Subjugation V: Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2013

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
flash
Novice

Subjugation V: Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2013

Post by flash »

Congratulations Fel, for winning the Clitorides Award in the category Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2013!
ettoren
Sorcerer

Re: Subjugation V: Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2013

Post by ettoren »

Grats!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I'm amusedly baffled by this one. Subjugation is meant to be mature but not outright erotica, a line I try to hold by exploring a very adult subject without getting overly explicit.

I just find it funny that a story that actively avoids graphic descriptions and whose erotic undertones are a simply an aspect of exploring the social activities of a different species, and as such are not the actual focus of the story, could be found erotic enough to win an award.

So...yay me, I guess?
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
konman
Da'Shar

Post by konman »

Congratulations, regardless.
Everyone has A photographic memory.
Some just don't have any film!
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

Most "erotic sci-fi" stories don't focus on the erotic parts so Subjugation isn't alone in that regard. Others may be more graphic about it but a story can have an erotic feel without having graphic descriptions. I'm thinking most of the votes in that category were for the story more than sex so I'm not surprised Subjugation won on that merit.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Fel wrote:I'm amusedly baffled by this one. Subjugation is meant to be mature but not outright erotica, a line I try to hold by exploring a very adult subject without getting overly explicit.
I just find it funny that a story that actively avoids graphic descriptions and whose erotic undertones are a simply an aspect of exploring the social activities of a different species, and as such are not the actual focus of the story, could be found erotic enough to win an award.
I agree that the 'standards' of erotic literature seem to be in the eye of the beholder, but then I've never been much of a judge of what is or what isn't erotic. By the standards that seem to be used by most people, dang near every 'romantic' interlude of any sort is classed as erotic.

Nevertheless congratulations on writing a story that others liked so well that it was an obvious choice for first place.

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:I'm amusedly baffled by this one. Subjugation is meant to be mature but not outright erotica, a line I try to hold by exploring a very adult subject without getting overly explicit.

So...yay me, I guess?
Cat's should probably be changed to best Stories published on the web, instead of just straight up erotic, I mean I agree that Subjugation isn't an erotic story, but it's pretty bad when a non-erotic story wins best Sci-Fi erotic story..
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

wow !!!! didn't see this thread till now, :oops: Congrats. :D
Though in manga/anmie terms , have always felt Subjugation is more kinda ecchi , which some times skirts Henati with than full on Henati itself . That's my take at least.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Congrats Fel.... even if its late.

And this storyline... Subjugation has been almost 10 years long. Its been a long time. I am not complaining in any way. Just actually felt happy that we have been fans for so long. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.