Predictions?

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Re: Predictions?

Post by boballab »

Yes they are susceptible to Telekinesis but one major drawback is the number of Telekinetics is very low. While all the Generations are telekinetic it is a very rare trait in the general Faey population. The other drawback it is very hard to use telekinesis when you can't see who or what you are using it on.

If they are using broadcasted plasma in all their systems, maybe Jason will invent a jammer for it that can be mounted on a fighter.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

boballab wrote:If they are using broadcasted plasma in all their systems, maybe Jason will invent a jammer for it that can be mounted on a fighter.
Mounted on fighters? What about missiles? Grappling claws? It doesn't take a long power outage to wreak havoc on a starship. A short term jammer would not require an obnoxious amount of power like a fighter would be needed to provide. A broadcasted plasma jammer would be infinitely potent in ship to ship battle... especially since the Karrine Ships are immune... :twisted:
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

If the broadcast plasma is working through a higher dimension similar to hyperspace then maybe some small version of the interdictors could be built.

The number and effectiveness of powerful telekinetic Generations in battle raises another question. Do they risk putting biogenic Cybi technology on some heavily defended ships to boost psionic powers as demonstrated at Karis? Potentially putting the very technology the Consortium seek on the battlefront but also giving the Karinnes possibly an insurmountable tactical weapon advantage.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

I would think that a CBIM would be fully capable of defending itself and, at worst, preventing itself from being captured in any beneficial form. It would be a shame for one to self destruct, but, really, they are just another form of life in a war.

Distributed properly: only to heavily armed ships, CBIMs could be a powerful weapon to turn the tides of major battles.

On Karis, Cybi used the planetary defense grid to amplify Jason's power. Perhaps fighters could be used in a similar fashion: mobile amplifiers that can be directed en masse or individually to various targets and configurations. This provides many new possibilities....

Fel, o when shall you grace us with more of the story of the Grand Duke of the Karrines?

-DigitalMaestro
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

DigitalMaestro wrote:I would think that a CBIM would be fully capable of defending itself and, at worst, preventing itself from being captured in any beneficial form. It would be a shame for one to self destruct, but, really, they are just another form of life in a war.

Distributed properly: only to heavily armed ships, CBIMs could be a powerful weapon to turn the tides of major battles.

On Karis, Cybi used the planetary defense grid to amplify Jason's power. Perhaps fighters could be used in a similar fashion: mobile amplifiers that can be directed en masse or individually to various targets and configurations. This provides many new possibilities....

Fel, o when shall you grace us with more of the story of the Grand Duke of the Karrines?

-DigitalMaestro

Hopefully soon~ Cause as much i love spirit walker,I wanna know whats happening over here even more!
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

CBIMs seems way too risky to such a thing, as stated giving away such technology is a big risk in that.
The battle was a system defense battle, but it will hardly be always that you have command of the ground you fight on.
And as such risking a high value supercomputer/person in that way are a bit more risky than most would do unless you got a damed good reason.
But if you need one you need one, but plan for it to be a target they may try to get their hands on in sneaky or costly ways.

As for future development.
Seems way to hard to get enuf umpf out there.
As seen in the story, power was a major concern, and generators blew, even with all that was available.
Plus as stated, the numbers are not good in terms of bodies either.

Ships has to be redesigned now, as they were not really made to take that kind of damage before.
(as far as i know)
Now they have to see what can possible be done in avoiding or taking damage and still survive.
Whether it is more agility or re design that make em less vulnerable to damage is always a factor.
Plus everything else from ecm to armor thickness is also up for debate.
In the end i think whatever they will come up with will be even better then they had, as far as they can make it naturally.
If they cant make a ship either avoid or take the damage, they will be sneaky enuf to do/come up with something that works better then the stuff before the fight.
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

I just come to think of something, they have tried to sponsor a species to help them in battle.
Nothing prevents em or has prevented em to do something similar again or before.

We have all (more or less) assumed that they themselves will be the next ones up who battles, but nothing stops them from trying to wear them down with further attacks by other parties so they can not build up too much in the meantime,
The drawback will naturally be that they(karrines) will be veterans and having tried and proved systems in place.
But if they can learn more from the battles themselves too i don't see them hesitating because of that.
But all of that takes time, and effort from all parties, plus some one willing to attack.
But still, eroding karrines numbers or increasing the fleet numbers that are attacking seems to be a natural thing if possible.
And the third party may not even be a known factor before hand.

Hmm, but now they know of the shape shifters they must be wherry wary of doing anything over here, as they will assume it will be spotted before it is launched. :-/
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

The Consortium captured Non-Generation members of House Karrine over a millenia ago. As seen by Aura knowing the Kimdori language, the Karrines that were captured would know the Kimdori and their shapeshifing ability. Since we know the Consortium either placed controller devices in the heads of those Karrines or used another method to get the secret of the Generations program out of them they also would have found out about the Kimdori. Now they would have known about the Kimdori being shapeshifters for over a thousand years but they don't know how Kimdori actually get the information they do: By Kimdori Sharing. Kimdori Sharing is the secret behind the Generations Program and how they obtain information. Remember one touch from a Kimdori and he knows what you know and unless you are a Generation you don't have a clue that he just read your mind.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Seems jason has still a few cards up his sleeve.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Jason might already have the secret weapon he needs to take out the Insectoids on the consortium ships already in his toy box.
. “There’s also a second design they’ve built on your patent that they use as a subsonic extermination device to kill the larva of deadly insects on Threshkal II.
Thats right the infamous itchers he made back in Subjugation kill insect larva, with a little tweaking he might get them to take out the Insectoids.
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

boballab wrote:Jason might already have the secret weapon he needs to take out the Insectoids on the consortium ships already in his toy box.
. “There’s also a second design they’ve built on your patent that they use as a subsonic extermination device to kill the larva of deadly insects on Threshkal II.
Thats right the infamous itchers he made back in Subjugation kill insect larva, with a little tweaking he might get them to take out the Insectoids.
Dream on.
I REALLY doubt that, and what kind of story would that make? O_o
Fel is a good writer, and even if he has made Tarrin go "God mode" quite literally a few times, it was never that easy.
And would be no fun either.
I don't remember how controlling the devices was(the brain things), or if it was really mentioned, but trying to block em or scramble communication to the devices may be a little more probably, with all the problems that will probably occur.
Like hard to do and possible short range, possible no real affect on the creatures behavior or standing orders, things like that i mean.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Well , that might be true , but he still has to come up with something , to counter this threat.
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

dellstart wrote:Well , that might be true , but he still has to come up with something , to counter this threat.
Blood sweat and tears, with a side dish of brains.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Well right at the end jason's people found out how they were powering the devices by sending some sort of transported energy (at least I think I remember that, its been a long while*) so if they can distupt that flow, or overload that flow, then they could get some really interesting effects.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

michaelsuave wrote:Well right at the end jason's people found out how they were powering the devices by sending some sort of transported energy (at least I think I remember that, its been a long while*) so if they can distupt that flow, or overload that flow, then they could get some really interesting effects.

~Michael
Perhaps, but i think the device itself takes what it needs and leaves whats over.
I could be wrong, but then things like range and isolation and other shielding.
Dose no real good if you have to stand right next to the bug with the implant to do it.
Even ground troops armor may be enough to shield it from tampering or overloading.
But say if it would work once, next gen or a simple update of the software may get that bug or loophole out of the picture.

But taking something from the ether is different then making the ether fill something from afar.
But the story do have both telepathy and telekinesis so it may not be out of the picture.