Tribulation (SPOILERS) Chapter 4

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Re: Tribulation (SPOILERS) Chapter 4

Post by lapland »

They may be loosing and badly in the other galaxy, but that doesn't mean they are few in number over there. Fel has already said they control a large part of the galaxy. That is a LOT of resourses. But despite that, they are loosing. If they can sacrifice a relatively small fleet for the chance to overwealm and acquire advanced technology that their enemy does not have then they can turn the war to their advantage. If the enemy found out about the Kerrines then they would try to acquire the tech instead, so the kerrines would be fighting on two fronts instead of just one. They would compete for who got the tech first.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The engine specs asked for could be altered do can cause them damage at request. If they refit all their ships, then good way to attack. THeir ftl engine has to very slow compared to hyper but should be faster enough to be tactily sound so instead of months, travel will be shorten to hours or less. If the karrines could effectively secure this tech for themselves, it would misdirect others when they eventual figure hoe to jump the field, into think the new ftl is the only way. ALso if their ships had it, with the new gating issue, be the fastest around. also if captured, that nebula will be open to attack, they dont know the coomms are accessed, so if they dont recieve the info, they will ask again so four and a half months to build the engines for a suprise attack. also a totally new engine tech, would open a great deal of new avenues to exploit.

If they elliminate the one that can astral project, they will be forced to expose them selves to danger. THe karrine worked for more telepathic, telekinetic power and perhaps empathy, did they ever tried to see what else their changes could do. ALso does the biogenic tech give they energy dude issues.

Warn every one that the enemy is after military suplies so they will be evacuated or destroyed denying them assets. so can be sent to fight with the confed.

Seeing as there are only four energy beings, they can mind power everyone into obediance, so either by forced or brain tech. you can really have a forced crew and have them fight really well, unless you want cannon fodder. they always have a place to run to the karinne.

When they set up gate near their main location, need to be many systems to do this too, just to make them watch more systems.

apart fro confed space, most of the other local groups will be shattered, the consortium is going for all out war for the database, they dont really care about keeping the systems and inferstructure intact for any thing else, so alot will be damaged., to keep the peace, the imperium will have to step in, no other race publicly has real time jumping locally, and the gates and indictors would make it simple. If the imperium growm so large, the collectice could make a deal, where the blood queen becomes one of the highest houses in the imperium, this is likly due to fighting together, and the need of man power and material to hold these systems. also it was said they were mildly xenophobic so having such a poweful and trusted ally as back up would be great. also would allow them to conquer house trillan and take the asssets for them selves.

the alliance is about trade right, so potential competion that the consortium would want dealt with.
Last edited by SYED on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
.S.A.M.K.M
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Syed brings up a excellent point. The Karinnes need to capture the FTL tech for themselves, retrofit or add on a engine pack. Then you can zip from gate to gate even faster and as Syed says it would be the fastest way to travel around.

Jason needs to exploit the hell outa the fact the snooper is affected by biogenic tech - if the Karrines can broadcast some generalized biogenic field out into subspace or even at light speed around all the star system than this is a possible back up or augmentation of what the shamens have done. If you can broadcast the signal into hyperspace with the same effects - you can blind them to whole quadrents of the galaxy.

Looking forward to the point when the Karinnes are the one no longer reacting to the Consortiums moves and are the ones on the offensive.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

I wonder what the Parri would have to say about Feng Sui and related philosophies? I can see a future for arboretums in battlecraft, to provide pleasant surroundings for Parri senior shaman.

Has anyone checked to see if Parri can detect or interface with biogenic computers? [That's merely being tossed out to inspire epileptic trees, I don't think it's likely.]

I also see a possible path for Grand Dukes Karrinne who abdicate in favor of their heir; study to be Parri shaman. The current Grand Duke might be able to pull it off, given his ability to go blank when meditating. Might recommend part of the heir's training be to study with the Parri, since that would open a whole new packet of skills, and might be good for their perspective on the world.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

kd7mvs wrote:I wonder what the Parri would have to say about Feng Sui and related philosophies? I can see a future for arboretums in battlecraft, to provide pleasant surroundings for Parri senior shaman.

Has anyone checked to see if Parri can detect or interface with biogenic computers? [That's merely being tossed out to inspire epileptic trees, I don't think it's likely.]

I also see a possible path for Grand Dukes Karrinne who abdicate in favor of their heir; study to be Parri shaman. The current Grand Duke might be able to pull it off, given his ability to go blank when meditating. Might recommend part of the heir's training be to study with the Parri, since that would open a whole new packet of skills, and might be good for their perspective on the world.
wouldn't be surprised , being mystics and all that.

As for the abortums in spacecraft , you remind me of an old anmie , which had or was powered in that way. what was its name ...mmm it will come back to me.Reminds of the old sci fi fick silent running as well.i
Have been doing a reread from Insurrection – when you look back in hindsight , you see the hand of parri ,here and there quite openly. For example , right before the attack on Cybi and Kosiningi, the shaman was there to give her blessing. interesting to say the least.

Also whats pretty evident , in these last few chahppies , is how Jason has come almost a full circle as a leader. Hes now almost the complete package , displaying true statesmanship and finally is standing on his own two feet.

BTW did we ever fully figure out what the purpose of Rahne's supposed attack on kellin was for. to what end would that have helped?

Though all this symone and gladiators foreshadowing , has me wondering not only if shes going to enlist but end up wounded or worse as a result...
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

dellstart wrote:As for the arboretums in spacecraft , you remind me of an old anime , which had or was powered in that way. what was its name ...mmm it will come back to me. Reminds of the old sci fi flick silent running as well.
Tenchi Muyo!, perchance?
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

kd7mvs wrote:
dellstart wrote:As for the arboretums in spacecraft , you remind me of an old anime , which had or was powered in that way. what was its name ...mmm it will come back to me. Reminds of the old sci fi flick silent running as well.
Tenchi Muyo!, perchance?

:D :D :D That's it.

Was one of my first anmies and it got me into the whole manga/Anmie thing. Was a pretty good series as well. I also believe I read the manga as well.
That does indeed bring back memories. thanks.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Interestingly I got into tenchi muyo because of reading the stories in the whateley academy universe http://www.crystalhall.org There is a character in there that I particularly like called Tennyo who is based on the tenchi muyo universe.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

afrigeek wrote:Interestingly I got into tenchi muyo because of reading the stories in the whateley academy universe http://www.crystalhall.org There is a character in there that I particularly like called Tennyo who is based on the tenchi muyo universe.
Which is precisely how I got into Tenchi Muyo! as well. I discovered Whateley via a posting on a thread concerning other good webfiction over here, posted, I believe, by Dellstart, which makes this a most recursive route to knowledge.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

rember, its said that the past will help the future. The karrines that wentt to earth, were exploring near the rim, so could encounter the consortium. Their biogenic systems may have affected them, that or the hyperspace energy used for communications did. Remmember, the consortium use different hyper energy then the karrine did, for a reason, could it harm the. So explains why they didnt try to spy on cybi. also biogenetis amplyfry abilities, does that include other abilities, also does it grant other abilities.

Also the ship was abandoned in a nebula, was it the same one as the karrine left their ship. If the pari can speak to spirits, can they find info mation about the past, so tal to the old karrine.

when ships go close to each other, their artificial gravity affects them, could fighter be equiped with somthing that causes the same thing.

when the fleets are refitted, they will go attack those stations, launching the jump missiles as soon as possible, the stations are stationary, so should be easy. If destroyed, eney will be forced to rely on foreign assets. so slow do
wn production, move hem to space filled with enemy.

the enemy sole goal cybi and her database, so as soon as a force big enough to break karis defences, and the combined confed fleet, they will do so.

the skaa domains will be soon dealt with, they sound like those to strugle to the end. the enemy pacify an empire one system at a time. have the rsoucres and productive fleets be givern to the faey for safe keeping while the skaa fleet does as much damage as possible.

can parri be sneaed onto those conquered worlds, so blind the consortium. will jason be taugght by the shaman.
Last edited by SYED on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
.S.A.M.K.M
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Anyone want to guess at the chemistry for the Parri biology? It's been a few years decades since I studied that kind of stuff but I keep thinking about potentially toxic (to humans/faey) processes.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

expedient wrote:Anyone want to guess at the chemistry for the Parri biology? It's been a few years decades since I studied that kind of stuff but I keep thinking about potentially toxic (to humans/faey) processes.
But what about Cybi? Apparently she can defend against the consortium engery being too? What do the two have in common? Is it something in the makeup of the two? Or is it how Cybi was made and the shamanistic religion of the Parri? Just thought I would bring it up. I, personally, don't even want to hazard a guess because every time I do Fel seems to find a way to prove me wrong... I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way though. :)
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Cougar2k2 wrote:
expedient wrote:Anyone want to guess at the chemistry for the Parri biology? It's been a few years decades since I studied that kind of stuff but I keep thinking about potentially toxic (to humans/faey) processes.
But what about Cybi? Apparently she can defend against the consortium engery being too? What do the two have in common? Is it something in the makeup of the two? Or is it how Cybi was made and the shamanistic religion of the Parri? Just thought I would bring it up. I, personally, don't even want to hazard a guess because every time I do Fel seems to find a way to prove me wrong... I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way though. :)
no your not!!

so u want to say that Cybi has a soul ?/
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

We know that the biogenetic systems expand a telepath power, allows cybi to be telepathic, and joined in communion, can vastly expand their abilities. Did the karrines ever test the system to see if it allows any other ability.

Do the karrine have the ability to send ships out of defended space unnoticed, so get to another system and carry out operation. They have the collective stealth, the one jason made, and the old karrines and kimdori have to have their own systems, they are all sneaky. once they can carry out operations unseen, they will target inferstructure, command, control and communication, and industry. one way to help stealth is create a device so sensors will be fooled that drop ships are warships and warships are drop ship, so multiple launches at the same time. missile and bombsing raids on assets, do the kimdori have enough missiles for the stations. how long as indiction need, becuase if they hide some in systems, then wait for the enemy to leave it for a while, they could possibly loses access to the system for a year.

The enemy will build up its forces till it can over come the barriers, or build up a fleet large enough to absorb loses due to karis defences and space fleet.

The confed will build its forces till they can defeat the eney fleets. so long as indictors are up, only a small fleet is needed for defences.

Priority of targets
the four consortium representives
the two insect queens
the space staions

the faey will be all about the fighter, with human, urumni, makati, the kissick joining up. can nobles still control their people in fighter
their fleet
.S.A.M.K.M
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Hmm,

If the energy beings can scan remote places and apparently Cybi interferes with that ability, one wonders whether Jason in communion with Cybi could also remotely view what they are planning in their area or perhaps they could ask the Parri shaman to do that for them?
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.