Revolution, Chapter 13 (Spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Revolution, Chapter 13 (Spoilers)

Post by kyli »

Sennadar Spoilers incoming

Its been years since I've read the firestaff and pyrosian chronicles and many details have slipped my mind or become foggy. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but we just got confirmation that the Subjugation Universe is part of the Sennadar Multiverse. The mirror refection thingy is something Tarrin also did and then there is the Astral Plane. So I come out of this chapter with 2 theories at this point.

First theory, the Parri and their trees are either not native to the Subjugation Universe or they are somehow directly connected to the Ender God of the Plane, maybe like druids or something. Or an even crazier theory; they are agents of the god of gods.

The second theory is a bit far fetched. And that is that the Subjugation Universe is one of the other 6 prime planes closest to the Core. My reasoning is that telepaths and telekinetics are actually pretty darn powerful in this universe and that the reason magic is so different is because of the laws the Elder God created in the universe. Sennadar is known as the Forbidden Prime, which makes it seem that the other Primes are open and well known. This actually goes agaist my theory, since you would think the people in the Subjugation Universe would know they are a Prime plane and know about the larger multiverse. If my far fetched theory is correct, then either the assumption above was incorrect, or maybe the part of the Subjugation Universe that knows and is known by the rest of the multiverse is outside the galactic cluster. Maybe thats where the darkness will be coming from.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Re: Revolution, Chapter 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Not a ID »

Might want to consider that Subjugation may itself be a "forbidden prime" and that the Galaxy of Zealots they were alerted to existing is the reason why.

The question then becomes one of where their "portal" to the wider multiverse is, who has been minding it in the interim, and where they are located.

Given both the Parri and the Kimdori, as well as the Kypan Void(which may not be as devoid of "advanced life" as we think, they just don't want to be found); I'm inclined to suspect the entry point is located somewhere in the Milky Way. Whether it has been there from the start, or was moved there at some point is another question.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Well it could also be possible that they are a Universe so far from the Core that there is no magic from the core at all and the gateways are closed, like that world at the beginning of the "A Simple Task" short story. Maybe the psychic powers are a power different and unrelated to regular magic that doesn't rely on proximity to the Core in order to work.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

kyli wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:51 amWell it could also be possible that they are a Universe so far from the Core that there is no magic from the core at all and the gateways are closed, like that world at the beginning of the "A Simple Task" short story. Maybe the psychic powers are a power different and unrelated to regular magic that doesn't rely on proximity to the Core in order to work.
They could be further from the Core as well, but you have going back to some older theories in regards to the Kimdori being this "world's" Entropics with the role of maintaining balance, and that fact that they're present in the Milky Way and not elsewhere tends to suggest that the Kimdori were placed there to help defend something in the Milky Way.

That Earth, and the Humans + Faey are evidently factoring into this "game" somehow also would point to "ground zero" being near Earth. And as Earth also happens to lie on the edge of the Kypan Void, which has been remarked on previously as being an unusual sector of space both for it's lack of advanced civilizations inside of it, and lack of potentially habitable worlds of note. It could be claimed that someone either "removed" such worlds, or "hid" them so they couldn't be found "until the time was right." (We also happen to know that the Kimdori are very good at hiding things!)

And this also takes us back to the Kimdori again because our little corner of the Galaxy was where the Kimdori were also focusing most of their efforts and attention. Now there is a little bit of chicken and the egg that can be played in that regard as it relates to the Faey in particular. But it is entirely possible that the Kimdori are still keeping secrets from even Jason and they know some additional things about that region of space they haven't shared with anyone else, and may also be working to try to protect to some degree. But as the void is now about to be surrounded by "cousins" to the Kimdori, such secrecy efforts are now less viable going forward. A second avenue also available is that Zaa may drop another bomb on Jason after the Kimdori notice that he's solved the "riddle of the mirror" test. They may not call it that, but they may be aware it has some kind of significance when they encounter someone without a reflection, and have instructions from some ancient times(to even them) when they encounter someone like that.

As I think about it further, I'm becoming more convinced the Kimdori are keeping another secret, and Jason solving The Riddle of the Mirror just opened another can of worms from the Kimdori side of things. But going by the closing scene with the shaman, it sounds like it was a can that needed to be opened.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

Decided to revisit "the dream" for a moment that got going around the time Jason learned about the FMS:

Chapter 5
You and Mom are in the dream, you try to fight the dragon, but the dream always ends before she learns what happens to you. She said the last thing she sees in the dream before it ends is you and Dahnai jumping from the back of winged animals with swords in your hands, hurling yourself at the dragon’s face as if you’re going to try to kill it. But she doesn’t know what happens, or what it even means. She’s not sure if she should tell you or not, because she doesn’t know if the outcome is good or bad. Since she doesn’t understand what the dream means, she’s afraid to say anything, that if she makes the wrong decision, you and Mom will get hurt because of it
Chapter 8
It was still mostly the same. He and Dahnai were fighting a dragon, but before, when the dream would end before she knew what happened, last night, she had seen more of it. When, in the dream, he and Dahnai hurl themselves at the dragon holding swords to kill it, the dream would end before they struck any blows. But last night, she’d seen the dragon swipe down Dahnai with its paw, sending her plummeting towards the ground, while Jason drove his sword into its upper neck, which made it roar in pain. But the dream ended before she saw if the blow killed the dragon, or if the dragon struck him down in retaliation for the blow.
Chapter 13
“Aria’s dream changed,” he announced. “It reverted back to the original version.”
It would seem the FMS is not the Dragon in the dream, it is somebody/something else; because the new dream is back to no blows being shown as a success or failure. So they continue to remain "in the Crossroads" at this time.

We have an unknown third party to consider now. Next chapter is Revelation, but the new threat is from beyond the borders of the Galactic Cluster. So while my Kypan Void theory may have some merits, it looks like our "friends" the Zealots are the likely parties of interest/threat in the next story arc.

But in the same vein, Fel said somebody else noticed the Karrines and Kimdori moving about Andromeda and that Jason would be glad he handled things how he did, so I'm guessing whomever was watching approved of his solution, which means they're presumably NOT the Zealots. So multiple things are like to start coming together whenever Fel's life stabilizes enough to write it out.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that I'm the only one disappointed with the final resolution regarding Ward 6 and the retrovirus. What good is a punishment if nobody is aware of it? No matter how good the telepaths are, there is no way they could account for everything. Hundreds of people with minds wiped and memories replaced, I'd think there'd be at least a few who had future plans and the change in those plans is going to be noticed.

I just expected something much more. Like maybe public revelation of their part in it, public exhibition of having their minds shredded as a warning to others, having a mindbender tweak their brains to cause physical pain if they ever attempted to do anything similar.

It was just too quiet a resolution for what happened.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

NSC wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:48 am I'm going out on a limb and guessing that I'm the only one disappointed with the final resolution regarding Ward 6 and the retrovirus. What good is a punishment if nobody is aware of it? No matter how good the telepaths are, there is no way they could account for everything. Hundreds of people with minds wiped and memories replaced, I'd think there'd be at least a few who had future plans and the change in those plans is going to be noticed.

I just expected something much more. Like maybe public revelation of their part in it, public exhibition of having their minds shredded as a warning to others, having a mindbender tweak their brains to cause physical pain if they ever attempted to do anything similar.

It was just too quiet a resolution for what happened.
From a retribution/punishment/wrath perspective, I definitely get you, but there would have been a issues with it having been public:
  • It would have highlighted the Faey's involvement in something which changed a whole lot of people with no consent given. I think some of the galactic empires would have taken this very negatively (the Jun for example)
  • It would have put Dahnai in a bad position with her people, because the Faey revere the medical service, and it's always been considered separate, neutral and non-controllable by the empress. For her to publicly "mess" with them could have had repercussions
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

That reverence and supposed neutrality of the medical service is part of why it bothers me so much. I feel like they got off easy, if not necessarily got away with it entirely.

At the least, I would've like to see the key players, how they managed to pull it off, and what their intentions were (I have trouble thinking they wanted to change the entire galaxy). Being able to pull this off makes me wonder what other secret programs are going on within the medical service. After all, when you have the complete trust and near worship of the entire population, you can get away with anything.

That said, I'll put it behind me and enjoy the next chapter of CO and whatever FEL decides to write next. I keep hoping for a conclusion to the Walker trilogy, but I'm starting to think that's not going to happen.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

NSC wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:13 pm That reverence and supposed neutrality of the medical service is part of why it bothers me so much. I feel like they got off easy, if not necessarily got away with it entirely.

At the least, I would've like to see the key players, how they managed to pull it off, and what their intentions were (I have trouble thinking they wanted to change the entire galaxy). Being able to pull this off makes me wonder what other secret programs are going on within the medical service. After all, when you have the complete trust and near worship of the entire population, you can get away with anything.

That said, I'll put it behind me and enjoy the next chapter of CO and whatever FEL decides to write next. I keep hoping for a conclusion to the Walker trilogy, but I'm starting to think that's not going to happen.
Their intentions were probably to give the Faey telekinesis as well as more powerful telepathy but they weren't ready for it to get out. Wasn't the intentional spead just them trying to cover up patient zero when it was unintentionally released so it would make it very difficult to trace back? I'd need a reread but I think that's what happened.

I would love to see the conclusion of Walker as well but I will never push Fel to complete it. Last time, he seemed to get majorly burned out on it with chapters taking 3 or 4 months at best and then his computer got stolen and he had to rewrite most of a chapter. So not good memories there. I'll be pleasently surprised when he returns to it with my fingers crossed that he doesn't get burned out again.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

kyli wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:20 am Their intentions were probably to give the Faey telekinesis as well as more powerful telepathy but they weren't ready for it to get out. Wasn't the intentional spead just them trying to cover up patient zero when it was unintentionally released so it would make it very difficult to trace back? I'd need a reread but I think that's what happened.
We don't know what their intentions were, as they were never confronted in such a way as to get an answer, and all of their data is sequestered on the CBIMS, and as their memory of the affair has been wiped, they can no longer be asked. So we will probably never know, unless an "outside third party" was involved and they turn up again only to find out their cohorts in that affair have no memory of their prior dealings.

We think the initial release into the wider population was an accident.

We think they then instigated a wider release to throw suspicion away from themselves.

We don't know, and the only ones who might be able to provide an answer, the CBIMs, have been told not to look.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I think the Kimdori might have actually gotten most of the plot during the the investigation. They just need to touch them to read the memories after all. It was just never clarified what the actual plan was.