Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

User avatar
Fel
Weavespinner
Posts: 1790
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:04 pm

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Fel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 am

windrider265 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:From what I understand it has been 300 years since the end of they Pyrosian War. It would have been more than enough time for Sarraya to be dead for 40 years.

Hmmm. must have misread I thought it said she died long before Camara and Phandebrass died who had long ago died. A Faeries only had a lifespan of 40 yrs. :?
This is a simple case of me not paying attention to my own work.

I'll fix it np.

For the record: Faeries have a long lifespan, but Sarraya died long before Phandebrass and Camara Tal died of old age.

She died in a plague that completely eradicated her colony, and reduced the Faerie population by half.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Super C
Initiate
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Super C » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:29 am

Well THAT sucks... :(

User avatar
Mistra
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:39 pm

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Mistra » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:35 am

that's just sad :(

afrigeek
Da'Shar
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:10 pm
Location: Uganda
Contact:

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by afrigeek » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 am

What? With all the druids, priests, sorcerers and wizards in Sennadar not to mention her being a close friend of Tarrin Kael?
I find it surprising that this could happen to an entire colony of faeries and not only that but a full half of them. I remember something about her colony having priests, wizards, druids etc and I am surprised that the priests who could heal disease never interved.

Unless there is another plot in there about something deliberately set off and spreading quickly before it could be contained.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.

User avatar
Mysterious
Sorcerer
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Mysterious » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:49 am

Dude...

Now that's harsh :cry:

But I also have to raise the same questions as Afrigeek. Being a pessismistic, cynical person that I am, I would agree that there must have been some sort of conspiracy to wipe out the faeries. Or that the plague was some sort of super virus like ebolapox :!:



Mysterious
You're not FAT... You're just horizontally gifted :)

User avatar
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 am
Location: A city they actually abbreviate to SIN

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Mizriath » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:00 am

I do not think it is relevant as much to create a side story for faeries. But I did not expect for Sarraya to had an unglorified ending eh.. She had the nasty habit of going down fighting till the end and then just drop dead.. her druid powers is then absorbed into her faery wings in which Tarrin had never had the chance to show Sarraya his collection. ... rambling on...
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.

User avatar
Fel
Weavespinner
Posts: 1790
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:04 pm

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Fel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:06 pm

afrigeek wrote:What? With all the druids, priests, sorcerers and wizards in Sennadar not to mention her being a close friend of Tarrin Kael?
I find it surprising that this could happen to an entire colony of faeries and not only that but a full half of them. I remember something about her colony having priests, wizards, druids etc and I am surprised that the priests who could heal disease never interved.

Unless there is another plot in there about something deliberately set off and spreading quickly before it could be contained.
It can EASILY happen when you remember that ONLY Priests can cure diseases, and there are no Priests among the Fae-da'nar. There are only Druids. They were powerless against it.

Sarraya and her colony were the first to contract the disease, and they died very died quickly, in a matter of days, far too quickly for her to realize what was happening and try to get help. The disease killed half of all the Faeries before Fae-da'Nar finally sought help from the outside to stop the disease, or it would have killed them all.

Sure, it's harsh, and it sucks, but life isn't always fair.

I could be even more cruel and tell you that Sarraya herself was the one that brought the disease into her colony, bringing it from Shen Lung. To humans, it's like the flu. To the Faeries, it was a killer.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Ledsmith
Sorcerer
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Ledsmith » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:51 pm

Long time reader first time poster.

Back to the question of antagonists. I'd like to see some kind of struggle with in the Wikuni Society. I mean they have this big giant fleet patrolling the seas and protecting merchant ships, thats all well and good but sombody (formar noble family or even commaner family thats worked hard and is now owner of a huge corporation) is going to want more. A political or military coup. Wikuni history is full of intrigue and backstabbing, not EVERBODY can love Faalken. What better way for Kerri to make her reaperence then to smack down some insideous rebellion.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Lochar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Fel wrote:
afrigeek wrote:What? With all the druids, priests, sorcerers and wizards in Sennadar not to mention her being a close friend of Tarrin Kael?
I find it surprising that this could happen to an entire colony of faeries and not only that but a full half of them. I remember something about her colony having priests, wizards, druids etc and I am surprised that the priests who could heal disease never interved.

Unless there is another plot in there about something deliberately set off and spreading quickly before it could be contained.
It can EASILY happen when you remember that ONLY Priests can cure diseases, and there are no Priests among the Fae-da'nar. There are only Druids. They were powerless against it.

Sarraya and her colony were the first to contract the disease, and they died very died quickly, in a matter of days, far too quickly for her to realize what was happening and try to get help. The disease killed half of all the Faeries before Fae-da'Nar finally sought help from the outside to stop the disease, or it would have killed them all.

Sure, it's harsh, and it sucks, but life isn't always fair.

I could be even more cruel and tell you that Sarraya herself was the one that brought the disease into her colony, bringing it from Shen Lung. To humans, it's like the flu. To the Faeries, it was a killer.

Book 3, chapter 16.
"We do, but not everyone cares to develop it," she replied. "And we're not all Druids. We have Priests, and we also have Faeries who practice Wizardy. That gives our colony a good mix of magical orders that can deal with a wide range of problems."
Continuity error found. Continue? Yes/No
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

GloriousShamash
Initiate
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by GloriousShamash » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Now you see what happens when you point out inconsistencies. Not only did you fail to get Fel to save Sarrayana, but you killed off a bunch of faeries too.

Just let it go. There's no telling whom he'll kill next.

User avatar
windrider265
Talent
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:40 pm

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by windrider265 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:58 pm

GloriousShamash wrote:Now you see what happens when you point out inconsistencies. Not only did you fail to get Fel to save Sarrayana, but you killed off a bunch of faeries too.

Just let it go. There's no telling whom he'll kill next.

Sorry about that. Just like Sarraya and Sapphire but I will shut up now before the body count goes hirer and dragons and seleni are added to the mix.

Second question though? Would like to know about the other werecats etc, Not necessarily in the story as a guest star but like Rina mentioned. You know Jessmind Mist Kimmie. They as werecats should be still around. Unless i just gat them killed with the faeries too... :oops: :D

gesit
Sui'Kun
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: the netherlands

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by gesit » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:02 pm

GloriousShamash wrote:Now you see what happens when you point out inconsistencies. Not only did you fail to get Fel to save Sarrayana, but you killed off a bunch of faeries too.

Just let it go. There's no telling whom he'll kill next.
sure like your humor m8
but you're right!!
c u

ham

Sage4Eros
Initiate
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: D.C.

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Sage4Eros » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:14 pm

Book 3, chapter 16.
"We do, but not everyone cares to develop it," she replied. "And we're not all Druids. We have Priests, and we also have Faeries who practice Wizardy. That gives our colony a good mix of magical orders that can deal with a wide range of problems."
Recent post by Fel
It can EASILY happen when you remember that ONLY Priests can cure diseases, and there are no Priests among the Fae-da'nar.
Personally I think the quote in Book3 (Chap. 16) should be re-written to take out the Priests for most of Fae-da'nar. I LIKE the idea that Druids are prevalent in Fae-da'nar society, with Priests being VERY rare (mainly Priests who contract Lycanthropy). In "civilized areas" Priests are common & Druids are the rare ones.

Druids born in "civilized" areas would tend to migrate into "Natural/Wilderness" areas (like the Fae-da'nar lands), or accidentally kill themselves off due to lack of training (that pesky mistake=death rule for Druids). Numberwise, there are more Younger Gods than Elder Gods. Since Elder Gods aren't dependant on worshipers, I got the impression that they had less Priests (since one of the job of Priests is to drum up worshipers for his God). Most of the Younger Gods (and priests of those Gods) seemed to focus on "their" people, so I doubt there are many missionaries trying to convert people in the wilderness...

User avatar
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 am
Location: A city they actually abbreviate to SIN

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by Mizriath » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:51 am

I for one, will overlook inconsistencies and to let the story flow. I vote for the story to continue and not stopped for inconsistencies. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.

User avatar
medico69
Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:32 pm
Location: In my Grove

Re: Legacy, Chapter 1 Spoilers

Post by medico69 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:26 am

Mizriath wrote:I for one, will overlook inconsistencies and to let the story flow. I vote for the story to continue and not stopped for inconsistencies. :D
I must agree; less inconsistencies and more story!! :lol: :wink:
If yesterday is gone
Tomorrow never comes
What is today?

Locked