Conviction chapter 3, spoilers

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Conviction chapter 3, spoilers

Post by SYED »

The war is almost upon us all. So cool gigantic space battles will be soon.

So they have merged two FTL systems together for an unprecedented advantage. There is apparently a third FTL system, could that be combined in the future with their newest system, or just with another FTL system, either one or both of them. The new systems seems tricky to control due to sheer speed, could they combine it with some kind of catapult or gate to make it safer for repeated use? If their ships can tow at this speed, they could potentially take a stargate over there. That would allow for the confederation to act against the syndicate.
We know there are jump missiles, so I wonder if the other FTL systems could be applied to projectile weaponry? Karrine altered naval warfare by making fighters truly dangerous, so I wonder if they could introduce a missile dominate ship? Due the sheer size of enemy ships, getting too close is risky.
The descriptions of the enemy make it sound like they won't back down until the suffer severe defeats. Not only for their expeditionary forces, but also in their home territories. They need to see the confederation as a threat. So multiple fleet actions as well as major infrastructure attacks. The sheer scale of the ships must mean they have epic shipyards, so if messed with it would deeply affect their ships.
We know house Karrines can jam enemy communications, imagine if they mess with their home galaxcy systems. They could start to plant the disarming bugs for the world burning units. They could also targets shipyards to plant sabotage systems to take out ships. The kimdori could do a lot of damage to those Giants.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Conviction chapter 3, spoilers

Post by kyli »

So Jason solved in 2 days what Myleena couldn't solve in a year!! :lol: :lol: LOVE IT :D
Jason's robot/clone/rocker or whatever its called would be a good way to have fun with people. It really needs to be able to drink alcohol so that it can take Kreel to the pubs and have a drinking contest and get him really drunk. Revenge for what happened on Grimjar :lol:. Jason can make lots of fun of him the next day and I'm sure Kreel won't mind ---- too much.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

At some point, one of the fae will make a suggestion that the alternate body would allow Jason to have threesomes with any girl. A more pc use would to try food that his normal constitution can not deal with. Can the biogenic crystals allow Jason to use his powers at a distance so his alternate form can use telepathy and telekinesis?
.S.A.M.K.M
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

SYED wrote:Can the biogenic crystals allow Jason to use his powers at a distance so his alternate form can use telepathy and telekinesis?
Only the CBIMs can effect a form of telekinetic ability, because of the crystal used to form them.

Jason can commune from the bionoid when he's merged to it, but can't use conventional telepathy. However, when he communes using the bionoid as a proxy, he's limited by the power of the biogenic unit inside it...which isn't much. And since it's a biogenic unit instead of a Generation, the bionoid gets no benefit from a gestalt. Gestalts can't boost other biogenic systems, only Generations.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

That new powered armor Jason is having 3D try to develop sounds quite interesting. But what could it theoretically stop if they succeed? Any energy weapon? Maybe even the karinne particle beam? I'm really interested to hear more about it.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Does this armor tech be shared or not? While it deals with energy, what about weapons multi dimensional based or spar tail? It might up set the balance of power, if less advanced races are unable to defend themselves from races with weapons able to damage powered armor.
.S.A.M.K.M
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

why do they want to make an Armour from Silicon; when they compressed neutronium carapace
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

betatester wrote:why do they want to make an Armour from Silicon; when they compressed neutronium carapace
Well first of all, silicon it a lot easier and cheaper to create. And I mean a LOT!! But I'm not sure if they would use silicon. The way I understand it, (and I might be wrong), the armor would just be a modified, more powerful CMS that absorbs incoming energy (like energy weapons) and uses that energy to "reinforce the structural integrity of the hull". I don't know if the hull has to be made of silicon to do it.
Basically you steal the energy that is trying to rip your ship apart and are instead using it to hold it together. That's the way I understand it, though I'm not sure if I'm right. Some more detail on this would be welcome (hint, hint).
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kyli wrote:
betatester wrote:why do they want to make an Armour from Silicon; when they compressed neutronium carapace
Well first of all, silicon it a lot easier and cheaper to create. And I mean a LOT!! But I'm not sure if they would use silicon. The way I understand it, (and I might be wrong), the armor would just be a modified, more powerful CMS that absorbs incoming energy (like energy weapons) and uses that energy to "reinforce the structural integrity of the hull". I don't know if the hull has to be made of silicon to do it.
Basically you steal the energy that is trying to rip your ship apart and are instead using it to hold it together. That's the way I understand it, though I'm not sure if I'm right. Some more detail on this would be welcome (hint, hint).
That's actually a fairly accurate description of what it's supposed to do.

What Jason envisions is a reactive armor system that actively absorbs incoming energy (like the CMS does sensor/light energy), and then uses that energy to actively reinforce the armor containing the interphasic field, which is the tempering effect Jason researched to solve the engine problem...which was what gave him the idea for the armor. It's effectively a much, much more powerful version of a CMS. In effect, the more powerful the weapon used against it, the stronger the armor becomes.

It's why he was the one to logically come up with the idea, because he invented the CMS, so he understands how it works better than just about anyone else, and he'd just done all that research on the tempering effect.

And no, it wouldn't be silicon. For it to work, the interphasic field would have to reinforce something that already has a great deal of strength, like an existing armor material...the stronger the base armor, the stronger the armor when it is powered. Silicon is nowhere near sturdy enough. Spoiler alert, but most of the work they have to do is to find a suitable armor material that can accept an interphasic field and make it strong enough to work.

While it's not "powered," reactive forms of armor like what Jason envisions exist in the real world, primarily in tanks. How they work is that they have "cells" of explosive material under the armor plating that, when struck by incoming fire, explode outward in a shaped charge, directing the vast majority of the energy released by the explosion AWAY from the tank. The incoming kinetic energy is opposed by the outgoing kinetic energy of the explosive charge, thus protecting the tank behind that reactive armor.

So, this idea isn't exactly new or unique.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Thanks for the info. I think I kind of understand how it works now:)
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

If it is based on the CMS system, then his stealth war ships would be far more dangerous.
.S.A.M.K.M
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

Fel
If they need to find a suitable armor material that can accept an interphasic field and make it strong enough to work as powered reactive armor. So why do they need to invite the scientist from Ruu (Instructor RDX)

When Karinnes find the new suitable material; then Instructor RDX would know it too which in-turn would mean the Ruu becoming aware of the new Karinne armor composites.

armor and weapons are highly classified and propriety technologies
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

betatester wrote:Fel
If they need to find a suitable armor material that can accept an interphasic field and make it strong enough to work as powered reactive armor. So why do they need to invite the scientist from Ruu (Instructor RDX)

When Karinnes find the new suitable material; then Instructor RDX would know it too which in-turn would mean the Ruu becoming aware of the new Karinne armor composites.

armor and weapons are highly classified and propriety technologies
They're not keeping this to themselves. Like with the other military tech they've developed, they're developing their own version of it, and they'll then try to develop a generic form that doesn't use biogenic technology for the Confederation to use.

The "recipe" for the Neutronium alloy is common knowledge. What makes Karinne armor different is how they process raw Neutronium to turn it into compressed Neutronium, and that won't be revealed to RDX during the project. But, you're right that if they have to develop a new armor alloy compatible with the interphasic field, then RDX will most likely know what it is. However, she's a Ruu, and in the realm of science, they're relatively trustworthy when it comes to keeping secrets. If they swear her to secrecy, she'll keep those secrets. That's the Ruu way.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

If they release a generic form of armor that uses interphasic fields to absorb weapons fire; that might lead them to revealing the science behind CMS which just absorbs light and sensor energy to the confederation
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The CMS is an epic stealth system, not only does it work in hyperspace but it can also hide from the energy beings.
Over the course of this series, lots of energy weapons have been mentioned, so we need a list of which weapons can harm this armor. The clear weakness of this armor, is from rail guns.
.S.A.M.K.M