Conviction, the next book.

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Conviction, the next book.

Post by SYED »

In a post, Fel said he might be starting this book soon. It would be time skipped about two years into the future, and we would see the result of all these changes.

In the last story, they syndicate invasion fleet was coming in three years, while the consortium is five years out. That means by the new story, the invasion fleet is about a year out, while the colony fleet is three years out. The kimdori scouts should be in andromeda by now. They should be tracking the incoming fleet, preparing the areas of arrival. While they want to shatter the invasion fleet, they might want to capture a few specific ships for access of intelligence and examples of their technology.

The confederacy has likely greatly expanded with multiple stellar nations signed on to fight the comin battle. Using the Karinne shipyard moon, each one likely greatly expanded their ships of the line numbers. The shipyard would see so much use that a new telepathic computer will be made just for the moon. I bet while they are waiting for the coming battle, the navies are encouraging their sailors to attend the academy, even if it is just remotely. They would have jacks. The shared tech of the confederacy arming them all, taken from the andromedan enemies. The imperium at least would have real time jumping capability. Who know which other nations were able to upgrade?

They would have spread star gates and catapults across the defended systems. The only advantage star gates have is that you don't need a jump engine to use it. If you think about, the sheer number of them would require a huge protection force. I wonder if they would have secured locations like that nebula that naturally Denis jumping for themselves, creating fortresses from which they can deploy their forces. Using stealth, drone and other similar tech, they can make it a death trap, and force them to try to enter blind.

Earth would be bursting with all the aliens, enough to speed up the terraforming in the system. It might encourage members to invest on a relay to an uninhabited system, then terraforming suitable world. If it has a quick and easy way to send materials there, it would be cheaper to change. It will still cost and take time, but an extra living planet is always valuable.

We will see the wide scal results of a jacked society. All those academy student with speed learning capability and expanded memory. All the navies and armies would be jacked and unoccupied so able to attend. Remote presence and telepresence used wide scale. I am wondering if the andromedan enemies will try to steal the tech, I bet it would work for them. Since one of them is evacuating, could it be enough to get them to try and retake their home? They might be able to use it to fight back.

With the consortium, they will have civilians with them. They would need a home. Hopefully kimdori intelligence wil have more details, so find the right plants to place them on. They might be useful allies. The thing is they are likely carrying more energy beings so very dangerous, see if the parri parri can help them deal with them. So create more safe places, and be prepared for them.

The karrinne were last experimenting combining hyperdrive with translight engines. They should see if the warp field FTL could be combined with one or both of the other methods. Since the alternative methods allow indicted regions to once more be vulnerable, ways to deal with it would need to be designed. So ways to prevent translight or warp fields from forming or staying formed in a specific region of space.

If they can do this, they will have a way to attack the andromedan galaxy itself. They will need extensive intelligence before hand. The karrinnes would have to carry out attacks by themselves as this tech would be restricted. So while they will have a tech advantage, the enemy has numbers. Target their industry and infrastructure. Encourage slave rebellion. The syndicate seems ver business like, so hurt their profits. Make it seem that confusing the invasion would bankrupt them. Each of their planets have a kill device on it right, so secretly disable them. Infiltrate them with spiders on a huge scale.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Conviction, the next book.

Post by kyli »

I wonder how many CBIMs will be online at the beginning of this book? The 3rd CBIM should have gone online about a month after the end of inception; three months after Cyra came online. How many more CBIMs were in production? I don't recall if it's mentioned. I think the first chapter will be very interesting.

Alright, we all know that Myleena's translight hyperspace engine will work----- EVENTUALLY!! The question is when will she figure it out and will it work as well as she predicted? Will she figure it out in time to use it with the syndicate or will it be a bit more long term? Will the drive be slower or faster then she predicted in the last chapter of inception or will her predictions be accurate? How much time will it take to refit ships with the new engines? So many questions....

The syndicate have ships the size of small moons. How possible would it be to capture some and strip the inside and use them as warship transports. It's already got real time jump engines so just empty everything out except the jump engine and maybe a couple other systems, and fill in up with a thousand confederate warships that don't have real time jump engines and send the fricken large ship off to the battle in real time. Maybe convert the ships to mini-moble-shipyards to begin fixing battle damage at the battle site. I wonder what the size difference is between Kosigi and one of those monster ships.

Another idea that I've mentioned before that I'd really love seeing (if its plausible, that is?) is the use of planetary stargates that ared use like the stargates in the stargate tv shows. Smaller gates that are on a planets surface that you step through directly onto another planet. As an exapmle, imagine a stargate at RJH-7 (the planet that is insanely rich in heavy metal deposits). The miners ship the heavy oars straight through the stargate ---- and right into a refinement factory on Karis. Or a stargate at Karsa that Jason just steps through ---- and is up in Kosigi.

That possible upgrade to an interface that Cybi mentioned in chapter 7 of inception where they "add a gyroscopic sensor to an interface to give it the ability to detect attitude and motion, and include an upgrade to the interface‟s programming to allow it to keep its host balanced.” This would give person with a Jack a sense of balance in hyperspace. Myleena said it would be to much work and that it's not like they'd be spending hours in hyperspace. I disagree with that and I think they should have had someone research it. They wouldn't have had to give the project to Myleena; just give it to someone at 3D, but they shouldn't have just left it. Now, with the possibility of spending only months in hyperspace on trips between galaxies, it should definitely be something that needs to be brought up again.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kyli wrote:I wonder how many CBIMs will be online at the beginning of this book? The 3rd CBIM should have gone online about a month after the end of inception; three months after Cyra came online. How many more CBIMs were in production? I don't recall if it's mentioned. I think the first chapter will be very interesting.

Alright, we all know that Myleena's translight hyperspace engine will work----- EVENTUALLY!! The question is when will she figure it out and will it work as well as she predicted? Will she figure it out in time to use it with the syndicate or will it be a bit more long term? Will the drive be slower or faster then she predicted in the last chapter of inception or will her predictions be accurate? How much time will it take to refit ships with the new engines? So many questions....

The syndicate have ships the size of small moons. How possible would it be to capture some and strip the inside and use them as warship transports. It's already got real time jump engines so just empty everything out except the jump engine and maybe a couple other systems, and fill in up with a thousand confederate warships that don't have real time jump engines and send the fricken large ship off to the battle in real time. Maybe convert the ships to mini-moble-shipyards to begin fixing battle damage at the battle site. I wonder what the size difference is between Kosigi and one of those monster ships.

Another idea that I've mentioned before that I'd really love seeing (if its plausible, that is?) is the use of planetary stargates that ared use like the stargates in the stargate tv shows. Smaller gates that are on a planets surface that you step through directly onto another planet. As an exapmle, imagine a stargate at RJH-7 (the planet that is insanely rich in heavy metal deposits). The miners ship the heavy oars straight through the stargate ---- and right into a refinement factory on Karis. Or a stargate at Karsa that Jason just steps through ---- and is up in Kosigi.

That possible upgrade to an interface that Cybi mentioned in chapter 7 of inception where they "add a gyroscopic sensor to an interface to give it the ability to detect attitude and motion, and include an upgrade to the interface‟s programming to allow it to keep its host balanced.” This would give person with a Jack a sense of balance in hyperspace. Myleena said it would be to much work and that it's not like they'd be spending hours in hyperspace. I disagree with that and I think they should have had someone research it. They wouldn't have had to give the project to Myleena; just give it to someone at 3D, but they shouldn't have just left it. Now, with the possibility of spending only months in hyperspace on trips between galaxies, it should definitely be something that needs to be brought up again.
There are four CBIMs now.

Small, personal Stargates are impossible, because they're inside the gravity well of the planet.

And yes, they did in fact upgrade the interfaces so the crews no longer need to use jump restraints. It's been 18 months now, so yes, they found the time to do the work.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Fel wrote: Small, personal Stargates are impossible, because they're inside the gravity well of the planet.
I was wondering about that. I know hyperspace engines don't work inside a gravity well but I don't remember it saying that stargates also don't work. Good to know, I suppose.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Also I wonder if one of those 2 new CBIMs or maybe some future CBIM will change their hologram (and voice) to be male instead of female.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kyli wrote:Also I wonder if one of those 2 new CBIMs or maybe some future CBIM will change their hologram (and voice) to be male instead of female.
Yes, as a matter of fact, one of the new CBIMs does use a male hologram. Stop looking into my notes!
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Currently, there was CBIM for the house and one to run Karis itself. One dedicated to the moon ship yard, it defenses, and utilities is a must. It is a major undertaking, the production of most if not all ships of the line for each confederate member. Earth and/or the academy could do with one, the confederacy would be a lot of work to maintain. I suppose the computers could be based off of earth, but it would make sense for it to be there. There will be many star gates and catapults, so linking them via this biogenic network would increase security. If the calculations of hyper trans light drive is beyond cybi, what about a networking of her companions?
There is this idea of turning a gas planet into a giant computer, a Jupiter brain I think. Imagine if they did build one, what could it do?
How do the benga create so many moon sized ships? Large scale construction would always have issues, and they are not as advanced as the consortium even. The kosigi shipyard revolutionized ship and star gate building, but even that could not build moon scale ship continually. So either they have a solution, or each ship represent a giant investment of resources.
I wonder if the benga use a similar method to the one used in the "Troy rising" series. They use a system wide network of mirrors and lenses to create super lasers that heat up and spin asteroids, inflating them till they are huge. They are then outfitted in to mobile battle stations, filled with missiles and able to carry ships.
If these ships are jump capable, if they could be captured, they could be refitted easily enough.

If gate need a lack of gravity use la grange points. Or artificial Gravity systems to create suitable locations.
.S.A.M.K.M
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

SYED wrote:How do the benga create so many moon sized ships? Large scale construction would always have issues, and they are not as advanced as the consortium even.
Nope, any and all issues that can happen with large scale construction would quickly be eliminated. If you have half a galaxy of resources, why should there be any issue? Each of the confederacy members only have up to a few hundred worlds to support their construction and they obviously manage to do 'large scale construction' for their restricted resources well enough.
but even that could not build moon scale ship continually.
Why not? It simply would have to take ages to build each piece on its own and then put it together outside. That's how almost all of the biggest building projects are done nowadays.
So either they have a solution, or each ship represent a giant investment of resources.
If you have half a galaxy of resources to work with, of course your ships can be a giant investment of resources for the confederacy but minor ones for the Benga.
I wonder if the benga use a similar method to the one used in the "Troy rising" series.[...]
Never mention how such and such author did this or that on another authors forum. If he reads it, it may limit his ideas because he most likely will try to do something different, even if he previously had a similar idea. But in this case i doubt that, since those thingies in Troy Rising where simply the biggest fortress constructions possible in the least amount of time to save earth and be hilarious to write about to boot. A huge difficult to move rock does not fit into the Subjugation universe as an 'attack ship'.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Even if they build such large objects, they must have created solutions to aid in the process. A trick or technique, that allows this advantage.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Slave labor and corporate CEOs who think that bigger is better. I think that's probably all it is. I doubt their building technique is much better then the Karrinnes.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I wonder if they could make a few giants ships themselves, but dedicated as missile and carrier type. Carrying not only small craft, but the smaller fleet ships. We know there are hyper capable missiles, imagine warp or trans light capable missiles, that would really alter the battle field.

I had an idea, one of the names still trains for sailing ships, they could encourage an inter service competition, centered around old style sailing, as well as old fashion canon firing.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

So this is just a half serious joke:
I've gone ahead and figured out how the battle with the syndiate is going to go. The sydicate will jump across the galaxy and since there are lots of stars in the galaxy; they will have to maybe go through a couple of stars to reach their destination. But since they're in hyperspace and have some fairly decent hyperspace engines, it means they're safe and won't get knocked out of hyperspace---- but the karinnes will have set up an interdictor at one of the stars. The syndicate fleet reintergates inside the star and "poof" are gone. The star goes supernova and everybody lives happily ever after. The End!!!
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

kyli wrote:The sydicate will jump across the galaxy and since there are lots of stars in the galaxy; they will have to maybe go through a couple of stars to reach their destination. But since they're in hyperspace and have some fairly decent hyperspace engines, it means they're safe and won't get knocked out of hyperspace---- but the karinnes will have set up an interdictor at one of the stars. The syndicate fleet reintergates inside the star and "poof" are gone. The star goes supernova and everybody lives happily ever after. The End!!!
Doubtful, since timespace is heavily influenced by gravity, so much so, that even we puny humans can figure out that there is a difference in time measured if you send an exact clock around the world in a plane compared to one that just stayed on the table waiting for the other one to arrive. Hyperspace has to still be part of timespace for it to be useful. Interdictors stay mostly in real space but interfere with hyperspace. Ships jump from real space to hyperspace and back again. A sun is massive, it has to be to be able to sustain the ongoing reactions and thus will inevitable leave an equally as big impression via its gravity.

So, even if it were possible at all, would you deliberately drive over a pothole as big as your tires with your car in the hopes that nothing too bad will happen? Remember, the nice, flat, undamaged, perfectly sound highway is right next to you and wouldn't take any time at all to use.

Can't wait for the first chapter. :-)
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The invasion fleet will likely arrive in stasis right. Due to the size of the fleet and the size of the ships, even if indictor out into an ambush, it would be an increadibly large region of space. They might not go for a direct attack, at least not only a direct attack. They could release spiders to infiltrate the ships, allowing tracking and influence. Similar to the ambush the consortium fleet experienced. This time they will have plenty of stores of all the weapons they used, so even after the fleet ships retreat, they can continue to assault the enemy. Due to telepathy threat, best way for the confederation to fight is use missiles and long range weapons. That combined with allied telepaths can keep the mind battle equal.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

MartinK wrote:Doubtful, since timespace is heavily influenced by gravity, so much so, that even we puny humans can figure out that there is a diffrence in time measured if you send an exact clock around the world in a plane compared to one that just stayed on the table waiting for the other one to arrive. Hyperspace has to still be part of timespace for it to be useful. Interdictors stay mostly in real space but interfere with hyperspace. Ships jump from real space to hyperspace and back again. A sun is massive, it has to be to be able to sustain the ongoing reactions and thus will inevitable leave an equally as big impression via its gravity.

So, even if it were possible at all, would you deliberately drive over a pothole as big as your tires with your car in the hopes that nothing too bad will happen? Remember, the nice, flat, undamaged, perfectly sound highway is right next to you and wouldn't take any time at all to use.
I know it's not likely. I did say I was only half serious and I will want a bit more action then that. It's just something I thought of that I wanted to mention.

I'm not sure the Confederation will attack the syndicate right away in the same way the karinnes did with the consortium. So far, there has been no contact, hostile or otherwise, between the syndicate and the Confederation. The Confederation might decide that they don't want to initiate the hostilities, even though they know that there will be hostilities. I'm imagining a scene where the syndicate is knocked out of hyperspace and then receive a communication in the Benga language from the Confederation to "leave the galaxy or else..." It would be a missed opportunity for the Confederation to strike when the syndicate isn't expecting it but I just can't see them laying a similar ambush as the one they laid for the consortium. The consortium had already initiated the hostilities when the karinnes ambushed them. But maybe the confederation (or the karinnes) will decide to contact the syndicate leaders directly, telling them to recall their ships or else. With the Kimdori in Andromeda, the message and response could get there and back in real time, and with a negative response, the confederation could ambush the syndicate fleet with the ability to say that they tried to communicate first. Maybe I'm wrong and the Confederation will just attack, but I'm not so sure.