Secession, Chapter 8 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Secession, Chapter 8 [Spoilers]

Post by Wolfee »

Mizriath wrote:Just an off the wall thinking.

Consortium after losing to the Syndicate and possibly being eradicated after losing to Jason decides to raise the white flag and offer to be part of the Imperium!! or whatever it will be called next to join the fight against the Syndicate. They will just be restricted to the Imxi sector. :evil:

Wel...

That would not be a good idea at all. Better to just kill them all off. If they joined the Imperium how are the Skaa and the Urumii going to feel about that? Not to mention how would the other members of Confederation would feel about this? Just because you have beaten the enemy doesn't mean you settle them into your population.

What are the big 3 that we are always warned about in science fiction? 1) Race of intelligent Machines, 2) Incectoid Race 3) A race with technology so advanced they seem as gods and they're technology is indistinguishable from magic. This situation falls under #2... without a queen to rule them or change the order that they obey the Consortium in all things. With no queen they're population is on a downward track, because they are going to die and they will be unable to reproduce as they're all drones or female workers such as a bee hive, (most likely) unless they're able to make a temporary queen as bees can.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Greymist wrote: Would it be possible with America's constitution to have a compulsory voting system like exists in most of South America, Australia and South East Asia? Would you support that?

I won't disagree with the penalties for dishonest politicians, then again I can't really talk given the small number of elections I've involved myself in.
Let me start out by saying that I'm don't want to 'hijack' this site by starting a political argument, but I will add that in order for a democracy to actually work well I feel the majority of the population of the voting public has to be involved - even if all the involvement of the individual is only in casting a vote.
However in order to cast a vote I feel a person must know more than just the 'breed' of politician one is voting for - in other words you must understand the political stance of each politician involved in the race and in order to do that you have to be willing to do some research into the policies of the politicians who are running for office. I would add that I know I am NOT an average voter - because I look into the background of each and every politician in any political battle that affects me - it takes a lot of time, but then I'm a political junky. {Completely off topic- I would hate to live in Florida during a federal election, because the ballot there is so complicated that I would be constantly involved in research into politicians}
Having said that I realize that most people vote by other methods - often because of outside influences that are not what would serve those voters best and I find it quite frustrating because a little research might have made them question their own political stance.

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Wolfee wrote:

Consortium after losing to the Syndicate and possibly being eradicated after losing to Jason decides to raise the white flag and offer to be part of the Imperium!! or whatever it will be called next to join the fight against the Syndicate. They will just be restricted to the Imxi sector. :evil:

Wel...

That would not be a good idea at all. Better to just kill them all off. If they joined the Imperium how are the Skaa and the Urumii going to feel about that? Not to mention how would the other members of Confederation would feel about this? Just because you have beaten the enemy doesn't mean you settle them into your population.

What are the big 3 that we are always warned about in science fiction? 1) Race of intelligent Machines, 2) Incectoid Race 3) A race with technology so advanced they seem as gods and they're technology is indistinguishable from magic. This situation falls under #2... without a queen to rule them or change the order that they obey the Consortium in all things. With no queen they're population is on a downward track, because they are going to die and they will be unable to reproduce as they're all drones or female workers such as a bee hive, (most likely) unless they're able to make a temporary queen as bees can.
This is a problem that Jason is currently considering, but not immediately.

Jason has no intention of leaving ANY Consortium assets to regroup with the coming armada, up to the point where he's seriously considering allowing the Confederation to conquer the Imxi and divvy up their systems between all the various governments.

The problem is what's coming. It's not so much the military ships, it's the civilians. Jason's soft enough to consider civilians out of bounds, and he knows that SOMETHING has to be done about those civilians. Incorporating them into one or more of the Confederate governments would be the humane thing to do, as well as being able to get their hands on what tech they have that Myleena hasn't cracked yet.

Jason has the testicular fortitude to take out the Consortium war machine currently in the home galaxy, but when non-combatant civilians come into play...well, then it gets morally ambugiuous. Jason's no murderer, yet he has to protect Cybi and the house.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

War is hell indeed.

HRH Jason The First , has quite a nice ring to it , doesnt it. lol
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:
Wolfee wrote:

Wel...

Jason has no intention of leaving ANY Consortium assets to regroup with the coming armada, up to the point where he's seriously considering allowing the Confederation to conquer the Imxi and divvy up their systems between all the various governments.

The problem is what's coming. It's not so much the military ships, it's the civilians. Jason's soft enough to consider civilians out of bounds, and he knows that SOMETHING has to be done about those civilians. Incorporating them into one or more of the Confederate governments would be the humane thing to do, as well as being able to get their hands on what tech they have that Myleena hasn't cracked yet.

Jason has the testicular fortitude to take out the Consortium war machine currently in the home galaxy, but when non-combatant civilians come into play...well, then it gets morally ambugiuous. Jason's no murderer, yet he has to protect Cybi and the house.
Attachments
hammers dont fix2.jpg
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fel wrote:

After thinking about it for awhile, Jason always have something for the civilians, underdogs and using a crafty bent to solve issues and problems. And considering how he deals with Trillanes and Urumi, and Dahnai for that matter, as long as the heart of the matter is good, well he is willing to bend. The Consortium is "better" than the syndicate. They may be doing what they did because they had no choice and well who does not want to be the top dog. But survival instinct kicks in and working with JAson as the boss is better than capitulating to the Syndicates as the bottom ant. They may become part of the Karinnes. The light being and the insectoid "Empress" may be willing to be seconds to Jason. Just some thought.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.