Outlandish Theories? Spoilers for Subjugation and Sennadar universes

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Re: Outlandish Theories? Spoilers for Subjugation and Sennadar universes

Post by Greymist »

@Fel could you at least tell us what book we saw Tarrin in (first)? I feel like I need to go do a reread of the series soon.

I've reread all of Sennadar recently so I think it's time.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

XavDan wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:02 am Where is Tarrin?

Is he an empires leader? ( mostly not possible since Tarrin hates to command people )

IIRC, "the rules" for Tarrin and company when working in that capacity prohibit them from being a leader/decision maker at that level. So he won't be a ruler, and neither would any friends he brings along to help.

However, I'm given to understand they can be running around in the next lower tier of decision makers, or any tier below that. So even if Tarrin himself isn't present, there is nothing to say he doesn't have a friend that positioned themselves in the KMS command staff, or over in 3D for example. Fel has only commented on Karrin himself, and has neither confirmed or denied that anyone else may be there helping him.
Is he from earth/CCM? Most possible
I wouldn't rule his roaming around as a Kimdori, even if the werecat would rather not run around looking like a canine. For us to have seen him already in story would tend to strongly suggest he's somewhere that gives him access to either Imperium Space, or Karrine Space, otherwise it would be near impossible to cross paths with Jason. But that still leaves the field rather wide open, he could be an aide or advisor to one of the other rulers for all we know.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Greymist wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 am @Fel could you at least tell us what book we saw Tarrin in (first)? I feel like I need to go do a reread of the series soon.

I'll give you that much. As far as I can remember (even I'm not entirely sure), he first appeared in Unification.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:17 pm
Greymist wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 am @Fel could you at least tell us what book we saw Tarrin in (first)? I feel like I need to go do a reread of the series soon.

I'll give you that much. As far as I can remember (even I'm not entirely sure), he first appeared in Unification.
So did Fel remember correctly? Anyone found Tarrin in Unification??
Isengrim
Initiate

Post by Isengrim »

Tarrin isn't referenced by name in Unification.

Having just reread Unification and Tribulation, my guess is that Kraal is secretly Tarrin. He's described as very tall with absolutely black fur except for the white bar marking a Handgroom. What we see of his personality later is also compatible with what we've seen of Tarrin's personality.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

My problem with that theory is it means he has been there for thousands of years. Possible I guess, but chances might be somewhat low....
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Grommley
Novice

Post by Grommley »

Leader of the Gruug... references to magic, smart while appearing to be primitive, in an important position to be in the right place to help if needed, but would be overlooked unless he had to step in. Just a thought....
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Isengrim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:23 pm Tarrin isn't referenced by name in Unification.

Having just reread Unification and Tribulation, my guess is that Kraal is secretly Tarrin. He's described as very tall with absolutely black fur except for the white bar marking a Handgroom. What we see of his personality later is also compatible with what we've seen of Tarrin's personality.
See Kyli’s reasons why. Tarrin as far as we know doesn’t take over others lives. Kraal, is not a new Kimdori, he has been around a a few hundred years at least. So I would venture to say no to Kraal.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Grommley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:41 am Leader of the Gruug... references to magic, smart while appearing to be primitive, in an important position to be in the right place to help if needed, but would be overlooked unless he had to step in. Just a thought....
Interesting - I don’t see any reason why…Jason was not going to exterminate the Gruug, what reason would Tarrin have to be here? In the one example we have Tarrin shows up in the capital city of the place he is try to effect, (see the short story). But I would expand that to Earth, Dracoris and Karis.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Not Gruug and not Kraal. I first thought Kraal is possible but very unlikely. But he sired cubs so that completely eliminates him for me. Tarrin won't do that.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Javi
Talent

Post by Javi »

Tarring was a skilled warrior in his own right (staff, bow, etc), before he got any magical abilities. My guess then is that he will choose someone in the military that’s known for his skill: Justin Taggart
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Javi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 am Tarring was a skilled warrior in his own right (staff, bow, etc), before he got any magical abilities. My guess then is that he will choose someone in the military that’s known for his skill: Justin Taggart
I do not believe so… again Justin has been around for years. Also if Justin was Tarrin he would not have gotten shot up and spent 6 months in the hospital getting rebuilt.

If Fel is correct and Tarrin is in unification, he most likely will be peripheral character barely noticed or appears in one scene in the entire book.

One that can drop out of sight for long periods of time. Possibly even an unnamed character in unification…. One who will make an appearance in revelation?
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

Was it one of the very highly advanced space faring race that built a fence around their entire galaxy? Is that the prime world? Just they showed technology instead of magic???
thejank
Talent

Post by thejank »

Has anyone given any thought as to the significance of Jason's mother? There have been a couple chapters lately in which she was referenced and the fact that Jason is actively trying to remember her seems to be pretty important. Is it a red herring though?

Also, I hope we see more of Kevin Ball. There seemed to be some significant things happening during the CO short story that ties into Jason's path down "shamanism."
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

XavDan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 amWas it one of the very highly advanced space faring race that built a fence around their entire galaxy? Is that the prime world? Just they showed technology instead of magic???
I'm still keeping my "money" on the "Prime World" for the Subjugation Universe being in the Kypan Void not too far removed from Earth.

It's the best explanation for the Kimdori being in the Milky Way, and not somewhere else.

Also the human(Faey) diaspora from Earth (as per Fel) also points back towards the point of origin being somewhere near-ish to Earth. That there happens to be a very unusual void of habitable worlds in, and around Earth points to something unusual going on there. (And the Kimdori would be great enforcers for keeping whatever it is undiscovered)

Although I suspect the "Fortress Galaxy" and its neighbor are also somehow connected to what is going on with the Kypan Void, just a question of how.

That they have their own version of Faey in their Galaxy makes it pretty self-evident there is some kind of connection in any case. The wildcard is what form those connections take.