Secession, Chapter 7 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Secession, Chapter 7 [Spoilers]

Post by expedient »

Great speech!

The Parri continue to offer a hint at what the Generations might be truly capable of achieving. With Jason's random thought a couple of chapters ago about manipulating space and the way the shaman reached into the tree to collect the plaque, there is something there just beyond what we've seen that Jason could be capable of. Not forgetting the way the Parri know things. I wonder how aware the oye trees are.

I'm wondering what would happen if one of the Karinne ships let loose its shockwave generator near the exit of the incoming wormhole. Plus if this Consortium wormhole works then that would imply that Wormhole Drives [or catapults] are possible, even if there is a 50/50 chance of failure. If wormholes are more stable over a greater distance, as we see with the stargates, then this would be a possible method for reaching Andromeda in less than five years, assuming the energy required is not prohibitive.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: Secession, Chapter 7 [Spoilers]

Post by SYED »

Do we know if the moon will actually be destroyed? They will have to reinforce the moon to make sure all their ships get through. Once the enemy is gone, it could get refitted with imperial wormhole tech, so make it capable of allowing extra galactic travel.
I wonder if the cancer is the kimdori adaptions to make him more powerful? So he can wield shaman powers, will he be able to fight the energy being while in communion.

Cybi has a form of telekinesis, can people with mind jack be able to use that form of talent? is their tech safe from being messed with by the consortium?

SAy the kimdori get to another galaxcy, could they locate a radiation filled system to hide a star gate? or make a secret moon wormhole generator.
so the nebula will be made into a karrine stronghold.
.S.A.M.K.M
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I do wonder if they can aim the wormhole generator....could they use it as a weapon? What would happen if the wormhole appeared inside Kosigi....Or if it's so unstable...Karis?
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Interesting question / Idea but i don't think it'll happen plus it's not the Event horizon that will be at this end
so I don't think it could do any real damage.

It's Using it like a Cannon the Cannon it's self is pretty harmless but the cannon balls comming out of it....humm

You have to remember they seem to want Cybi some what intact destroying or blowing up Karis or even Kosigi.
Might just damnage Cybi and make all those plans mute.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

THey could partially stabilise the wormhole, giving them a point to target the weapons. If they fix it, could they make the wormhole journey much rougher on the ships. If they appear trapped in hyper locked space, then the karrines could jump back and forth really messing with them.
.S.A.M.K.M
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Hmmm a thought are they sure they are going open it to Karrines Space why not open it to in Andromeda Galaxy link it to a another Wormhole generator to make it more stable.
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

That was a really amazing speech. Hold the line indeed. Its do or die time.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Is this the last chapter in this arc?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

No. It looks like there'll be two more.

If things work the way I think they will.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fel wrote:No. It looks like there'll be two more.

If things work the way I think they will.
Hmm, Fel, I may have forgotten... what will be the title for the next book after Secession... :D Will start to have lots of thoughts just by the Title. :)

Still have the fight against the Syndicates. Will it be different? Still guerilla warfare.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Recession?? :twisted: Jason still has to figure, how to pay for it all. : :D
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

dellstart wrote:Recession?? :twisted: Jason still has to figure, how to pay for it all. : :D
Conceptualization - The concept to defeat the Syndicatium

Contraction - Thinking big but finally a small simple solution. Some old tech like just putting rocks in space and hyperspace in the interdicted field and then the whole jing gang in the galaxy contracts.

Conquerism - The Karinnes finally conquer the Consortium and the Syndicatium in the name of Generations and share the gains and benefit with the Imperium and the Confederations. OMG what is it with all the titles. :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Clearly the next book about fighting the Syndicate has to be titled Syndication. Jason can be joined by the cast of Charles in Charge, CHIPS, and other old TV shows. Most of the actors are now just heads in jars, however. This will be followed by Cancellation, where all the actors, except Kenny, are killed in a huge black hole that destroys all the Syndicate worlds leaving the Parri as the only vendors of oye juice. It has all been about the spice, I mean juice. He who controls the juice, controls the universe. Lastly, there will be Revisionism, where it turns out all the be a bead dream by Bobby Ewing, except he is now blue and a woman. With just combat boots on.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

If shya loses her Royal status , will that not mean all the guards pack up shop ands go home.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

dellstart wrote:If shya loses her Royal status , will that not mean all the guards pack up shop ands go home.
No - Fel already stated that will not happen, The marriage goes forward, the guards stay. Fel stated that even if the marriage didn't go forward the guards would stay.