Tribulation (spoilers) chapter 6

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Tribulation (spoilers) chapter 6

Post by lagomilo »

First one!!! woohoooo!!!!

question? what about the FTL drive info that was supposed to be sent to the consortium??

lago
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Tribulation (spoilers) chapter 6

Post by dellstart »

well I have only been through it once , so i need a few re reads to comment properly but perhaps that was part of the hidden " weapons development" that zaa and her folks have yet to penetrate. wouldn't be surprised , if they have some nasty tricks up their sleeves
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

SO two more shio systems, then the alliance, then will likly head for alien empire. now they will learn how to stop planet killers, with a bunch of shio volenteer s for the war. greyhawk will have to join the imperium to gain the resources to rebuild. kimdori will sneak nanite weaponry into key locations stations and PK.

with the the killer consortium, wont they use that last staion to attack the planet. Will the energy being be watching these systems. Now they have a plan to indict that forward system, just blind the system first. ALso forward system would allow allies to attack that alien empire. INdict as they attack, so isolate their forces and ambush.

will jason be able to set the same ambush, stocking up on traps.

IS any of the alliance or alien empire imune to telepathy.

The karrine defense platforms, limited in number, so what would be the use. THe consortium is building their own drones, so i wonder if they will adapt them to some kind a automatic fighter.
.S.A.M.K.M
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Battles! It was good to see all these empires working together so well (in the end).

It's funny how all those leaders listen to Jason and trust his judgement after bickering amongst themselves.

Jason is also showing a weird form of classic Faey male behavior by being very sensitive over the losses. I'm guessing that this helps him appeal to the faey women in particular. I wonder what the Skaa make of it. They are probably going to lose a few of these planet's populations. :cry:

Looks like Jason has decided to give the Imperium the torsion shockwave defense weapons. It seems like a good choice too as they were very effective against the missiles the Consortium fired.  
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

ok its 3am so if i am waffling and not making sense , please excuse me.

1) I strongly disagree with your assessment of Jason. Jason is neither weak , ladylike or showing anything like typical Faey male behavior, what Jason has is a big heart and the virtue of true compassion. He feels and see people, homes , families , lovers not numbers , thus the true magnitude of such an atrocity hit him very very very hard. I wish a lot of people in real life would have just a quarter of his compassion or humanity.Its not weak to cry over some one else loss or pain or feel guilt over causing some one else hardship.That's what a true leader does and is.

2)From this chapter , i guess we can put to rest the speculation from the last chapter about the sector becoming one big happy family.Like we assumed ,its a temporary thing.
Though the Urumi and faey kind of remind me of The UK and the US. it seems to be a bond much deeper than say the skaaa and Faey who are just doing this to avoid mutual destruction.There seems to be the start a true partnership as long as some Faey empress doesn't put her foot in it. cant wait to see how Jason is going to yank her chain back to reality.

Jason karrine truthfully become the watch dog or guardian of the faey , as Dahnai mentioned all that time before.Not only for the imperium but for the others as well.The karrine name carries a lot of weight and i agree with expedient it was humorous to see them all stop in mid stride as soon as he entered the room.

3) the consortium learned first hand , the advantages of " fighter warfare" , its going to be interesting to see , what they do to counterbalance that. They will as syed has surmised probably use some type of drone system or something similar, till they develop (if possible ) their own.I also think expedient is right as well , that Jason is going to have to throw the other Empires or the Imperium a bone . if that means
torsion shockwave defense weapons we will have to see.

4) just as an aside where was symone as faithful wife number two , in all this drama , looks like she was missing in action. amu dozi and all that.seemed to strange to mention dahani and not mrs bubbly herself.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

dellstart wrote:1) I strongly disagree with your assessment of Jason. Jason is neither weak , ladylike or showing anything like typical Faey male behavior, what Jason has is a big heart and the virtue of true compassion. He feels and see people, homes , families , lovers not numbers , thus the true magnitude of such an atrocity hit him very very very hard. I wish a lot of people in real life would have just a quarter of his compassion or humanity.Its not weak to cry over some one else loss or pain or feel guilt over causing some one else hardship.That's what a true leader does and is.
I don't see the comparison as an insult or a sign of some weakness. Faey males are stereotyped as sensitive and compassionate, artistic and generally similar to women in Jane Austin novels are expected to be. There are sides to Jason that definitely do not fit with Faey males, particularly his physicality and leadership roles. My thought was that when he shows these signs of high emotion he is meeting some aspects of that stereotype and the Faey warrior women are drawn even more to his side, both gathering to protect him and to follow him. At least that's what it looks like to me. 
from chapter 6, Fel wrote:The Consortium returned fire with their gravometric missiles, launching them at the formation as it changed, as the Skaa and Alliance ships fell back and Faey battle cruisers took the lead, a move the Consortium would not find strange, given how much intelligence they had on the Faey.  Faey ships were equipped with Torsion shockwave generators, an application of Torsion effect the Consortium had not fully explored or utilized, and those ships took the brunt of the retaliatory missile attack.
I meant that Jason's already given the Imperium these weapons. We'll have to see if he spreads the love (mass destructive effect :wink: ).
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

THe faey may be the only ones capable of using them, they do have superior plasma technology.

THe consortium believes in striking back hard, so now they will want revenge, so skaa are likly to suffer, an other example, a station or domed colony. The consortium know s they have to attack the skaa now or they will get no chance till they get the new engines or a way around indictors.
.S.A.M.K.M
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

expedient wrote:
dellstart wrote:1) I strongly disagree with your assessment of Jason. Jason is neither weak , ladylike or showing anything like typical Faey male behavior, what Jason has is a big heart and the virtue of true compassion. He feels and see people, homes , families , lovers not numbers , thus the true magnitude of such an atrocity hit him very very very hard. I wish a lot of people in real life would have just a quarter of his compassion or humanity.Its not weak to cry over some one else loss or pain or feel guilt over causing some one else hardship.That's what a true leader does and is.
I don't see the comparison as an insult or a sign of some weakness. Faey males are stereotyped as sensitive and compassionate, artistic and generally similar to women in Jane Austin novels are expected to be. There are sides to Jason that definitely do not fit with Faey males, particularly his physicality and leadership roles. My thought was that when he shows these signs of high emotion he is meeting some aspects of that stereotype and the Faey warrior women are drawn even more to his side, both gathering to protect him and to follow him. At least that's what it looks like to me. 
from chapter 6, Fel wrote:The Consortium returned fire with their gravometric missiles, launching them at the formation as it changed, as the Skaa and Alliance ships fell back and Faey battle cruisers took the lead, a move the Consortium would not find strange, given how much intelligence they had on the Faey.  Faey ships were equipped with Torsion shockwave generators, an application of Torsion effect the Consortium had not fully explored or utilized, and those ships took the brunt of the retaliatory missile attack.
I meant that Jason's already given the Imperium these weapons. We'll have to see if he spreads the love (mass destructive effect :wink: ).
Funnily enough , what attracts the Faey (besides his good looks ) is not his " feminine side" ,its his spunky male attitude.
Throughout the Novels , beginning from that zarina in the theater , they all wish their husbands or lovers would display or show some of the oomph that Jason has in buckets.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

expedient wrote:
Funnily enough , what attracts the Faey (besides his good looks ) is not his " feminine side" ,its his spunky male attitude.
Throughout the Novels , beginning from that zarina in the theater , they all wish their husbands or lovers would display or show some of the oomph that Jason has in buckets. A trait not so readily found in the average faey male.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

dellstart wrote:Funnily enough , what attracts the Faey (besides his good looks ) is not his " feminine side" ,its his spunky male attitude.
Throughout the Novels , beginning from that zarina in the theater , they all wish their husbands or lovers would display or show some of the oomph that Jason has in buckets. A trait not so readily found in the average faey male.
Yeah, he is ultimate Faey action chickguy. :wink:

But seriously, he appeals to both sides; tough and compassionate.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Whether the sincitive side appeals to the Faey, it will definitly appeal to other races. He had a near catatonic breakdown for another races losses. Faey look at numbers as do many other leaders, but Jason looks at the people involved without respect to race or gender. Very much antipathy to normal rulers and especially Faey rulers. They have seen his mean side. They have seen his cunning. Now they see his compassion. Every race will respect him as a kind ruler that is out for the best of all races, not for any self serving indeavor. All doubts are now laid aside and he is the one they all look to for guidance. The Impress may lead the Faey, but rether he likes it or not, he leads the coalition. They bicker until he enters the room. He does what he has to do and they catch up with him when they get their heads out of their own behinds.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Because they trust him, small unaligned worlds will join the imperium, so closer to him and be able to gain full benefit of of karinne help. DAhnai would love to get them all in the imperium, and if they join because of jason, then bigger group aimed at not taking her throne. Using the jason opportunity to convince the little guys to join through peaceful means would give a better picture of the imperium.

The jobodi are a militant dictatorship, wouldnt they want to join the baddest army around,

shio have been givern santuary on earth, want revenge and security, why wouldnt they want feay assistance, just get a house deal like jason has for earth.

The colonists are safe, but the least militerised, except for new defences, will see the threat of thousands of ships, want the weapons to arm themselves and fight. Also the consortium poses a threat to all those with mental abilities.

The urumni are a group doubtful to join but could be possible. the blood queen rules by divine right, so if she supports joining, most would follow. tech upgrades and power next to the empress would be cost. with additional manpower, the empire with indictors and gates could rapidly expannd its holdings. also reduces the power of noble houses against her. the empress did defeat the blood queen in single combat before a priest, usually if a queen is defeated they lose the top position.

The alliance worlds need to be conqueredc and rebuilt, good chance if dahnai plays it right they could remain in her hands under jasons watchful eyes.

Alien empire saved from death and slavery, eager to join the fight, could be for the taking.

So 2 shio systems and the alliance completly need to be saved. THat tens of systems, with many station and domed colonies, some wont be saved. Jakkan worlds are irradiated correct, so could be problem. so if they divide the consortium fleet up, around 300 ships per system. Could make the allies bleed ships.

The consortium wants revenge the only option take on skaa systems.
Last edited by SYED on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
.S.A.M.K.M
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

No other race trust the Imperium at all. Especially with thier future. They do however trust Jason and by extension the Kerrienes implicitly. Jason may not like it, and others may not fully accept it, but everyr one knows that Jason runs the coalition. The closest any other race is willing to go is formalize the coalition with the Kerrines as overseers. In this unique possition the Imperium can claim some control over the coalition because they are technically over Jason, but I wouldn't want to see the Imperium try to force Jason's hand. It could get ugly very quickly and EVERYONE knows it. The ONLY way you can convience me that others will join the Imperium itself is if Fel declares it so because otherwise it makes no since. They despise each other. They don't trust each other in the least. You can't build a stable society with that kind of hatred at its base without an overseer that is trustworthy and honest and seen as impartial as Jason is.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Does anyone else think that the Consortium will burn the other two Shio planets in order to discourage the Confederation from re-taking any more worlds?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I doubt races hate them. THe distrust and dislike faey due to telepathy and their agressiveness, the small guys dont want to get conquered. THe urumni were angry about the academy slaughter, the skaa had border issues, alliance were trade competitors. RIght now people are thankful for the faey aggressiveness as it would keep them safe, the urumni are appeased, the alliance need faey help, and the skaa need to rebuild.

The skaa have the most numerous and least advanced ships so for likly to sacrifice for the greater good. ONly ally open to attack, so will suffer for their opposition.

If they build a catapult in forward system, confederation can help in the attacks.
.S.A.M.K.M