Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Post by Fiferguy »

With friends like you guys, who needs enemies? :twisted:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:With friends like you guys, who needs enemies? :twisted:
Its a two for one sale, you buy a friend, and we throw the enemy in for free... and not only that... but if you buy now, we will give you snide comebacks absolutely free!!! :D :twisted:

:oops: And once again... we send a thread hopelessly off-topic

so um, god of gods, mother whynn, tarrins shadow, mumble mumble (hope that gets it back on topic*) :?
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:With friends like you guys, who needs enemies? :twisted:
Its a two for one sale, you buy a friend, and we throw the enemy in for free... and not only that... but if you buy now, we will give you snide comebacks absolutely free!!! :D :twisted:

:oops: And once again... we send a thread hopelessly off-topic

so um, god of gods, mother whynn, tarrins shadow, mumble mumble (hope that gets it back on topic*) :?
Topic? What is this mythical Topic of which you speak? Hast it significance in the realm of Sennadar? Or this terrible, plague filled Earth-realm which was mentioned recently?
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

afrigeek wrote:
Peter_Koopman wrote:This has been discussed before:
http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=814
But in the absence of any confirmation from Fel, the theory about the fates also remains just that: A theory.
Agreed. But Fel reacted to that one, so I think the guess was pretty close.

Even the gods have a destiny. So who can be more powerful than the controllers of that destiny? I think that only the God of Gods is above destiny.

The Fates are the messengers of the God of Gods, maybe even an aspect of his power. They are his way of meddling in the ways of men. Because if the God of Gods is all powerful, he has to be very careful about using it, else he might inadvertently destroy everything.

What better way than to bestow destiny upon some mere mortal, to do your bidding for you?
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Hmm,

On the other hand, I wonder whether the other prime that is even more powerful than Ayise could be the prime elder of the plane that contains earth?
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

afrigeek wrote:Hmm,

On the other hand, I wonder whether the other prime that is even more powerful than Ayise could be the prime elder of the plane that contains earth?
Earth doesn't have magic... thus I don't think that earth is a prime... Or it could just be that the rules are different here...? Heck, who knows if earth actual fits into Fel's universe. I know it fits into Fiferguys Delorian, but I don't think it does for Fel. He would have to tell us how that works out. Heck, if thats the case, then in the end subjugation could even be in the same universe as sennadar... :wink:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:Earth doesn't have magic...
It depends on your viewpoint.. ;) But we won't talk religion...that leads to flaming. :twisted:
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

well, from my POV our universe doesn't fit into Fel's multiverse at all, because I don't believe in a god that created the universe. But that's my idea about how things work.

but, for the sake of discussion, let's ignore that, we are told that the worlds/universes that are further from the Core of the multiverse have less magic, so ours could be a universe that's a long way from the Core.
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Andygal wrote:well, from my POV our universe doesn't fit into Fel's multiverse at all, because I don't believe in a god that created the universe. But that's my idea about how things work.

but, for the sake of discussion, let's ignore that, we are told that the worlds/universes that are further from the Core of the multiverse have less magic, so ours could be a universe that's a long way from the Core.
Like Fiferguy stated, religion is a no no around here, unless it is specifically listed as such and put in the general forum... lets keep this thread for strictly sennadar related PC stuff... oh, and the occassional off topic remark... :wink: shall we? :?

Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:
Andygal wrote:well, from my POV our universe doesn't fit into Fel's multiverse at all, because I don't believe in a god that created the universe. But that's my idea about how things work.

Like Fiferguy stated, religion is a no no around here, unless it is specifically listed as such and put in the general forum... lets keep this thread for strictly sennadar related PC stuff... oh, and the occassional off topic remark... :wink: shall we? :?
Here here... So who's going to take control over the Pyrosian weave after Tarrin goes home? Maybe a new god or goddess of magic?
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

Fiferguy wrote:Here here... So who's going to take control over the Pyrosian weave after Tarrin goes home? Maybe a new god or goddess of magic?
I think Tarrin will take over the weave.

Remember that Mother took the cat statue with her in Axe? I think she somehow saved his God aspect when he turned mortal again.

She'll take Tarrins god aspect to the domain of the god's. From there he'll create an icon on Pyrosia which will take over the weave.

Plus, he's the perfect protector for the Firestaf, which is on Pyrosia too. So only the mortal Tarrin will return after assimilating his shadow again. Tarrin the Young God of magic, fire and duty stays behind.

To me this makes sense. Really it does! Don't drug me again. Nooo! :wink:
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
storyreader2005
Sorcerer

Post by storyreader2005 »

Peter_Koopman wrote:I think Tarrin will take over the weave.

Remember that Mother took the cat statue with her in Axe? I think she somehow saved his God aspect when he turned mortal again.

To me this makes sense. Really it does! Don't drug me again. Nooo! :wink:
You really don't need anymore drugs since you missed the last half of Demon's Bane chapter 7. :wink:

Tarrin took both the duplicate body and the soletrap/cat statue to the "Heart" where he splits his sole into mortal and divine, sticks his mortal sole into the body, and his divine half is destroyed by being in a material plane without any protection.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

storyreader2005 wrote: You really don't need anymore drugs since you missed the last half of Demon's Bane chapter 7. :wink:

Tarrin took both the duplicate body and the soletrap/cat statue to the "Heart" where he splits his sole into mortal and divine, sticks his mortal sole into the body, and his divine half is destroyed by being in a material plane without any protection.
Yep, and besides, Tarrin REALLY REALLY doesn't want to be a god. He just wants to live at home with his family, get some excitement every now and then, and just enjoy living out his days... hes a real homebody werecat when he gets the chance. I don't foresee him wanting to stay in Pyrosia after he defeats the demon lord. Besides, if he did, then he would have to deal with the One all of the time... and Tarrin is known for holding grudges. :twisted:

GloriousShamash
Initiate

Post by GloriousShamash »

I see a couple of problems with Tarrin taking over the weave.

1. It's pretty clear from Fel's language that Tarrin's divine soul was destroyed.

2. Even if it were not destoyed, it was a creation of the firestaff--bad mojo.

3. You really need an elder god for this kind of job. The younger gods are a bit too vulnerable to be suitable.

I would, however, like an elder god with some of the same characteristics as Tarrin. I think it's clear from who Nyise's favorites are that she's not all sweetness and light. As I've said before, I'm hoping the shadow gets somehow elevated to elder god status.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

GloriousShamash wrote:I see a couple of problems with Tarrin taking over the weave.

1. It's pretty clear from Fel's language that Tarrin's divine soul was destroyed.

2. Even if it were not destoyed, it was a creation of the firestaff--bad mojo.

3. You really need an elder god for this kind of job. The younger gods are a bit too vulnerable to be suitable.

I would, however, like an elder god with some of the same characteristics as Tarrin. I think it's clear from who Nyise's favorites are that she's not all sweetness and light. As I've said before, I'm hoping the shadow gets somehow elevated to elder god status.
You know, that makes me think. Tarrin's shadow is getting smarter the more demonic energy he absorbs. Now we know that if Tarrin's shadow killed enough demons, then he would be a threat to the demon lord. And we know that he has absorbed enough to be dangerous to the demon lord by this point. We also know that demon lords would be a tough battle for an elder god, that they rival the elder gods in power. So if Tarrin's shadow absorbs the Demon lords power he would in fact be an elder god, especially since he was created out of divine power originally and has already absorbed so much power. Also add in the fact that he was created on Pyrosia, and you do have a created elder god of pyrosia. That could be cool. :twisted:
~Michael