Plot Mistake? Insurection...Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Plot Mistake? Insurection...Spoilers

Post by Hearly »

ok in previous posts fel has said

Fel wrote: Heh.

All of the Generations have telekinetic ability. Every single one.

Jason does too, he's just never had need to use it.

The only problem is, this power is very weak. Jason could move a feather or a piece of paper, but that's about it.

BUT.

The Gestalt amplifies his abilities. With the gestalt on, he can move about 20 pounds.

Myleena is another story. She ALREADY has telekinetic ability, she just keeps it a secret. With a gestalt on, she could move around 100 pounds.
(URL for the above post)
http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?t=684

But in the one chapter, Jason lifted up a Urumi in that meeting at the Academy, I'm assuming he weighs more than 20 pounds..

also in Chap 4, this kids are referred to as kitlings by Ayuma, just figure it's Fel getting Tarrin and Jason mixed up..

(see what happens when you give us too much time between chapters, we can go look this type of stuff up :P )
Last edited by Spec8472 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: genericised the topic heading... (later): Oops, removed. This is later than Chapter 1
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Plot Mistake? Insurection...Spoilers

Post by Fel »

So I changed it, sue me. ;)

I was still fleshing out the Generations when I wrote that, and I decided that a Generation with his telepathic power wouldnt' have such weak telekinetic power.

I will now exercise my Mind-O-Beam on you!

**I never said that, it never happened. I never said that, it never happened.**

--channels Bart Simpson--

**I didn't do it nobody saw me do it you can't prove anything!**

As to "kitlings," that's what my granny used to call me when I was very little. So to me, it's a generic way to refer to children.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:So I changed it, sue me. ;)

I was still fleshing out the Generations when I wrote that, and I decided that a Generation with his telepathic power wouldnt' have such weak telekinetic power.

I will now exercise my Mind-O-Beam on you!

**I never said that, it never happened. I never said that, it never happened.**

--channels Bart Simpson--

**I didn't do it nobody saw me do it you can't prove anything!**

As to "kitlings," that's what my granny used to call me when I was very little. So to me, it's a generic way to refer to children.

ah ok, actually never heard someone refer to kids as that, but then hey I grew up in PA what do you expect :P

As to the telekinetic ability, thats cool, I don't mind, I just wondered if for some reason his ability expanded with use or some such thing..

:P
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Nah.... It don't think it is anything to do with growing up but something to do with Cybi which somehow is always close with Jason through the Gestalt. I am sure in the 5 years that Karis has relays which are also placed around Earth. This are the 2 systems which I am sure Jason has seeded with all the defense systems and relays.

The question is like in Karis, must Jason be one with Cybi or Cybi be attuuned to the Grand Duke. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

What you saw Jason do is the ultimate expression of Karinne gestalt technology. Remember, the gestalts increase a Generation's telepathic and telekinetic ability.

And among many other things, Cybi is a super-sized version of a gestalt, one of the most powerful gestalts ever built, even over the other CBIMS. Remember, Cybi was the CBIM in control of a dire emergency, so she was built with the most advanced, even experimental, gestalt technology, so she would give the Generation that joined with her extreme power.

Backed by the power of a CBIM, it increased Jason's telekinetic powers by an order of magnitude.

And it's not just Jason that can join with Cybi. Any Generation can. If they would have gone for the absolute maximum in power, Jason would have though to put Myleena in there to do it, but he decided to do it himself.

Myleena is the most powerful of the Generation talents.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

This could be a small issue of the Jason's kids. I was reading Subjugation again before continuing with Insurrection.

Rann is the first kid. I believe Sora should be the youngest as a paragraph in Subjugation after the marriage between Dahnai and Kellin mentioned that Jyslin, Yana, Maya and Illia are pregnant with his kids and I believe they are in that order based on his nights with them :). Zora became pregnant much later in the epilogue.

And Maya's 2 other children and Zora's kid should have been brought to Karis. These are the Marines kids and I don't think they are that old as yet (5 years after).

And hey why does Symone and Tim do not have kids or did I mss reading that totally. Strange and that Jason did not have any kid with Symone.

I wonder what would have happen if Dahnai bore a child with Jason.... Merrane or Karrine? Or do they practise practical abort to ensure those kind of issues don't crop up. Just a thought.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Mizriath wrote:This could be a small issue of the Jason's kids. I was reading Subjugation again before continuing with Insurrection.

Rann is the first kid. I believe Sora should be the youngest as a paragraph in Subjugation after the marriage between Dahnai and Kellin mentioned that Jyslin, Yana, Maya and Illia are pregnant with his kids and I believe they are in that order based on his nights with them :). Zora became pregnant much later in the epilogue.

And Maya's 2 other children and Zora's kid should have been brought to Karis. These are the Marines kids and I don't think they are that old as yet (5 years after).

And hey why does Symone and Tim do not have kids or did I mss reading that totally. Strange and that Jason did not have any kid with Symone.

I wonder what would have happen if Dahnai bore a child with Jason.... Merrane or Karrine? Or do they practise practical abort to ensure those kind of issues don't crop up. Just a thought.

Great post.

I guess that symone and tim , just aint ready to be parents, plus its bad form to get pregnant first off by anyone other than your spouse/BF.

That last one would be interesting to say the very least.Though Since its not the heir to the house, maybe jason would give in and let it be named Merrane. Wouldn't bank on it though. :twisted:
montie1123
Sorcerer

Post by montie1123 »

I want o know why we dont see more of the tech Jason had been working on before he became the grand duke? The only thing that made it was the railgun, What about his stealth tech? Or the other ideas he had while working in the wild and so on?