Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Lochar »

Well, before Ch. 12 even gets to the second page, here we have chapter 13. LOL.

Spoil away my friends.

*wonder if we'll get to 2 pages before 14. :)*
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Demon's Bane Ch 13 (Spoilers)

Post by Fel »

No. I'm very tired, and I need a couple days off before I even start chapter 14. ;)

I do hope to have it finished by the end of next week.

And here's my own bit of spoilage....

I TOLD you he'd met him before. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

Well with the way you did it you could have made HIM be anyone he had met before. I guess HE saved Tarrins divine soul from being destroyed when the firestaff was destroyed since it should have disolved into nothingness like the shadow. I guess there is not much left but the punishment and the wrap up after. But there is still an opening left for more books if fel ever wants to come back to it. I know we all hope he does. :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

That may be true about the dream, but Cassiter really IS Him.

If you go back and read that, you'll see the hint placed there long ago.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

Well I guess you fooled everyone then. Congrats :)
Now can someone dig up that text and quote it here?
I'd go searching myself but I don't have the time right now.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

"Don't you need to measure him?" Ulger asked.
"I've already done so, good Knight," Cassiter said mildly. "When he came in. I can guarantee his clothes will fit perfectly."
Yes, it's not much of a hint, but this line should have told you that there was SOMETHING unusual about Cassiter.

If not that, then the fact that he's a Wikuni that's not interested in money. That should have been another alarm bell. ;)
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

it should, but still...

btw, are you sure you're not just teasing us? i mean, ch13 doesn't look like the end of a chapter, but like the end of the entire book.

(you could even start a new book on the things he has to do for the GoG though, something like the 7(?) works of Heracles)

only thing i think could happen in the last chapter is jasanna going rampant cause her dad isn't there anymore and she wants to go after the deva (that's where Eron comes in)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Yes, it's not much of a hint, but this line should have told you that there was SOMETHING unusual about Cassiter.
Only that he's a particularly good and experienced tailor.

I've had a suit custom-tailored once. The tailor took a look at me, and had my measurements pretty darn close to right (1-2 cm out).
One of the places I shop relatively regularly, all the staff there are the same too. I guess it comes with the territory.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Continuity issue!!!
Tarrin’s shadow gave him a solemn, eloquent nod, understanding what he was trying to accomplish, and then it too wavered, and then vanished like mist. It too was a creation of the power of the Firestaff, and it too could not be sustained once the artifact was destroyed. It evaporated like mist in the summer sun, and it was no more.
Tarrin’s shadow slipped around Gruz quickly and silently, then moved with blazing speed, but the Demon Lord moved with equal speed, unleashing a blast of divine power at the shadow, who did nothing to prevent it.
The shadow had already disappeared. It actually looks like a copy/paste issue.

Support my brother.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

wow, that's really odd. I fixed that. I remember fixing it. Hmm...maybe I quit without saving. Who knows, I was tired when I wrote about half of the chapter. ;)

I'll correct it...again. ;)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I'm surprised your awake. I figured you'd be crashed out for a day or two in recovery. :)

Support my brother.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Nah, I'm actually writing before work, because I was bored.

But I have tomorrow off, and I'm going to make it a real day off by not writing...and mowing the lawn. And tomorrow night, I'm going to attend my first Everquest raid with my guild in over a month

Umm..."yay" for mowing, but I'm looking forward to getting back into raiding. I'll only be able to attend once a week because of my work schedule, but I'm sure I'll have fun.
rphilip
Talent

Post by rphilip »

Lochar wrote:Continuity issue!!!
Tarrin’s shadow gave him a solemn, eloquent nod, understanding what he was trying to accomplish, and then it too wavered, and then vanished like mist. It too was a creation of the power of the Firestaff, and it too could not be sustained once the artifact was destroyed. It evaporated like mist in the summer sun, and it was no more.
Tarrin’s shadow slipped around Gruz quickly and silently, then moved with blazing speed, but the Demon Lord moved with equal speed, unleashing a blast of divine power at the shadow, who did nothing to prevent it.
I'd wondered about this also. After reading the end of the chapter I thought it was foreshadowing what else the shadow had held.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Lochar wrote:Continuity issue!!!
I saw this too and wondered....but figured it was just an error that I could ignore...But I really would love to hear the details of that meeting between the new elder god and the other younger gods.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

The story like its been said has quite ended. Only left for Fel to tie up any loose ends and surprise me if some bad guys were to just pop up and disturb his dream and peace.

I can stop contemplating / postulating / dreaming or coming up with any conjecture.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.