Demon's Bane, chapter 10 (SPOILERS)

Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Demon's Bane, chapter 10 (SPOILERS)

Post by Mizriath »

Spec8472 wrote:Guys, you don't need to use the spoilers tag in here, when you're discussing chapter 10 stuff.

'course, if Chapter 11 were out - you couldn't discuss that, in this thread.

- Will
(Well and truly late to the party at the moment)
Huh Spec! You got me there.

I always thought discussing the Chapters ahead is pure conjecture until Fel gives out a cookie!!

But the Demon losing finally, is a foregone conclusion.

Hmm.. But who else (in Tarrin's inner group) is going to die... is open to debate. In Chapter 10, there is underlying words mentioning sacrifice, just wondering if someone is going to draw the short end. I was expecting Dolanna ... where Tarrin will be able to revive her ... but also someone else whom Tarrin cannot resurrect. Maybe Phandebrass with that Elaran wizardress. (Wizard in a dress)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mizriath wrote:I always thought discussing the Chapters ahead is pure conjecture until Fel gives out a cookie!!
Theorums and such are perfectly acceptable imo -

eg: I think Tarrin will wake up back in his own bed, the day after the village fair, having been ignored/dismissed by Dolanna and Faalken. The entire adventure/turning were/becoming a god/etc being just a dream after a particularly bad fever...

/me checks it's post April 1... aah, good! :)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Spec8472 wrote: eg: I think Tarrin will wake up back in his own bed, the day after the village fair, having been ignored/dismissed by Dolanna and Faalken. The entire adventure/turning were/becoming a god/etc being just a dream after a particularly bad fever...
One lo.....................................................................ng Dream.

It takes me almost one month to read the whole series word for word. Definitely a long dream. Those who can finish a chapter in 1 hour many not savour the writings. But I tend to skip words after the 4th reread.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
GloriousShamash
Initiate

Post by GloriousShamash »

I agree with Javna, and we've discussed this same possibility in previous chapter-threads. Pyrosia needs and elder god and, hopefully, a god to maintain the weave. I've always thought Tarrin's shadow, having many of the same traits Tarrin has, would be ideal.

Didn't Tarrin use druidic magic in a previous book despite there being no elder god? I know he was a demigod then, but the shadow was created during that period too.

In short, I expect Tarrin's shadow to become the new elder god of Pyrosia.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

GloriousShamash wrote:I agree with Javna, and we've discussed this same possibility in previous chapter-threads. Pyrosia needs and elder god and, hopefully, a god to maintain the weave. I've always thought Tarrin's shadow, having many of the same traits Tarrin has, would be ideal.

Didn't Tarrin use druidic magic in a previous book despite there being no elder god? I know he was a demigod then, but the shadow was created during that period too.

In short, I expect Tarrin's shadow to become the new elder god of Pyrosia.
Tarrin did use Druidic magic before, but it also killed him. He and Triana just witnessed his shadow repeatedly using Druidic magic. I think maybe the All took from Tarrin enough consciousness for Druidic magic to work. I would say that it too is a child of Tarrin.

Of course, it's all conjecture... there's probably some whammy of a reason that Fel hasn't told us yet. :twisted:
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Spec8472 wrote:
Mizriath wrote:I always thought discussing the Chapters ahead is pure conjecture until Fel gives out a cookie!!

eg: I think Tarrin will wake up back in his own bed, the day after the village fair, having been ignored/dismissed by Dolanna and Faalken. The entire adventure/turning were/becoming a god/etc being just a dream after a particularly bad fever...

this sounds like the last book that David Eddings gave out. Some heros, a bad guy, alittle strugel some die. Jump back in time and kill the bad guy before they are a treath. If something like that where to happen i would be a bit peved :lol:

And it is alwasy fun to speculat what is going to happen. Always like a slap in the face when im wrong .
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Yeah, the "Wizard of Oz" story has been done too many times...
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

The darker side of good and great stories gives it an edge and at times satisfaction.

Climactic endings is good but great cliff hangers are fantastic. But Fel has got it down to an art, the twists and turns, well it leaves me jaw hanging at the edge of the cliff.

:twisted: :shock: :D :) :o
GloriousShamash
Initiate

Post by GloriousShamash »

If I weren't wrong so often, speculation wouldn't be so much fun. It's like what people do with mystery stories. You try to figure out who the killer is, but aren't upset when the author fools you as long as he/she plays by the rules--each genre has some.

I suspect our speculation amuses Fel as well. Otherwise he wouldn't lurk about listening, lol!
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I know who the next Elder god of Pyrosia will be.
Spoiler
Show
Saraya!!!! She will inflict severe and fitting pranks on any being who doesn't show enough respect love and fear of her. No god or demon will be safe except werecats. She knows not to mess with werecats and also dragons.
I'm sure Fel will put some sort of twist on the story like that. One we haven't speculated upon or thought of.

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Spec8472 wrote:

Dude, I hate you. There goes my uberiffic surprise ending.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Dude, I hate you. There goes my uberiffic surprise ending.
It explains how Chapter 11 was written so quickly ;)
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:Dude, I hate you. There goes my uberiffic surprise ending.
You're mean to us...but even you aren't THAT mean... :wink:
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

Fel wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:

Dude, I hate you. There goes my uberiffic surprise ending.
You do realise if you did that, I'd scoop your eyeballs out with a kitchen spoon?
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Hey, everyone has to has something to live for.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.