Tribulation Chapter 8 (Spoilers!)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Tribulation Chapter 8 (Spoilers!)

Post by Lochar »

He'd still want to do the symbolic thing, IE: Press the button that launches the galaxy killer.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:He'd still want to do the symbolic thing, IE: Press the button that launches the galaxy killer.
Definitely agreed. Though, seeing how he reacted to the Consortium killing all the people they did, I think he'd have problems pushing that button. Especially knowing he was going to be committing genocide on an entire galaxy--the number of dead counted not in trillions or quadrillions, but potentially nonillion or decillions. For those keeping score, a nonillion is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1x10^30) and a decillion is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1x10^33).

Or perhaps even more than that. It's hard for us uneducated humans to truly know how much life is in the Universe.

:twisted:
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Fiferguy wrote:So yes, I think she would literally tie him to a chair in the basement if he tried to leave Karis.
And yet "tying him to a chair" wouldn't stop him from freeing himself. Jason is an expert in martial arts, probably better than the Imperial Guards plus he is a much more powerful psionic than them when boosted by the biogenic relays, which Cybi is unlikely to prevent him from using. Plus his history with the marines when they tried to make his life difficult shows he has a knack of pulling off something completely unexpected and immobilizing with just a few generic tools.

If Jason wanted to bypass his protectors it's likely only another Generation with assistance from Cybi could stop him, assuming any plan of his didn't leave them guessing. He could probably even operate a battleship unaided.

So unless they keep him permanently drugged...
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

expedient wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:So yes, I think she would literally tie him to a chair in the basement if he tried to leave Karis.
And yet "tying him to a chair" wouldn't stop him from freeing himself. Jason is an expert in martial arts, probably better than the Imperial Guards plus he is a much more powerful psionic than them when boosted by the biogenic relays, which Cybi is unlikely to prevent him from using. Plus his history with the marines when they tried to make his life difficult shows he has a knack of pulling off something completely unexpected and immobilizing with just a few generic tools.

If Jason wanted to bypass his protectors it's likely only another Generation with assistance from Cybi could stop him, assuming any plan of his didn't leave them guessing. He could probably even operate a battleship unaided.

So unless they keep him permanently drugged...
Even then, remember that Cybi is alive and has thoughts, emotions, and impulses of her own. If she saw that Jason was about to do something monumentally stupid that might get himself killed, I believe she WOULD stop him. Disable any ship he was trying to use and keep him on Karis, or just knock him out cold. And even if he somehow managed to get of Karis, a towing beam from the Aegis, a Wolf fighter, etc. would put a short stop to that. He is a pilot, but even he's said he's not the best. And the ENTIRE KMS would hunt him down, to protect him if nothing else. So I still say it's 99% safe to say that Jason isn't leaving Karis anytime soon.

Of course, Fel just LOVES to prove me wrong, but he's already stated several times in the book that Jason isn't allowed to leave. He's not going anywhere.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Wolfee wrote:The difference between Jason and Koira here is that this more than just about the survival of the Karinnes as it was with Koira. This is for all the marbles...for everyone's marbles. In the end Jason will sacrifice of himself, his morality, the ability to look himself in the mirror to safe-guard the rights of others to live and breath freely.
I don't think we're at this point yet but if we do reach it; maybe. Jason may view many of the races in the Consortium and Syndicate as being subjugated like Terra was and find it impossible to cross that line.

The true solution lies within the Generations themselves it's just a matter of discovery. Was Jason's headache solely to do with stress or was it an awakening of more abilities like in the first book?
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Fiferguy wrote:Of course, Fel just LOVES to prove me wrong, but he's already stated several times in the book that Jason isn't allowed to leave. He's not going anywhere.
Yeah, it's when Fel states stuff like this I go looking for loopholes he might have left behind... Ultimately this story is about Jason so I'm inclined to think that either the main game-changing action happens on Karis or he heads off towards it.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

No ,jason would ( whats the world again Tunnel? ) his inner Tarrin and all bets would be off.

I am very surprised ,none have raised the whole issue of the The Human /computer experiment.The ramifications of this are huge , where you will have literal generations at your disposal.Makes one one what will be the difference between a generation and a wired up human , except for the major difference of being TK, or sensing kimdori.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

dellstart wrote:No ,jason would ( whats the world again Tunnel? ) his inner Tarrin and all bets would be off.

I am very surprised ,none have raised the whole issue of the The Human /computer experiment.The ramifications of this are huge , where you will have literal generations at your disposal.Makes one one what will be the difference between a generation and a wired up human , except for the major difference of being TK, or sensing kimdori.
The difference is telepathy in general. Human generations, and human-faey hybrids are telepathic, while the humans in the experiment are not. They would only be able to interface via hardwire, not communion like Jason and the rest of the Generations.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fiferguy wrote:
dellstart wrote:No ,jason would ( whats the world again Tunnel? ) his inner Tarrin and all bets would be off.

The difference is telepathy in general. Human generations, and human-faey hybrids are telepathic, while the humans in the experiment are not. They would only be able to interface via hardwire, not communion like Jason and the rest of the Generations.

Good point. That's a valid and major difference, on the range and ability to access the data.That aside however, there's not all that much difference.once your logged in , that's pretty much it.Give an adavantage over the faey in this area.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

dellstart wrote:Good point. That's a valid and major difference, on the range and ability to access the data.That aside however, there's not all that much difference.once your logged in , that's pretty much it.Give an adavantage over the faey in this area.
Over normal, mundane Faey sure. But not over a Generation. And what happens if there's a major electrical feedback in the system of a hardwired human? It'd fry the brain--even if you had uber safeties installed. A safety is merely a mechanical or electrical device that can fail. Personally, I would much rather have remote control over something instead of being hardwired into it. I'm sure that's a remote possibility given the level of tech we're talking about, but it's still a possibility.

And remember, all fighter pilots are REQUIRED to have telepathy. It's a major component of their strategy--mindstrikers and normal telepaths in fighters that get close to other ships and make them do what they want them to. The wired humans wouldn't have this ability at all. They would be good as pilots/operators in larger ships or as sensor operators though.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fiferguy wrote:

Actually I caught that and figured Jason could now build 10+ carriers and get all a majority of the pilots from earth and was promptly distracted and forgot to specifically post something on it... On the other hand I could have SWORN I posted something about Jason's being from earth so he should know enough military history to recall the switch over from battleships being the primary capital ships to carriers being the primary, so he has an idea what can be done in this respect where the other leaders won't.

He can now recruit Terran fighter pilots by the thousands and teenagers who grew-up playing video games, who have seen all the old Terran sci-fi classics and want to be a star fighter pilot. Hell as human movies and entertainment are viewed by the Fey, they just might want to join up and fly the ultimate new fighter ship the Karinne wolf. ((Coming to a Fey arcade near YOU! The Last Star Fighters 2!! With 3d and for the first time ever in a video game, simulated gravity! By Voltech Entertainment!)) :lol:

Several thing I wish Fel would take the time to delve into a little bit, is more of how Fey and Humans are doing on Earth. There has got to be some new young hybrids born on earth. I am also surprised that Jason behind the scenes isn't doing all he can to insure more halflings are born. Why? Simply not to breed out the human race, but to give humanity the genes required for telepathic abilities as naturally as possible. As long as the Kainnes are around and which they will be for many years to come I am sure, why not strengthen both races by tying them together. If done right it will strengthen the human race by giving them telepathy. It will strengthen the Fey by giving them a race that they seem to be embracing with open arms. I wouldn't be surprised to see a snippet of 500-1000 years down the road at the end of the Karinne series where Fey and Terrans are almost one race. On the other hand Fel does like to mix things up so who knows.

I am really look'n forward to the next chapters.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Wolfee wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:

Actually I caught that and figured Jason could now build 10+ carriers and get all a majority of the pilots from earth and was promptly distracted and forgot to specifically post something on it... On the other hand I could have SWORN I posted something about Jason's being from earth so he should know enough military history to recall the switch over from battleships being the primary capital ships to carriers being the primary, so he has an idea what can be done in this respect where the other leaders won't.

He can now recruit Terran fighter pilots by the thousands and teenagers who grew-up playing video games, who have seen all the old Terran sci-fi classics and want to be a star fighter pilot. Hell as human movies and entertainment are viewed by the Fey, they just might want to join up and fly the ultimate new fighter ship the Karinne wolf. ((Coming to a Fey arcade near YOU! The Last Star Fighters 2!! With 3d and for the first time ever in a video game, simulated gravity! By Voltech Entertainment!)) :lol:

Several thing I wish Fel would take the time to delve into a little bit, is more of how Fey and Humans are doing on Earth. There has got to be some new young hybrids born on earth. I am also surprised that Jason behind the scenes isn't doing all he can to insure more halflings are born. Why? Simply not to breed out the human race, but to give humanity the genes required for telepathic abilities as naturally as possible. As long as the Kainnes are around and which they will be for many years to come I am sure, why not strengthen both races by tying them together. If done right it will strengthen the human race by giving them telepathy. It will strengthen the Fey by giving them a race that they seem to be embracing with open arms. I wouldn't be surprised to see a snippet of 500-1000 years down the road at the end of the Karinne series where Fey and Terrans are almost one race. On the other hand Fel does like to mix things up so who knows.

I am really look'n forward to the next chapters.
Actually the whole reason we (mad monk and myself) wrote assimilation was to answer that question.We are having an extended vacation right now , but hopefully will return soon. we chose the period right after the ascendancy of house karrine as the earth adjusts to the new order. Plenty of upheavals and conflict to write about :twisted:
I actually have penned an almost complete chapter , that deals directly with this issue .However i am loath to release it, without MM or my he wants to remain anonymous looking it over.
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

prediction for the futur: Jason developes telesentient and/or television abilities (perhaps that's a human-bred ability, with all those people with a 6th sense out there, and mixed with his generations dna it re-enforced that somehow) and will be able to strike at the consortium from any range, but with great dificulty and/or only after the consortium finished their interdictor-buster and executed a large-scale attack on karis, earth or draconis. Or he'll be able to spy on the consortium himself with this ability and use it to direct the generation on the aegis where to attack.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

If there is a biogenic computer on a ship and Jason is connected to Cybi, couldn't he directly commune with the ships computer thus fully control the ship from safely tucked away on his home world?
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

lapland wrote:If there is a biogenic computer on a ship and Jason is connected to Cybi, couldn't he directly commune with the ships computer thus fully control the ship from safely tucked away on his home world?
I forget where it is, but I think that for the amplification part of the biogenics/generations to work they have to be in physical contact with the computer itself. Like when Jason and Cybi defended Karis, Cybi actually touched Jason. I think he could control the ship, but not use his amplification. It would have to broadcast his telepathy, and not even the Karinnes could do that. For interstellar communication, they convert his thought to gravband or Teryon transmissions.