Telepathic strength in relation to size

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Telepathic strength in relation to size

Post by Greymist »

So Fel, is there any general relationship between size and telepathic strength? I know amongst humans and the faey that strength varies a lot, but on average, do people with larger brains, or the part that deals with telepathy, have a stronger talent?

I'm wondering if the Faey are going to get a surprise by the Benga mindstrikers?

A further question, can multiple telepaths combine their effort at all, for example to take down a super strong Benga telepath?
expedient
Mi'Shara

Re: Telepathic strength in relation to size

Post by expedient »

Now I've got Yoda shouting his opinion in my head... :mrgreen:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

If syndicate telepaths are so strong, then the karinnes will just bring Coma into the battle linked with a Generation.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Greymist wrote:So Fel, is there any general relationship between size and telepathic strength? I know amongst humans and the faey that strength varies a lot, but on average, do people with larger brains, or the part that deals with telepathy, have a stronger talent?

I'm wondering if the Faey are going to get a surprise by the Benga mindstrikers?

A further question, can multiple telepaths combine their effort at all, for example to take down a super strong Benga telepath?
Size has nothing to do with telepathic power, but the Benga WILL surprise the Faey.

And no, multiple telepaths can't combine their strength to create a more powerful attack, but multiple telepaths can each attack individually, which puts the defender in a position where they have to defend on multiple fronts, and that wears down a defender's defenses much faster. So multiple telepaths attacking a single target have an advantage.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Fel wrote:
Greymist wrote:So Fel, is there any general relationship between size and telepathic strength? I know amongst humans and the faey that strength varies a lot, but on average, do people with larger brains, or the part that deals with telepathy, have a stronger talent?

Size has nothing to do with telepathic power, but the Benga WILL surprise the Faey.
I figured out that much as soon as that Benga picked up commune. Commune is after all just an more advance/evolved form of telepathy. The only other telepath I know of aside from a Generation that could sense commune immediately and without having to teach themselves how to pick it up was Yana and she is perhaps one of the most powerful Feay telepaths, period, that is not a Generation. But no matter how surprised the Faey are, I think no one will be more surprised then the Benga when Coma and her sister CBMOM, which should be finished very soon and will be installed on the Aegis, enter the field and kick some Benga telepathic butt. It seems to me that people forget they can do that because the Consortium bugs are immune to telepathy and the Karinnes were forced to only use the telekinetic part of those abilities. Jason and Cybi very nearly single handedly disabled the Urumi invasion of Karis in book two and now the Karinnes can bring that power onto any battlefield. Let the fun begin!!!!
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
calista241
Katzh-dashi

Post by calista241 »

Interesting idea. I wonder if telepaths will be unable to shield non telepaths from Benga domination as the confederation is counting on. Maybe forcing Jason to consider re-establishing the generation program while the benga spend a year in interdicted space trying to get out. Or at least forcing them all to use bionoids to fight on the ships.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I would have thought communing would have allowed a group of generation telepathy to unite their strength in a singular purpose.
.S.A.M.K.M