any news you'd care to share?

Griever
Novice

any news you'd care to share?

Post by Griever »

I'm just being my usually annoying self (as opposed to being my more than usually lurking self) and want to ask, how goes it on the other fronts, Fel?

Any chance of seeing you other stories updated in the near future, or are you concentrating on Tarrin's jaunt?  Just so we know what to look forward to next.
were you perchance expecting to find something profound here?
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: any news you'd care to share?

Post by Shadowhawk »

I don't think that we have further chapters of the stories in Fel's other universes. Let me explain why I think so. Please notice that each of stories (I have not read "The Alpha Project" yet but I don't think it is different with this story) are past the introduction stage (and maybe past first story stage). If they were not planned ahead I don't think that we will have furher chapters soon... and maybe we will have no further chapters at all (which is sad). Fel dosn't have much time to finish "Sword of Fire"/Pyrosian Chronicles series, not to mention finishing other stories.

The cursed 'writers block'!
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

shadowhawk wrote:If they were not planned ahead I don't think that we will have furher chapters soon... and maybe we will have no further chapters at all (which is sad).
From my discussions with Fel on the IRC channel (and reading the backlog when I havn't been there), I was under the impression that Fel does actually have at least the majority of the storyline and major events 'blocked out'.

Also, If I remember correctly, Fel likes to write on these other universes when (a) he doesn't feel like writing on the Sennadar universe, and/or (b) he doesn't have access to the back-history of the stories -- like while on holidays.
Fel at school!

Post by Fel at school! »

Speaking of the other fronts, you might be interested to know that I'll be releasing chapter 5 of Subjugation in the near future.

I've gone on a leave of absence from work to prepare for my CCNA exam, and have had some unexpected free time.  I've gotten just a bit burned out on the Pyrosian Chronicles, so I decided to write a chapter or two on another book.

Writing Pyrosian was starting to feel like work, and when it starts to get like that, i have to take a step back and do something else for a while.

I'm up to page 22 in Sub 5, and if I'm not mistaken I'll be done with it sometime this weekend.  Chapters in Subjugation tend to be longer than they are in Sword, mainly because there will be fewer of them.

Hope that makes you happy.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

It does, it does. Your chapters always make me (us) happy...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
MattD

Post by MattD »

Interestingly enough, I was just re-reading Chapter 4 earlier this week for the first time in months, and thought to myself, "I wish he'd continue this."  So yes, I'm glad to hear that you are!

Now what else should I wish for while I'm hot...?

matt
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

fel wrote:Speaking of the other fronts, you might be interested to know that I'll be releasing chapter 5 of Subjugation in the near future.

Hope that makes you happy.
Happy?  How could we not be happy with getting something new from you Fel?  As it is, work at your lesiure.  I don't want to see you burn out on anything, and if Sword of Fire is starting to do that to you, please, take a few steps back and breathe.  No one does their best work under stress and pressure, so work on whatever you like.  I've actually been hoping to see Subjugation worked on, since that's an interesting series as well.

Good luck on it, and we'll be waiting regardless of how long it takes.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
sig082000
Talent

Post by sig082000 »

Hopefully Alpha Project will see an upfate soon.  Thanks for the great reading material.

Sig
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

sig082000 wrote:Hopefully Alpha Project will see an upfate soon. Thanks for the great reading material.

Sig
The only thing I remember seeing is in a message from Fel posted in general on  Jan 25th, 2005 there maybe be others but this is the one i know about for now.

http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/YaBB. ... 1106672011

Use the above link to view it.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

Just a quick note to Fel and the Editors (and apologies if this has already been pointed out).

While Jesmind is an exciting character on her own series I really cant see why she would want to make an appearance in Subjugation ;)

I think it is pretty clear that the appearance of her name in page 24 of Chapter 4 is just a slip of the pen (how can you have a keyboard make a slip of the pen?).

"I doubt itll come to that, he said carefully.  Tims too attracted to you to ever say no when youre serious.  Ill take Jesmind somewhere and take her out of the equation, and thatll make Tim comfortable enough. "

Thanks for sharing your writing with us Fel, I am really enjoying the Subjugation series, aww heck, I'm enjoying ALL the stories in all the series!

Cheers, ian.
Last edited by ilox on Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

ilox wrote:Just a quick note to Fel and the Editors (and apologies if this has already been pointed out).

While Jesmind is an exciting character on her own series I really cant see why she would want to make an appearance in Subjugation ;)

I think it is pretty clear that the appearance of her name in page 24 of Chapter 4 is just a slip of the pen (how can you have a keyboard make a slip of the pen?).

"I doubt itll come to that, he said carefully. Tims too attracted to you to ever say no when youre serious. Ill take Jesmind somewhere and take her out of the equation, and thatll make Tim comfortable enough. "

Thanks for sharing your writing with us Fel, I am really enjoying the Subjugation series, aww heck, I'm enjoying ALL the stories in all the series!

Cheers, ian.
It's been reported <G> i'm suprised you missed Tarrin in Chapter one his name is used twice
No female had ever
managed to detect that, at least not that he knew of. Because of that, Tarrin had to use more crude but no
less effective techniques, such as repetitive concentration on a single thought, which drowned out
everything else. Ailan could only see his focus on getting his project set up and running, and for as long as
he felt Ailan brushing up against his mind, he could think of nothing else. But after a few seconds, the
tentative brushing stopped, and Tarrin dropped his repetition and got down to the business of checking the
seals on his exchangers before powering up his PPG

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

" i'm suprised you missed Tarrin in Chapter one  his name is used twice  "

Sorry, no idea how I would have missed that one ;)
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

ilox wrote:" i'm suprised you missed Tarrin in Chapter one his name is used twice "

Sorry, no idea how I would have missed that one ;)
Fel missed them too so your in good company  ::)

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born