Sucession chap. 6

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
artreus
Sorcerer

Secession chap 6

Post by artreus »

I was a bit taken back by Jason's reaction to the prank.

tho the idea for his revenge still is in character and cunning,
the way it was delivered was to much bully for Jason. (imo you can hardly call it a prank anymore, more of an escalation )

Did they touch a sensitive spot by turning him smurf ?
of is it the stress of the war that made him act that way ..

on a possitive note, it brought tarrin back in the fore of my thoughts, looks like a sennadar reread is imminent.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Sucession chap. 6

Post by lapland »

Interesting. Little kids getting married will send a few raised eye brows around the galaxy. If anyonegot wind Jason was planning a possible invation of another galaxy as well as taking control of all available worlds in this one they may also raise a few eye brows. But allowing the fey to have one planet for every one he takes will be challenged. But once he shows he can wipe out two or possibly three major players there wont be much others will wantto challenge him on. Besides, more are already joining the little group now that he has severed rulership from the fey.
physicalard
Initiate

Re: Sucession chap. 6

Post by physicalard »

I'm just seeing the funding for Jason's massive fleet in this situation. Once the Karrines have scattered worlds with stargates across the galaxy, their freighters will be able to go between any two worlds in the galaxy the same or less time than most of the civilizations take to travel inside their own regions. With the famed neutrallity, the profits from the full galatic trading empire will be immense.
Hugin
Novice

Post by Hugin »

He lets Merrane get to other parts of the galaxy but can they get past the interdictators once they get there?.... For a price... Karin is still in control...
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

He doesn't need an endless fleet, if he prepares a sensor net and inferstructure to produce weapons to attack ships crossing the void. HE managed to destroy a huge number of ship, in a limited time period.
To cross the galactic void, you need to put the crew in stasis, so that give you time to hit a ship stuck on automatics.
Basic rule of war, hold the high ground. THe enemy has to come to out galaxcy through a restricted route. If he could make a wall of indictors in the right place, he could funnel them into a kill zone. entire space stations of death.
.S.A.M.K.M
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Secession chap. 6

Post by Fel »

SYED wrote:He doesn't need an endless fleet, if he prepares a sensor net and inferstructure to produce weapons to attack ships crossing the void. HE managed to destroy a huge number of ship, in a limited time period.
To cross the galactic void, you need to put the crew in stasis, so that give you time to hit a ship stuck on automatics.
Basic rule of war, hold the high ground. THe enemy has to come to out galaxcy through a restricted route. If he could make a wall of indictors in the right place, he could funnel them into a kill zone. entire space stations of death.
This is one of the very things they're considering.
artreus wrote:I was a bit taken back by Jason's reaction to the prank.

tho the idea for his revenge still is in character and cunning,
the way it was delivered was to much bully for Jason. (imo you can hardly call it a prank anymore, more of an escalation )

Did they touch a sensitive spot by turning him smurf ?
of is it the stress of the war that made him act that way
Yes, he reacted that way on purpose. He'll run with a good prank, but he's very, very, very against being turned blue, and the twins hit one of his few sore spots. Jason DOES have a temper, and the twins finally managed hit the right place to make him show it, because they embarrassed him in front of the Confederate Council. Jason doesn't mind acting the fool behind the fence of the strip, but the twins' actions put him in a bad light in front of the other rulers. The private pranks suddenly became very public, and that went over the line.

So, his retalition was half prank, and half serious warning not to do something like that again. The twins will take the hint, if only out of terror over what he might do to them if they do go that far.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Posted this, before reading the other posts, so excuse the redundancy

I think that this prank touched a very deep &sensitive spot in Jason’s Psyche.
Jason is in many things totally immersed in the Faey world. Be it in he’s position in House Karrine, wife and children, amu dozei etc.
Yet there is a part of his soul, which still belongs to Earth. Its might be submerged but its there. (That Joke about Columbus’s ships only proves the point.) When he looks into his mirror, he’s reminded of that fact, deep down he is an Earthman. (Just the same way, we old guys do and think we still have got it.)That’s how; he keeps his balance between the two cultures or peoples in his soul.
For Jason, this was indeed, much more than a mere prank. In some ways it was an attack on his very identity. So he’s response was much harsher than usual as well.
Quite an interesting insight into our Jason Karrine.

Thats my take at least , maybe stress has something to do with it as well , as stated above.
Lynsunom
Talent

Post by Lynsunom »

The way Dahnai was prepared to have Shya abdicate her title seemed a little out of character for the species, that said, imagine what would happen when Rann is told and he decided that his bride to be (Shya) will not abdicate. Nothing like kids doing the unexpected to throw a spanner in the works.
Dreamer
Initiate

Post by Dreamer »

Just thinking, but Rann currently is being portrayed as a somewhat submissive personality (typical for Faey). But with Jason mentoring him, I wonder who will be wearing the skirts in the next generation - Shya or Rann? After all is said and done, my vote goes to Cybi after Jason orders her to "help" the Karine generations to follow.
Dreamer
Initiate

Post by Dreamer »

Should Jason prank Empress Dahnae for all of the hassels during the negotiation for House Karine's secession? And if so, how?
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Dreamer wrote:Just thinking, but Rann currently is being portrayed as a somewhat submissive personality (typical for Faey). But with Jason mentoring him, I wonder who will be wearing the skirts in the next generation - Shya or Rann? After all is said and done, my vote goes to Cybi after Jason orders her to "help" the Karine generations to follow.
MM wonder how true that is.
Kids look to their parents for examples. Jason is hardly the pattern copy of a typical Faey male. Plus, somewhere earlier in the series, we find him putting his hand in actively, to make insure, that Rann, doesn’t fall (at least totally) into that particular mindset.
Being the Heir, will have a say on his development and growth too. If anyone is going to have a problem with it, its going to be Shya . lol
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Dreamer wrote:Should Jason prank Empress Dahnae for all of the hassels during the negotiation for House Karine's secession? And if so, how?
In a Word ......NO

Jason wouldn't do that as that was Serious house business it wasn't personal per sey.

And Denmother would lay in to him six ways from Sunday if he did.
Jason would lose more in the eyes of others over some thing like that then Empress Dahnae would.

Lets be truthful here Jason is the most Powerful Leader in the Faey galaxy right now and Empress Dahnae knows it too.
If he wanted to he could just take over the Faey and have little problem doing it too .....
But it would forever ruin House Karrine's reputation and everyone's trust in them.
Doing this the way he's done it will just reinforce House Karrine's standing and trust worthiness.

What Jason did to the twins was personal they went a bit too far and he slapped them down.
He's also shown that even though he is not beyond pranks even on himself.
There is still a point where enough is enough and you shouldn't go beyond it unless your ready to pay the penalty!.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
M32kun
Talent

Post by M32kun »

I think this was the second consecutive chapter with an ...adult... cut-away ending. Of which I have no particular opinion, but these things stick out. Like a bolded hyphen.
Dreamer
Initiate

Post by Dreamer »

Phantom wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Should Jason prank Empress Dahnae for all of the hassels during the negotiation for House Karine's secession? And if so, how?
In a Word ......NO

Jason wouldn't do that as that was Serious house business it wasn't personal per sey.

And Denmother would lay in to him six ways from Sunday if he did.
Jason would lose more in the eyes of others over some thing like that then Empress Dahnae would.

Lets be truthful here Jason is the most Powerful Leader in the Faey galaxy right now and Empress Dahnae knows it too.
If he wanted to he could just take over the Faey and have little problem doing it too .....
But it would forever ruin House Karrine's reputation and everyone's trust in them.
Doing this the way he's done it will just reinforce House Karrine's standing and trust worthiness.
Phantom
I was thinking of something devious and light hearted, not flamboyant and possibly cruel. For example, Dahnae is stipulating an island on Karis to be declared Marraine territory (an embasy of sorts). Jason could demand a wing of the Palace for the same purposes (yes, I know there would be ramifications of this). The sole focus would be around 1 room that is completely empty (except for maybe one inocuous item like a large rock). Security (both Karine and Merraine) would be directed to ensure that NO Faey could enter the room or know about anything kept within (Generations and other races would be allowed in but - Empress Dahnae would specifically NOT be allowed in) . Dahnae's curiousity and greed got her into this trouble in the first place. How much frustration do you think she could create for herself trying to figure out what is in the room (and if she ever does figure it out, why there is SO MUCH IMPORTANCE placed upon a simple rock). The fact that there is nothing important about it other than the security measures around it will mean that even if Jason tells her the truth, she will NEVER believe it. Her own nature would be her own punishment in this type of prank.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Re: Secession chap. 6

Post by mjkj »

Ah, I have been approved :D thank you :)

Well, I wondered about Jason conducting his revenge on the twins, this time he is using a chemical compound to melt the hair, but contrary to the text in this update, the last time Jason used the hair melting (in Washington) it was a frequency based harmonic interthreaded tetryon pulse (Subjugation chapter 4 and 16 -- he was melting the armor in Subjugation chapter 2 with a chemical compound).

[quote]The pulse caused a chemical reaction with a certain compound in their hair[/quote]

So I guess he must have done some more experimenting to get the same effect from a chemical compound directly without the harmonic interthreaded tetryon pulse... :mrgreen:

mjkj