Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Re: Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Post by Mistra »

i was sure rooting for that to happen :D, that still doesn't clear out the question of aiyse's connections to mother wyn.... KEY, NEXT DISCUSSION *pust on tinfoil hat to keep people from changing his mind*
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Wicketklown001 wrote:I wonder if these debates start simply in hopes that Fel will drop by and give a few more tidbits about the setting like this. :)
:shock:

:twisted: Its part of our highly developed pestering skills... passed down from generation to generation of forum fans, we have scientifically researched and modeled how many conjecture filled and speculative threads it takes before we get an answer from FEl and get him thinking about writing again. This has to be weighed mathematically against the RL (Real life*) factor, which has an exponentially negative effect on Fel's "T" (time to write*) but slightly increases Fel's "E" (escape from real life urge*).

On a side study, we the leaders of the off topic and several others are also working with the highly unstable elements of "B" (Beg*) and "A" (Annoy*). These threads are mostly filled with line upon line of "Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! and have the mixed effect of sometimes inspiring Fel, yet at the same time pissing off the all-mighty Spec. Though research, testing, and human studies still need to be completed, you will be able to read the finished product in the Scientific Journal of Bull Sh**... also known as fiferguy's and my posts... :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Mistra wrote:i was sure rooting for that to happen :D, that still doesn't clear out the question of aiyse's connections to mother wyn.... KEY, NEXT DISCUSSION *pust on tinfoil hat to keep people from changing his mind*
I do not think there is a connection at all, If I remember correctly from posts Fel made, they are tied to the GOG and not sennadar..
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

michaelsuave wrote:
Wicketklown001 wrote:I wonder if these debates start simply in hopes that Fel will drop by and give a few more tidbits about the setting like this. :)
:shock:

:twisted: Its part of our highly developed pestering skills... passed down from generation to generation of forum fans, we have scientifically researched and modeled how many conjecture filled and speculative threads it takes before we get an answer from FEl and get him thinking about writing again. This has to be weighed mathematically against the RL (Real life*) factor, which has an exponentially negative effect on Fel's "T" (time to write*) but slightly increases Fel's "E" (escape from real life urge*).

On a side study, we the leaders of the off topic and several others are also working with the highly unstable elements of "B" (Beg*) and "A" (Annoy*). These threads are mostly filled with line upon line of "Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! and have the mixed effect of sometimes inspiring Fel, yet at the same time pissing off the all-mighty Spec. Though research, testing, and human studies still need to be completed, you will be able to read the finished product in the Scientific Journal of Bull Sh**... also known as fiferguy's and my posts... :twisted:

~Michael 8)
In a word, ROFL.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Peter_Koopman wrote:
afrigeek wrote:Mother Wynn certainly only fits the profile of some serious meddling by the GoG.
This has been discussed before:
http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=814

But in the absence of any confirmation from Fel, the theory about the fates also remains just that: A theory.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Hearly wrote:
Mistra wrote:i was sure rooting for that to happen :D, that still doesn't clear out the question of aiyse's connections to mother wyn.... KEY, NEXT DISCUSSION *pust on tinfoil hat to keep people from changing his mind*
I do not think there is a connection at all, If I remember correctly from posts Fel made, they are tied to the GOG and not sennadar..

Well I guess there is a reason for the tinfoil hat. No amount of posts about Mother Wyn not being connected to Ayise will change his mind :D
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
GloriousShamash
Initiate

Post by GloriousShamash »

What if the solar wore a tinfoil hat and was working the crossroads? Could he beat a Prime then? LOL
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

GloriousShamash wrote:What if the solar wore a tinfoil hat and was working the crossroads? Could he beat a Prime then? LOL
Maybe if we got her drunk... REALLY drunk... :twisted:
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Fel wrote:Such conjecture. ;)

Any of the Elder Gods is more than a match for any Solar, anywhere, any time. So the whole Ayise vs. Solar thread is a moot point. Not only is Ayise stronger, but no Solar would dare even tangle with her, because she's a Prime.

But, it was fun to watch. ;)
You say *ANY* of the elder gods. Does this mean only PRIME elder gods or any elder God be they prime or not?

I assume though that the arrow fired by a solar can kill even a prime elder God should it somehow manage to hit one...

Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

afrigeek wrote:
Fel wrote:Such conjecture. ;)

Any of the Elder Gods is more than a match for any Solar, anywhere, any time. So the whole Ayise vs. Solar thread is a moot point. Not only is Ayise stronger, but no Solar would dare even tangle with her, because she's a Prime.

But, it was fun to watch. ;)
You say *ANY* of the elder gods. Does this mean only PRIME elder gods or any elder God be they prime or not?

I assume though that the arrow fired by a solar can kill even a prime elder God should it somehow manage to hit one...
Except the Gods aren't really on Sennadar. To kill a god, the Solar would have to travel to that god's home realm and do it there, which as we found out in the story, defines impossible. The Solar would get spanked.

Probably the only place that it would be possible would be in that area of the crossroads where demon and godly powers cease to function, near the core, where only Deva powers work. Even then though, the God is likely to send an avatar and not him/herself.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote: Even then though, the God is likely to send an avatar and not him/herself.
But wouldn't an avatar formed by divine power cease to function that close to the core? I thought that is why people who were afraid of the gods or demons, or who were trying to hide out, lived in that section of the city... because even a god couldn't get them there? Only Fel and the shadow knows.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:
Fiferguy wrote: Even then though, the God is likely to send an avatar and not him/herself.
But wouldn't an avatar formed by divine power cease to function that close to the core? I thought that is why people who were afraid of the gods or demons, or who were trying to hide out, lived in that section of the city... because even a god couldn't get them there? Only Fel and the shadow knows.

~Michael 8)
You're right... sorry bout that. I haven't had enough coffee yet. ;) So the core would work.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:

~Michael 8)
You're right... sorry bout that. I haven't had enough coffee yet. ;) So the core would work.
He he. I got Fiferguy to admit that I was right and he was wrong... he he :D

Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:
michaelsuave wrote: But wouldn't an avatar formed by divine power cease to function that close to the core? I thought that is why people who were afraid of the gods or demons, or who were trying to hide out, lived in that section of the city... because even a god couldn't get them there? Only Fel and the shadow knows.

~Michael 8)
Only cause I hadn't had enough coffee...
:P
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fiferguy wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:
Fiferguy wrote: You're right... sorry bout that. I haven't had enough coffee yet. ;) So the core would work.
Only cause I hadn't had enough coffee...
:P
Not like that doesn't happen most days anyways.

The Fiferguy being wrong part at least. I might have to write down the day since you were right Michael.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com