Nanite memory problem

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Nanite memory problem

Post by kyli »

The one of the biggest problems with using nanites for warfare is that they can't really do very complex missions because of their very limited memory space. Well I have been thinking about a solution and I came up with this. Divide complex missions into multiple steps; say 5 steps for a fairly complex mission; and program 96% of the nanites with the first step. Program the second step into 1% of the nanites and when the first step is complete, have those nanites with the second step reprogram all the other nanites with the second step. Do the same with steps three, four, and five, or however many steps a mission requires. I am wondering how well this would work.

(BTW, yes I know I spend too much time thinking about these books, but it’s all Fel’s fault. His books are just too damn good.)
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Re: Nanite memory problem

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Nah, just use something other than matter for the nanite memory and have it occupy something other than space.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Biogenic crystal have huge ranges, why not simply make the nanites able to receive. That way they can be ordered with new instructions at need.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

SYED wrote:Biogenic crystal have huge ranges, why not simply make the nanites able to receive. That way they can be ordered with new instructions at need.
Nanites aren't made out of Biogenic crystals. That would be crazy to put biogenics out where the enemy could get it. Nanites may be hard to detect, but they aren't impossible to detect. The consortium managed to discover the nanites at Trieste after all.
Also, I think the nanites can remotely receive information. However, the enemy would likely detect such a transmission.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."