Since I'm waiting to go pick up my paycheck...

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Since I'm waiting to go pick up my paycheck...

Post by Spec8472 »

Mizriath wrote:Hmm Spec,

Is the Shattered Rainbow going to be going under Other Stories or will it have it own series?

I was just wondering where to check out for the new story which Fel will start.

So far it is a one word series.

Subjugation ...... Firestaff ....... Rainbow??
Depends if there's enough discussion about it - so, probably yes, but not straight away. New chapters will be posted under General, as per the usual thing.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:
Lochar wrote:See, I can use black tags too!
Careful, the black choppers might come for you :)
Not anymore, seeing as the spoiler tag no longer works...
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Lochar wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
Lochar wrote:See, I can use black tags too!
Careful, the black choppers might come for you :)
Not anymore, seeing as the spoiler tag no longer works...

They do - but PHPbb is pedantic about how it activates BBCodes (don't ask me why, they just are).

So, any posts that already exist, won't have the spoiler code bbcode activated until they're re-saved.

It works something like this:
1. When save a post, PHPbb generates a random number, and then goes through the post looking for any valid bits of BBCode it finds - it tags them with this number.

So

Code: Select all

[b]bold text[/b]
turns into

[b:2z43e]bold text[/b:2z43e]
2. Anything not tagged with this number, isn't turned into HTML when it's subsequently displayed.
3. When we migrated over, PHPbb3 didn't recognise the spoiler BBCode (amongst other things) and therefore removed the random number.

So, now until I (or the poster or another mod) re-save posts where BBCode isn't working - they don't appear properly.
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

You should check the other fields in the database, aside from the post text. I've encountered this problem before in regards to a slightly different issue, and found that same thing happening: random alphanumeric code inserted into BBcode to mark it as BBcode when the post is saved.
You should find exactly that same code as listed in the post in another field, though I can't recall straight away which one that is. If both (post and verification code) are the same, then it gets acknowledged properly. This means that you can enter your own codes (123456) and still get it to work properly.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Quindo Ma wrote:You should check the other fields in the database, aside from the post text. I've encountered this problem before in regards to a slightly different issue, and found that same thing happening: random alphanumeric code inserted into BBcode to mark it as BBcode when the post is saved.
You should find exactly that same code as listed in the post in another field, though I can't recall straight away which one that is. If both (post and verification code) are the same, then it gets acknowledged properly. This means that you can enter your own codes (123456) and still get it to work properly.
Oh, yeah - I know that the field is 'bbcode_uid' -- the problem is doing a mass alteration within a MySQL command.

Every time I've tried, it's broken...

Edit: oh, and fwiw - the command *should* be something as simple as:

UPDATE phpbb3_posts 
SET post_text = 
   replace(
     replace(  post_text,
                   '[spoiler]',
                   '[spoiler:' + bbcode_uid + ']'),
     '[/spoiler]',
     '[/spoiler:' + bbcode_uid + ']'
    )
WHERE post_text like '%[spoiler]%'; 
(The where line being optional (generates >11,000 reads), but probably recomended to avoid >11,000 writes)

...as for converting HTML to BBCode, well.. that resulted in all sorts of *lovely* errors.