Secession - Chapter 4

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Re: Secession - Chapter 4

Post by arargh »

Fel wrote:
TLGG wrote:I remember reading that... Ancient meddling spacefaring... Kimdori!
..snip..
There ARE copper-based animals on our planet, believe it or not. They're mainly several species of cold-water crustaceans. The most well known is that "boxer shrimp" whose name I don't recall, the one with little hammer arms that can strike with such power that they concuss and stun their prey, if not outright kill them. But their blood is actually blue, not green, due to the oxygen-bonding molecule in their blood called hemocyanin. Shio blood uses a different copper molecule that colors it green, which is the actual natural color of copper ore. Copper ore is mainly copper and oxygen, and is green. Green is the "rust" color of copper, and since the copper in the blood cells is meant to carry oxygen...well, there you go.
..snip..
I would have thought that a lobster would have been the most well known. :)
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel wrote:The myth of Baala and Baaen is also a direct reference to the transplantation of the Faey to Draconis. Their dimmest memories of being moved from Earth to Draconis shows up in the creation myth from Trellian religious texts. It was their "Adam and Eve" tale, which if you look at it, does have a curious resemblence to what actually happened.
Thats rather difficult. My local library doesn't have any Trellian religious texts. They look at me rather oddly indeed when I ask for them. Amazon didn't have any and the Priest at the Catholic Church wanted to perform a exorcism when I asked if they might be found in the Vatican Libraries.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

There are references in the stories to original samples of Trelle's hair in one of the temples but part of the origin story was quoted in Unification chapter 8.

The first four groupings of First Hymn of Trelle
In Unification chapter 8, Fel wrote:“In the beginning, there was naught but Trelle. Trelle was the totality, the all, the singular being. But Trelle was displeased with the emptiness around her, saying ‘This must not be.’ And so she took her hair and cut it away, and from the strands of her hair the suns and moons and the land was formed. The sight of her creation moved her, and from her eye did a single tear fall, which became the seas abutting the land. She found beauty in her work, but no purpose, so she bent to the task of putting purpose to the land. She pricked her finger, and from the drops of her blood did the creatures who crawl and walk and fly come to be, and she found it good, but not yet as it should be. She touched her finger to her belly and declared ‘from within me shall I bear the Faey, who shall stand in dominion over all.’ And so did she conceive within herself the First Woman, Baala, who was borne from Trelle and then placed on the land which was now hers. “Go forth and rule this land which I have made for you,” Trelle did command unto Baala. And so Baala did as she was commanded, but did so with a heavy heart. ‘Great Trelle, Holy Mother, I am lonely,’ Baala confided. ‘I am always within your eye, but you are not within mine. I am at your touch, but I cannot touch you. Might I have a companion to bring me happiness as I have brought you happiness?’ Trelle responded ‘but I have made you mistress of all, lord over all things. Does this not make you happy that the vulpar and the freba and the greel all give homage to you? Does the vulpar not comfort you when you are sad, or the freba sing to you when you are pensive, or the greel play with you when you are happy?’ And Baala did respond ‘they are but animals, Holy Mother. I cannot speak with them. I would like someone to talk to, Holy Mother, someone like myself.’

“Moved by Baala’s lament, and seeing that the life which she placed upon the world was ephemereal and without the ability to continue itself, Trelle did move to both provide continuance to the life she had made and also provide Baala with her companion. Trelle did touch her belly once again and conceive inside herself another life. She bore forth Demir, the Consort, Swordbearer, and after finding that he was the complement to herself, the manhood to her womanhood, did she install him into her own domain and take him unto herself as her husband. She joined unto Demir as wife to husband, and thus did she conceive once more within herself Aris, the Child Goddess. Pleased with the natural state of things, so did Trelle proclaim ‘so shall it be for all living things, for there to be a mother, and a father, and for them to join together to bring forth children.’ And so did Trelle take a drop of blood from Demir and touch it to Aris upon her belly, and cause her to conceive a mortal son, the First Man, and did Aris make him complement Baala to be her wise and loving companion. This son did Aris name Baaen, and place him with Baala. ‘Thus you are given what you craved, mortal daughter,’ did Trell proclaim. ‘Aris has given unto you her son to be your husband and your companion, the wisdom to complement your strength, which you must treasure and protect as you protect yourself. Go forth and join to him as wife to husband and conceive new life, as I have ordained it to be as nature intended.’ And so did Demir take up his sword and prick his finger, and from his blood did a male come to be to complement every female of every life which crawled or swam or walked or flew, which Trelle did already create, and did the gods thus establish the natural order of things that Trelle designed.”
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel ,do the faey have Missionaries or bible bashers , like we do here?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

More or less yeah, but I don't delve into those kinds of things by conscious choice. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
casper2222
Initiate

Post by casper2222 »

thats a wise idea
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

oh great all we need a bunch of Trelle witness's running around the Galaxy

Just hope we don't end up with the Faey version of hare krishna's hanging out at all the Stargates.

Humm If Jason could invent a few of those he could sic them on the .....
naw bad idea forget it they might get loose and infect the galaxy
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Phantom wrote:oh great all we need a bunch of Trelle witness's running around the Galaxy
:shock:

ROFLMAO!!
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Wolfee wrote:
Phantom wrote:oh great all we need a bunch of Trelle witness's running around the Galaxy

ROFLMAO!!
:lol:
Trying to imagine, a bunch of Faey bible bashers preaching the gospel on the corner. With great diffculity I might add.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

dellstart wrote:
Wolfee wrote:

ROFLMAO!!
:lol:
Trying to imagine, a bunch of Faey bible bashers preaching the gospel on the corner. With great diffculity I might add.
Nuisance laws are on the books against the Faey bible bashers standing on a street corner and broadcasting to the entire city.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
konman
Da'Shar

Post by konman »

Why do you think the Faey originally developed the mindstriker's?
Everyone has A photographic memory.
Some just don't have any film!
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Any chance of getting something like the "Thanks For Posts" installed and perhaps tweaked a bit so that it works like facebook's "like" button? It is rather simple to edit and change the 'thanks_mod.php' file and replace the text of thanks and gratitudes with likes and liked in the list. There are times on this forum like for example Phantom's post above about "Trelle's Witnesses" when you badly need a "like" button just to show how much you've enjoyed a certain post.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.