question about a certain character

fickle-godling
Initiate

question about a certain character

Post by fickle-godling »

Just WHO is Mother Wynn?? is she the god of gods?? oh that would be a nice twist.

i still cant figure it out, i dont know if i missed something in the other chapters...HELP!!!

By the way, my praise to the author. I am totally, and sincerely hooked! :shock:[/spoiler]
checking this forum everyday is turning into an addiction
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: question about a certain character

Post by michaelsuave »

fickle-godling wrote:Just WHO is Mother Wynn?? is she the god of gods?? oh that would be a nice twist.

i still cant figure it out, i dont know if i missed something in the other chapters...HELP!!!

By the way, my praise to the author. I am totally, and sincerely hooked! :shock:[/spoiler]
That is the million dollar question... only the shadow knows... actually, only fel knows.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
fickle-godling
Initiate

Post by fickle-godling »

That is the million dollar question... only the shadow knows... actually, only fel knows.
hahah that is true![/quote]
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

or perhaps even he doesn't know yet, perhaps mother wynn just showed up in his story and he hasn't got a clue what she's doing there. Perhaps she's a representative of the real god of gods in our multiverse that sneaked her way into fells writing................................*goes mad* Daisy's anyone?
storyreader2005
Sorcerer

Post by storyreader2005 »

I am really surprised that people are still asking about this. There are lots of examples in popular culture that even if you aren't familiar with Greek mythology, you should still be able see the parallels. Of course I've also read several fiction/fantasy books that have used similar bits of Mythology (not necessarily Greek) before so maybe I have an advantage.

I'm not sure which of the mythology's Fel is using because given the abilities that mother wynn has displayed, all of them fit.

Norns (from Norse mythology)
Moirae (from Greek mythology)
Parcae (from Roman mythology)

If you don't know what these are you can look them up on http://www.wikipedia.org. Or if you simply have to know... here's a spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
A.K.A. the "Fates"
Sometimes depicted as the Maiden, Mother, and Crone
fickle-godling
Initiate

Post by fickle-godling »

storyreader2005 wrote:I am really surprised that people are still asking about this. There are lots of examples in popular culture that even if you aren't familiar with Greek mythology, you should still be able see the parallels. Of course I've also read several fiction/fantasy books that have used similar bits of Mythology (not necessarily Greek) before so maybe I have an advantage.

I'm not sure which of the mythology's Fel is using because given the abilities that mother wynn has displayed, all of them fit.

Norns (from Norse mythology)
Moirae (from Greek mythology)
Parcae (from Roman mythology)

hmm good point, I would never have thought of that!
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

storyreader2005 wrote:I am really surprised that people are still asking about this.
Good one. I think it fits perfectly.

Next question ofcourse should be: When will we meet the Mother? We've met the maiden and the Crone, but not the mother.

Or, Gods forbid, have we met her already and did I miss it?

Frak it Fel! Stop playing with my head! It hurts!. :wink:
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you.

:P
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

Fel wrote:I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you.
Hmm... Choices... Which to choose? :?

Am I really that curious? Gaaah!!! Okay you win! grumble, growl... I'll wait! But don't make me wait to long. The second choice becomes more attractive every day. :wink:
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

I'm open for killing right after reading the last chapter of demon's bane. I won't have anything to live for anyway.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.