Demon's Bane, chapter 10 (SPOILERS)

Fel
Weavespinner

Demon's Bane, chapter 10 (SPOILERS)

Post by Fel »

Lochar usually makes it, but I think he's on a mini-vacation.

So, let me be the first to comment. For those of you who hate cliffhangers....

NEENER NEENER!

Clearly you have forgotten who you're dealing with.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Demon's Bane, chapter 10 (SPOILERS)

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Lochar usually makes it, but I think he's on a mini-vacation.

So, let me be the first to comment. For those of you who hate cliffhangers....

NEENER NEENER!

Clearly you have forgotten who you're dealing with.
heh, at least Tarrin now knows what the surprise is.. Druid Magic...

Edit:
I guess the question should be can a demon use druid magic..
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel,

I wondered if the Wikuni have ever thought about mixing Wizard magic with their cannon. That way you could have an exploding cannonball that would deal damage to a demon. Or here on Pyrosia using Sorcery and wards. Land a non exploding cannonball that triggers a ward that stops all movement within a certain range. Or is a killing ward to destroy all the demons and their followers within that range. Seems that mixing Science/Technology with Magic hasn't really been touched upon yet. Just a thought I know you have your own surprises for us.

And I'm betting that the Shadow found where the Elder god went and woke him/her up.

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Actually, the cannonballs they have now will hurt the Demons, since they're from Sennadar, and the Demons have no immunity to them.

But that is a pretty clever idea. So far, the Wikuni haven't tried mixing magic and technology. They've kept things on their own side of the fence.
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

After reading chapter 10 and got to the end i was woundering the following.

Can Tarrins Shadow+Tarrins sword+Firestaff make the shadow the new/old GOD of that univers??. The shadow was a part of tarrin when he was a half/god?? And the items should have enough magic power to even make the energising Bunny happy. So the question is will the shadow become a god??. The were-kins first GOD and a were-cat to boot.:twisted: ....The other kin should scream bloody murder....

And if you say that can RAFO. I might not like you untill next chapter :lol:

Great Chapter

Edited by Spec8472: Removed the Spoilers tag - it's the spoilers thread, folks! :P
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

I think I know where the missing demons are.

How many demons are unaccounted for? About 100,000?
Quote: "Even taking into account the ones that his shadow may have killed and the ones summoned by the One’s Priests, which could be banished back to the Abyss, there were still at least a hundred thousand Demons missing."

How many humans are staying with the Demon army? About 100,000?
Quote: “Over a hundred thousand men all under a spell? I don’t think so,” Tarrin replied. “Can you imagine how long it would take, even a Demon that specializes in control, like a Succubus? I doubt even Shiika could dominate so many so fast, and make them all hold.”

Hmmm, I wonder...

Edited by Spec8472: Removed the Spoilers tag - it's the spoilers thread, folks! :P
Last edited by Sage4Eros on Tue May 15, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

Val’s Shadow almost became a God by sucking up the power of the Firestaff.
In the fight against Val’s Shadow we have the following quotes:
NO! the Goddess screamed in his mind. He is a shadow, a creation, but his power is that of a god, kitten! No mortal can withstand it! He is an Avatar, kitten, but an Avatar of a dead god! But that doesn’t make it any less divine!
That won’t work, kitten! the Goddess warned. No mortal can strike at the power of a god! You know that! That shadow may be nothing but a creation, but it has the same protections as a god! It is a god!
Tarin's Shadow has THREE divine sources it can absorb or control:
1. It can control The Sword (which had ALL the power Tarin could put in it- say %90+)
2. It can control DRUIDIC magic (Tapping directly into the ALL- which is the unguided power of the Pyrosian Elder God).
3. It can absorb the power of the Demon Lord & get all of his power/abilities (& he is equal in power to at least a Younger God, if not an Elder)

If Val's Shadow could become a God after Val's death, then so can Tarin's Shadow- even if TARIN is no longer Divine. After all, he WAS Divine at the time he created his Shadow...

Edit: And if enough of the people the Shadow has been saving from the Demon Hordes start worshiping this "godlike being", then isn't that how YOUNGER Gods are created? I think I remember Fel stating that some Younger Gods started as mortals who were risen to godhood through people's belief...

Edited by Spec8472: Removed the Spoilers tag.
Last edited by Sage4Eros on Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Sage4Eros, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I was reading this. I can't wait to see what dirty tricks everybody's going to play on each other.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
rphilip
Talent

Post by rphilip »

One question; what is it that tells us that Tarin's Shadow can control Druidic magic? (I appear to be missing something because I didn't reread the Sennadar books).
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

One question; what is it that tells us that Tarin's Shadow can control Druidic magic? (I appear to be missing something because I didn't reread the Sennadar books).
This is the Chap. 10 spoiler thread...
If you read this thread before realizing that Chapter 10 had come out TODAY, then you need to IMEDIATLY go to the General index and download it for reading! It is another excellent example of Fel's genius.
Avoid reading the spoilers until after you have read the chapter (I don't want to ruin it for you). Afterwards come back here and look at our posts and see if you agree with us about our guesses where Fel is going with the story.

Below is the answer to your question.
Chapter 10- last paragraph:

It didn’t say a word. It raised a gray paw, and Tarrin felt something jerk. Instantly, something appeared in that raised paw, something that made Tarrin’s heart skip a beat. It was Tarrin’s half of his sword.

But there was no explanation. There was no answer to what Tarrin’s shadow had done, how it had managed it. Tarrin’s shadow had used Druidic magic.

Edited by Spec8472: Removed the Spoilers tag.
Last edited by Sage4Eros on Tue May 15, 2007 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

rphilip: Druidic magic is an extension of the power of the Elder God that controls the world. That's the power that Druid tap into when they use their magic. Druids on Sennadar are directly tapping into Ayise's power.

What makes it such a big deal (and without revealing anything) is that there IS no Elder God on Pyrosia. He abandoned the world of Pyrosia eons ago. No Druid should be able to use Druidic magic on Pyrosia without being instantly killed, yet the shadow has found a way to do it.

That's why it's a big deal.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

Are the 100,000 humans, disguised demons?
rphilip
Talent

Post by rphilip »

Ok, let me rephrase my question: How does Tarin know that what his shadow does is Druidic magic when the shadow takes Tarin's half of the sword?

I do understand why this is a big deal.
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

lagomilo:
That is my guess- the 100,000 humans are really Demons in disguise.

rphilip:
Druids can sense drudic magic. There are many examples of this- look at the invasion of the Zakerites (sp?) and how Tarin, Saphire & the "Bug" all sensed the Druidic Artifact that dampened Sorcery.

If you look at the last few Paragraphs in Chap. 10, the Druids (Tarin, Jassana & Triana) are all dumbfounded because they could sense what the Shadow did. That is why they are looking at each other and going WTF!?!?

At least that is how I read it...
Last edited by Sage4Eros on Tue May 15, 2007 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Just so. Druids can sense the use of Druidic magic.