseen version, just mentioned. It affects the mass of a ship, and based in a catapult. A very unique aspect of this, the field placed on object gives it a measure of protection from threats. While it does not protect from all weapons, it does limit the ones that are viable. If it can be made into a ship based version, it would allow another defensive version. With the diffuser, does the syndicate have weapons capable of piercing the defences? I wonder if it can be added to the existing hybrid engine the Karrines now have. I always thought even if it can be made into an engine, the catapult could be an epic weapon launcher for missiles and torpedoes against the enemy.

The trans light engine while allowing for an intergalactic engine, does offer the quickest way to by pass indication? To counter this, they Will attempt to find a way to interfere with this system. The thing is this system offer them a uniqu battle advantage, a way to reposition in system for their differing battles. The stealth ships of the Karrines, are already pretty fast, this system gives them a huge speed.

Hyper space can be fitted on missiles, with both minimum and minimum ranges. The epic ships would be great targets. How many ships are built to properly deal with such an attack.
.S.A.M.K.M