Tribulation 9 (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kal
Katzh-dashi

Tribulation 9 (spoilers)

Post by kal »

there are some intteresting twists there im looking foreward to the next book to see how it all turns out
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: Tribulation 9 (spoilers)

Post by SYED »

There was this sci fi story about how a material called quakium, made from unique quarks, quarks the same flavour, was actually a bigger explosive then anti matter. Possible new bomb.

with a forward system, build a better mass catapult, also can an indictor or gate be fired by catapult. catapult could be shared with confed, may allow them to invade lockes systems, but karinne and kimdori could still jump along thei route.allows shipps to leave locked space. would a jump catapult be cheaper then a gate, would allow for fleet easily moved.

base get more docks, expand the industries, any space based industry or for base should be set up. buillg gates and catapults

karinnes will be forced to slap down some crazy fools. will the shio be upgraded to be bio compatable and telepathix. karrines will be seen favourably by thr alliance and shio, what with house karrine getting so many aliens, dahnai could leverage that to bring them to her. to might the enemy they need a fleet capable. the feay had the best fleet over all, only reason they didnt go conquering was that, the other empiress would have united against them. withh morridan loans, they will rebuild themselves, with the moon a focus point of industry. with the food replicator upgrade can new metals be created or does jason keep that advantage.

the mass catapult, what if they attemted to attack it, and let them think they failed, rig it so invest more materials, drain resources.

fighters made for capital ships, fighters, defences, atmosphere and deep space, missiles and long rang attacks. when ready get fighters fixed with nanite and satan marblemissiles, eliminate all space base inferstructure.

ask kkimdori to aquire as many alien tech databases as possible, to allow cybi motr tech to synthesis. as well as allow for more tech hybrids and advances.
build a karrine military academy, offer scholorships for service. start active recruitment.
.S.A.M.K.M
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Ah...... I was expecting a more ... bigger cliff hanger ending. Sigh Momentous moment for the ending of the book. Like at least destroying that FTL thingy and then realise it is more than that. Or actually bumped into a war between the 2 alien empires.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

Biggest cliffhanger would have been to wake only up out of the coma in the next book
, after the news about the dark being threat, Jason promised not to leave his house, then goes to leave it anyway and goes into a coma...

my first thoughts about the coma was that he was trapped in some kind of dream, that he wouldnt wake up out of the coma. becus the ganglia thing was the result of some consortium virus.

but i am glad Fel didnt go for this old, predictable 'dream' plot
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Mizriath wrote:Ah...... I was expecting a more ... bigger cliff hanger ending. Sigh Momentous moment for the ending of the book. Like at least destroying that FTL thingy and then realise it is more than that. Or actually bumped into a war between the 2 alien empires.
well there is still the question of what exactly CIBI is doing ...and with full suport of the kimdori too.

but now we have the possibility of weaponizing a Kimdori virus? and the Nanovirus they are using on the ship

another Big question i still have is what happened to the Crew of the Simitar ? ....some time back it was said
the those on Exile weren't from the Simitar.

Which ask's the question how many Scout ships were away from home when the attack happened.

were all the ships beside the Simitar completely destroyed or could there still be Ships floating around with out power
out there somewhere.

the other question is who realy sent the spys was it realy Dahnai who sent them ?

hummm

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Dregrin
Novice

Post by Dregrin »

Hmm........
where to start on this one.......
First off i cant wait to see all of Jasons new toys brought to bear against the consortium. thats goign to be a fun read.
Secondly, it seems to me that Yila's mechinations seem to have gotten her rather close to Jason and has family. I've come to like her as Jason has.. and given that stare i can see them ending up in bed together.. possibly with kumi as well.

But that cliff hanger..... Cybi has reoppened the generation program files... but the question is, is she making Jason more Faey, more Kimdori, or something stronger all together...
For all we know shes planning to make him immortal.

One thing is definate, without Jason everything falls to pieces, they may not admit it.. or even realize it, but each of the leaders involved in the confederacy, including our resident Empress, can not press forward without Jason, he keeps them in check and forces them to move when its nessessary, like this nanites plan, in the end the entire galaxy has come to revolve around the movments of one man. now weather this one man is truely in control, or being manipulated by outside forces. That will be interesting to see.

I personally hope Cybi is making Jason stronger, then it will be interesting when the rest of the house starts noticing his sending strenghening, or when Jason himself notices he can easily pick up a hovercar without being boosted.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Dregrin wrote: <snip>
But that cliff hanger..... Cybi has reoppened the generation program files... but the question is, is she making Jason more Faey, more Kimdori, or something stronger all together...
For all we know shes planning to make him immortal.

<snip>
I personally hope Cybi is making Jason stronger, then it will be interesting when the rest of the house starts noticing his sending strenghening, or when Jason himself notices he can easily pick up a hovercar without being boosted.
Even more interesting would be him becoming able to regenerate injuries with kimdori viruses in his blood, or perhaps acquiring the ability to shape shift or even share the way Kimdori do with all creatures. Currently he can only do it with Kimdori and possibly other generations though this has not actually been mentioned anywhere.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Even more interesting would be him becoming able to regenerate injuries with kimdori viruses in his blood, or perhaps acquiring the ability to shape shift or even share the way Kimdori do with all creatures. Currently he can only do it with Kimdori and possibly other generations though this has not actually been mentioned anywhere.
I thought it was a given that Generations could commune or share with each other. When Jason first started learning he was a generation he could detect other Generations just as he could detect Kimdori. All Generations can commune with Cybi so I assumed they could commune between themselves.

While reading the explanation of his treatment plan I kept thinking that he was going to become a shape shifter and be able to travel to the Kimdori home world because he can tollerate the radiation levels. Will his new offspring have the same benefits? Will there be a new version of the Generations that will take the house to new hights? The one great benefit is the high risk of cancer within the Generation line that will certainly be eliminated in Jason and further progeni, but not necessarily in his current children. But I'm sure he is going to insist that all Generations be treated if possible. But apparently its not something all Generations, or even all of his children can undergo.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

lapland wrote:I thought it was a given that Generations could commune or share with each other. When Jason first started learning he was a generation he could detect other Generations just as he could detect Kimdori. All Generations can commune with Cybi so I assumed they could commune between themselves.
Yes the Generations can commune with each other. A good reference is at the Imperial palace when Jason communes with Rann to avoid being detected by any listeners. Some powerful telepaths can detect that a form of telepathy is taking place.

I also share the feeling that the Kimdori virus is going to have some unexpected side effects. It is also another warning sign that the Kimdori have their own agendas that might not fit with Jason's. Jason got a number of headaches when he discovered his other abilities (telepathy and telekinesis) which makes me think that there might be something more going on. It's interesting that Cybi finds it easier to commune with Jason than the other Generations. Why couldn't a custom biogenic interface be made for the two human Generations and their different thought processes? I can only recall that human generations have problems with cancer but that might be due to the more advanced faey medicine.

The Parri Shaman and their abilities are becoming more interesting as time goes by. That they appeared when the energy being was captured and able to control it to a certain extent shows some surprising sophistication in their abilities.

Jason's new policy of having three or four planets in each quadrant both drives house wealth and security but also provides absolute self-sufficiency when/if the Karinnes split from the Imperium. 
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Or takes over the Imperium real control. He who controls the Universes food supply controls the Universe. Who messes with the only person who can both grow and deliver your food. The Imperium only has about three good food growing planets, and Jason has plans for dozens more. Already with his measly small military, the rest of the Universe can't imagine taking him on because he is the military of the universe. Remember when three of his little relic ships cut down almost two dozen house ships and all of them bigger then his? Now he has big ships and they are getting bigger. He is letting everyone know he can totally control his own destiny, and they are at HIS pleasure. Shape up or he may be displeased and cut you off. With the food production planets scattered across the galaxy no one else can get to them without his help. He will have bases of operation for any uprising, possibly deciding war between races is now illigal and he will intervien if anyone invades another country. Jason is ultimately in control of Terra, but he has little day to day control because he has the UN to do that. For the Universe he needs to set up a type of UN to control the universe with the untimate control in his hands. Be civil or else.....
cagefire2000
Talent

Post by cagefire2000 »

This may come out of left field, but in this latest chapter of tribulation, did anybody start thinking of alex mercer from the prototype video game when they described how the kimdori physiology functioned? Specificallly the consuming and shape shifting and virus parts.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the next chapter, hopefully I'll actually get the notice this time since despite being subscribed, I don't remember getting an email about this latest chapter, I only found it after checking the forum on a whim when my brother mentioned he finally got caught up with the story. I'm wondering if I didn't notice it and deleted it be accident, or if it got flagged by my spam filter for some reason.

I too am wondering what exactly cybi is trying to accomplish. Well, I think I know, but I don't know what the end result will be.
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

lapland wrote:Or takes over the Imperium real control. He who controls the Universes food supply controls the Universe. Who messes with the only person who can both grow and deliver your food. The Imperium only has about three good food growing planets, and Jason has plans for dozens more. Already with his measly small military, the rest of the Universe can't imagine taking him on because he is the military of the universe. Remember when three of his little relic ships cut down almost two dozen house ships and all of them bigger then his? Now he has big ships and they are getting bigger. He is letting everyone know he can totally control his own destiny, and they are at HIS pleasure. Shape up or he may be displeased and cut you off. With the food production planets scattered across the galaxy no one else can get to them without his help. He will have bases of operation for any uprising, possibly deciding war between races is now illigal and he will intervien if anyone invades another country. Jason is ultimately in control of Terra, but he has little day to day control because he has the UN to do that. For the Universe he needs to set up a type of UN to control the universe with the untimate control in his hands. Be civil or else.....
He has said that he would never make the people suffer shortage of food but he's got more toys like Hello kitten, To take the stupidity out of the nobles. .... I sooo want to see more toys .

And about the ships. Now that everyone are getting better tech. Everyone and his uncel will get bad idees that they can get away with things. I hope that Jason comes out with something new that will make there new ships they are happy about, is going to look like 200 year old junk. .... Im just waiting for a death star or something like that =)
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Bored at work today and read chapter 9 again.... So what are the odds Jason and Yila Trefani just might have a child as well... I can see it now 2 or 3 of the younger Grand Duchesses lining up to argue about in which order Jason should get them pregnant during a meeting of the Siann.
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Wolfee wrote:Bored at work today and read chapter 9 again.... So what are the odds Jason and Yila Trefani just might have a child as well... I can see it now 2 or 3 of the younger Grand Duchesses lining up to argue about in which order Jason should get them pregnant during a meeting of the Siann.

Hmmm I wounder how many kids he will have when he kicks the bucket at the rate he goes at it i would guess A LOT =)
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

yeppers, he prolly will.

On a random note , do we know anything about Jason extended family on either hes mother or Fathers side.Might be some interesting side topics to explore.