Hmm?

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Darkchiun
Talent

Hmm?

Post by Darkchiun »

Something has been bugging me lately, and that is that in the subjugation universe even after earth was basically free to do on it's own they didn't really try and do much for themselves. The only thing that was mentioned that earth did was the linking of the brain to a computer. I'd think that there would be quite a few people who lived on earth and that had the resources that would try and build both weapons and ships with the new technology that they had available. Namely the people who did such things before the subjugation would wish to resume it using the new technology's they have available.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Hmm?

Post by dellstart »

Darkchiun wrote:Something has been bugging me lately, and that is that in the subjugation universe even after earth was basically free to do on it's own they didn't really try and do much for themselves. The only thing that was mentioned that earth did was the linking of the brain to a computer. I'd think that there would be quite a few people who lived on earth and that had the resources that would try and build both weapons and ships with the new technology that they had available. Namely the people who did such things before the subjugation would wish to resume it using the new technology's they have available.
Good question, my take is that since we are so super 'focused" on karis and house karrine , its not really mentioned.
Mad monk and I, had a similar type of questions,( ie just what the hell is going on Earth during this entire eposide) which was the basis of our brief mini series.
gmanjynx
Novice

Post by gmanjynx »

I agree it would be interesting to see what they Earthikins have been working on. I am not sure it would be anything really revolutionary since Jason seems to be absorbing anything of interest.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

gmanjynx wrote:I agree it would be interesting to see what they Earthikins have been working on. I am not sure it would be anything really revolutionary since Jason seems to be absorbing anything of interest.
Then again, Jason has been keeping his eye on the academy. So if anything was to originate from Terra, he would be aware of it.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

With Jason, Cybi, and the Kemdori all watching Earth, it's nearly impossible for anything major to come out of there. Also the educational opertunities are unpresedented and another house is still responsible for food production on the planet. Doesn't leave much room for an unknown intety to bring different tech around. Also remember all the planets nations are back with a powerful UN general assembly overseeing it all with Jason in charge. Anyone showing any promise is quickly introduced to the right groups that can utilize their tallent. As show by the number of humans in military, or research.