Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

User avatar
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: The Armpit of Florida
Contact:

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Halcyon » Wed May 23, 2007 7:11 am

Mizriath wrote:The story like its been said has quite ended. Only left for Fel to tie up any loose ends and surprise me if some bad guys were to just pop up and disturb his dream and peace.

I can stop contemplating / postulating / dreaming or coming up with any conjecture.
But why the heck would you do that? If I didn't know anything else, I know, based on my 2 1/2 years here, for a fact that our little forum here is full of conspiracy theorists. So conspire away!!
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz

shades98
Initiate
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by shades98 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:45 am

Well we know that 14 is going to have a fantastic fight between Tarrin and Spyder to begin with...so there is a lot that we get to enjoy going into 14...Have a great week Fel

User avatar
Hearly
Speed Racer!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:06 am

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Hearly » Wed May 23, 2007 1:38 pm

shades98 wrote:Well we know that 14 is going to have a fantastic fight between Tarrin and Spyder to begin with...so there is a lot that we get to enjoy going into 14...Have a great week Fel
Actually I think that will be in a later chapter, he's going to work for the GoG, he'll not return to Sennadar for a few years, I'm thinking he'll be coming to Earth to solve some issue for the GoG :P (maybe an entire new book)

User avatar
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: The Armpit of Florida
Contact:

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Halcyon » Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm

Hearly wrote:
shades98 wrote:Well we know that 14 is going to have a fantastic fight between Tarrin and Spyder to begin with...so there is a lot that we get to enjoy going into 14...Have a great week Fel
Actually I think that will be in a later chapter, he's going to work for the GoG, he'll not return to Sennadar for a few years, I'm thinking he'll be coming to Earth to solve some issue for the GoG :P (maybe an entire new book)
Just think of it...Secret Agent Tarrin...he's a man of many, many faces...
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz

shades98
Initiate
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by shades98 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:24 pm

Hearly wrote:
shades98 wrote:Well we know that 14 is going to have a fantastic fight between Tarrin and Spyder to begin with...so there is a lot that we get to enjoy going into 14...Have a great week Fel
Actually I think that will be in a later chapter, he's going to work for the GoG, he'll not return to Sennadar for a few years, I'm thinking he'll be coming to Earth to solve some issue for the GoG :P (maybe an entire new book)
I agree I don't actually think it will be in the first 10 pages...I don't think it will be an entire new book though as much as I would love to see it. Fel has said he wants to move onto other stories.

User avatar
Hearly
Speed Racer!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:06 am

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Hearly » Wed May 23, 2007 8:32 pm

shades98 wrote: I agree I don't actually think it will be in the first 10 pages...I don't think it will be an entire new book though as much as I would love to see it. Fel has said he wants to move onto other stories.
Ya, but Fel's also said he hates to End the series too...

GloriousShamash
Initiate
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by GloriousShamash » Wed May 23, 2007 10:24 pm

Although I assume, Fel will take a break from this series, I'm happy to see room left for more stories. I know what I'm about to write presumes much, but here are my hopes and dreams in this area:

I'm more than ready to see Eron kick Jasana's but all around the place. The only thing better would be to watch Eron and Triana kick her but WWE tagteam style with Tarrin officiating. ...And for tonight's main feature we have a cage match....

The GoG thing with Tarrin, Mother Wynn, and flatchested girl would make nice fodder for a series of short stories kinda like Glenn Cook's detective series. I'm hoping Tarrin's time working for the GoG will be glossed over, so we might get detailed stories later.

User avatar
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 am
Location: A city they actually abbreviate to SIN

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Mizriath » Thu May 24, 2007 12:42 am

Err. .. I thought I have to stop postulating. But the way you all guys and gals are going all out at it...

Here goes.

First will be the fight between Tarrin and Solar. Tarrin has returned the bow but the Solar wants him to return his white hand. .... A big fight ensues and the Solar lost his head... A new role now... The Judge for Solars.. answerable to GoG.

Second, he is now a mortal walking in the realm. He comes back, and well a fight ensues with Spyder.... just keeping with her role and duties. 2 Mishara fight, what happens... they fight using paper, scissors, stone... If Tarrin loses, he has to be the Guardian for the next 5 years while Spyder goes on vacation!!

Third, Jasana, now assisted by Ianelle and Dolanna, takes care of Pyros. And Jasana being Jasana gets into a quarrel with Tarrin's shadow. Eron, with a big sigh, has to come back and kick her butt. He listen to whichever Tarrin it is. Shadow or no shadow.

My biggest surprise was that none of Tarrin' closest circle died in the big fight. Not even Ulger.

Wonders never cease.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.

User avatar
Hearly
Speed Racer!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:06 am

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Hearly » Thu May 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Ok after re-reading Chapter 13 for the 6th time or so.

Fel I think I found a mistake..

Ok, Tarrin destroyed the Fire Staff which destroyed the Sword of Fire because it was also it's "creation" well, just like it destroyed the Shadow, shouldn't Tarrin's Divine soul been destroyed also as it was a creation of the Fire Staff?

User avatar
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: The Armpit of Florida
Contact:

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Halcyon » Thu May 24, 2007 5:06 pm

Hearly wrote:Ok after re-reading Chapter 13 for the 6th time or so.

Fel I think I found a mistake..

Ok, Tarrin destroyed the Fire Staff which destroyed the Sword of Fire because it was also it's "creation" well, just like it destroyed the Shadow, shouldn't Tarrin's Divine soul been destroyed also as it was a creation of the Fire Staff?
You may be right, but since the GoG said he stepped in and put the divine half of the soul in Tarrin's shadow, I assuming he may have tampered with it to keep that from happening. He also said he'd been needing an Elder God for Pyros for a while, so my guess is that he had a plan for that half of Tarrin's soul the whole time. Besides, I'm sure that the GoG can undo anything the Fire Staff caused by the Fire Staff, I mean he is the GoG after all.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz

User avatar
Hearly
Speed Racer!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:06 am

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Hearly » Thu May 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Hearly wrote:Ok after re-reading Chapter 13 for the 6th time or so.

Fel I think I found a mistake..

Ok, Tarrin destroyed the Fire Staff which destroyed the Sword of Fire because it was also it's "creation" well, just like it destroyed the Shadow, shouldn't Tarrin's Divine soul been destroyed also as it was a creation of the Fire Staff?
You may be right, but since the GoG said he stepped in and put the divine half of the soul in Tarrin's shadow, I assuming he may have tampered with it to keep that from happening. He also said he'd been needing an Elder God for Pyros for a while, so my guess is that he had a plan for that half of Tarrin's soul the whole time. Besides, I'm sure that the GoG can undo anything the Fire Staff caused by the Fire Staff, I mean he is the GoG after all.
True, but in the same breath, why not have Tarrin keep the Sword of Fire, I mean that might come in handy in some of those Tasks he wants him to do, but he could also just make him a new one too... heh thats what sucks about talking about someone who can do anything he wants...

User avatar
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: The Armpit of Florida
Contact:

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Halcyon » Thu May 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Hearly wrote: True, but in the same breath, why not have Tarrin keep the Sword of Fire, I mean that might come in handy in some of those Tasks he wants him to do, but he could also just make him a new one too... heh thats what sucks about talking about someone who can do anything he wants...
That's very true. The are no certainties when dealing with all-powerful beings.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz

GloriousShamash
Initiate
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by GloriousShamash » Thu May 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Yes, the GoG operates under no restrictions. Since having Tarrin's divine half assume the role of elder god was a direct result of his actions all bets are off.

User avatar
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:06 am
Location: Somewhere over the Atlantic

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by michaelsuave » Thu May 24, 2007 10:23 pm

So my question is:

Who would win, tarrin mortal mi shara, or Tarrin Elder God of Pyrosia? Tarrin's taken on gods before and won, and now we know he has the whole will thing, but does the divine half of his soul have that whole will thing also? Now that would be the fight for the ages... or should I say sparring match... :twisted:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!

storyreader2005
Sorcerer
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by storyreader2005 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:52 pm

Hearly wrote:Ok after re-reading Chapter 13 for the 6th time or so.

Fel I think I found a mistake..

Ok, Tarrin destroyed the Fire Staff which destroyed the Sword of Fire because it was also it's "creation" well, just like it destroyed the Shadow, shouldn't Tarrin's Divine soul been destroyed also as it was a creation of the Fire Staff?
Nope, not a mistake.
Demons Bane - Chapter 7 wrote:The part of him which was mortal was pulled inexorably into the Soultrap. That which remained, the power of the All attacked once again, enacting change. Though the divine soul could not be changed into a mortal soul, that divine soul could itself be transformed into something similar to itself. The taint of the Firestaff was stripped from it, forever destroying the link between Tarrin and that artifact.

Tarrin was no longer a child of the Firestaff. Instead, the power of Ayise seared through him, transforming him into one of her children. And being one of her children, Ayise and the Elder Gods had no reason to oppose him.

Locked