Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

TStyle
Sorcerer

Re: Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Post by TStyle »

Well at this point michaelsuave I think we're going to have to agree to disagree until a Ref's Call is made by Fel, or possible Lochar.
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

TStyle wrote:Well at this point michaelsuave I think we're going to have to agree to disagree until a Ref's Call is made by Fel, or possible Lochar.
Yeah, what he said.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Wicketklown001 wrote:
TStyle wrote:Well at this point michaelsuave I think we're going to have to agree to disagree until a Ref's Call is made by Fel, or possible Lochar.
Yeah, what he said.
Second the motion, motion is passed...
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

hmmm, i had a bright moment here... the ALL is ayise's power, ayise can turn mortals into gods and druids can wield the ALL. Couldn't a druid make himself a god by using the all (i know he should die cause the intent is more powerfull then any druid could cope with, but gods don't die.)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Thus he would be the God of Paradox. The dead god who can not die.

J-Man5
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

Mistra wrote:hmmm, i had a bright moment here... the ALL is ayise's power, ayise can turn mortals into gods and druids can wield the ALL. Couldn't a druid make himself a god by using the all (i know he should die cause the intent is more powerfull then any druid could cope with, but gods don't die.)
I suppose it might work if Ayise thought the druid would be a good god or fill a purpose that the current gods don't, but it's unlikely since the desire to be a god usually is from selfish reasons.

If Ayise didn't approve of the mortal's desire to be a god he would simply die before becoming a god. Or she could allow him to become a younger god....with no followers.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Wicketklown001 wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:There is no way to scour the power of the firestaff away from the divine portion of Tarrin's soul.
I think you may be mistaken...
Demon's Bane Chapter 7 wrote:. Though the divine soul could not be changed into a mortal soul, that divine soul could itself be transformed into something similar to itself. The taint of the Firestaff was stripped from it, forever destroying the link between Tarrin and that artifact.
I bolded the part that seems to contradict you. Of course I've been wrong before but that's how I interpreted it.
The link that Ayise destroyed between Tarrin and the artifact was the link between the divine soul and the mortal echoes that Tarrin used to recreate his soul as a complete mortal again. Then they both let go of the protections around what was left of the divine soul, which was a mindless blob of divine energy actually, since it had no consciousness.

Ayise then took Tarrin's newly MORTAL soul and claimed it as a child of hers, completely under the rules put forth by her and hers. That made him a true native of Sennadar again, and no longer a point of contention.
Wicketklown001 wrote:
michaelsuave wrote: If Ayise could transmute the power of the firestaff into on of her younger gods, then the firestaff wouldn't really be a problem now would it?
I think Ayise was able to do this only because Tarrin was willing to let her, had he been opposed to it I don't think she could have done it because then his divine soul would have fought the change, hence the problems with other children of the firestaff.
Ayise did this to his mortal soul, not to the divine energies of the Firestaff's created god. By the time she transmuted him into a child of hers, there wasn't anything godly left.

Although, I do think we haven't seen the last of the divine soul, if it had any sort of consciousness before it was destroyed. It would have been a completely divine figure again, probably with the mind as well, since there wasn't anything mortal holding it back. And it would have been based off of Tarrin's consciousness, which we all know is devious as hell.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

if i remeber correctly, demons dont try to conquer every world automatically. they tried to get sennadar as it is a prime plane. they want pyrosia as the elder gods power is up for grabs. but still how important is it. for the weave to work well at all in pyrosia, then it self has to be close enough to the core to get magic. also with the weave and elder gods stretching from sennadar to pyosia does this not mean they are becoming inteconnected. there are even niami children there. what if the planes became bound to each other, the return of the four races, elf drawf goblin human. also firestaff, entropic creature with power mathing elder gods, if destroyed could crack the world, what if that energy was channeled.
.S.A.M.K.M
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

SYED wrote:also with the weave and elder gods stretching from sennadar to pyosia does this not mean they are becoming inteconnected.
I don't think the weaves are connected anymore, which is why it needs a god to sustain it. Once the weave was in place on Pyrosia it became self contained and separate from Niami's weave on Sennadar.

I could be wrong since it's been awhile since I read the relevant chapters but that's how it seemed to me.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Wicketklown001 wrote:
SYED wrote:also with the weave and elder gods stretching from sennadar to pyosia does this not mean they are becoming inteconnected.
I don't think the weaves are connected anymore, which is why it needs a god to sustain it. Once the weave was in place on Pyrosia it became self contained and separate from Niami's weave on Sennadar.

I could be wrong since it's been awhile since I read the relevant chapters but that's how it seemed to me.
Correct, Tarrin was going to use his sword as the connection between Sennadar and Pyrosia so that Niami could hold the weave together, but it was broken. So it now needs a guiding mind, since Niami isn't there to do so.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

Deleted- moved to:
Demon's Bane, chapter 10 (SPOILERS)

Sorry- for the Mis-post, this had Chapter 10 Spoilers...